Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 417 of 662 FirstFirst ... 317367407415416417418419427467517 ... LastLast
Results 6,241 to 6,255 of 9920
    Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    So what are you basing this on? His 27% from 3? His 30% overall fg%? His 4 turnovers per game? His almost non-existent defense? Oh I know, the fact that he was playing in a league of guys who didn't even get D1 scholarship offers...lol. Pick your poison guy... I'll remind you whose better in about 6 months.
    What are you talking about? Ball averaged 2.5 turnovers per game which is actually amazing.

There are also numerous former NBA players and former players who were some of the best in college basketball not too long ago in the NBL:

Melo Trimble
    Casper Ware
    Josh Boone
    Andrew Bogut
    Aaron Brooks
    Bryce Cotton
    Scotty Hopson
    Terrico White

This is just to name a few. Please realize that regardless of what you think of the NBL, itís better than college basketball. Where do you think good college basketball players that canít cut it in the NBA and former NBA players go? They donít all go to the NBL, but itís on the short list.
    Last edited by smood999; 08-04-2020 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    What are you talking about? Ball averaged 2.5 turnovers per game which is actually amazing.

There are also numerous former NBA players and former players who were some of the best in college basketball not too long ago in the NBL:

Melo Trimble
    Casper Ware
    Josh Boone
    Andrew Bogut
    Aaron Brooks
    Bryce Cotton
    Scotty Hopson
    Terrico White

This is just to name a few. Please realize that regardless of what you think of the NBL, itís better than college basketball. Where do you think good college basketball players that canít cut it in the NBA and former NBA players go? They donít all go to the NBL, but itís on the short list.
    Blahhhh... I hope you don't think that is an impressive list? Those players wouldn't make a Big 3 roster...lol

And out of all the awful stats that I listed you seemed to brag on 2.5 turnovers... C'mon man

Blahhhh... I hope you don't think that is an impressive list? Those players wouldn't make a Big 3 roster...lol

And out of all the awful stats that I listed you seemed to brag on 2.5 turnovers... C'mon man
    You specifically said that there werenít any D1 players or former NBA players and you were wrong. Most of those guys were recently some of the top players in college basketball.

Yeah I said something about the turnovers. Four is a lot and not turning it over is actually one of his strengths and impressive considering his style of play and the passes that he makes. You posting that is completely wrong and is a misrepresentation of the player.

He didnít shoot 30% from the field either if that makes you happy. Your entire post was factually incorrect.

You do this every year with whoever you feel is the most ďhypedĒ player and you have a streak of not just being wrong, but being wrong in a huge way - Embiid, Simmons, Doncic, Young, Zion, Tatum, etc. My guess is that this will just be another name added to that list.

Youíre even doing it now with MPJ vs. Knox as if they are even comparable talents. You were also just ******** on Deni a few weeks ago.
    Last edited by smood999; 08-04-2020 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    The Wolves drafted Ricky Rubio and Jonny Flynn above Steph Curry. Donnie Walsh couldn't part with a future first rounder and settled for Jordan Hill.

Not sure who was dumber.

If the Wolves are between the Knicks and Lamelo, go for it.
    The key is to know when to trade up and when not to because it is not worth the price.

LaMelos stock is high because of the things he has, that canít be taught. Elite size, elite vision, elite passing ability in a number of ways, strong athleticism and handle.

If youíre gonna take a shot, thatís the guy you do it on

That was like some (donít remember if it was you among them) who tried to say Zion wouldnít be good. You donít pass on a guy that checks elite or close boxes in a number of columns
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 08-04-2020 at 10:33 PM.

LaMelo is not better than Deni...Sorry, too many ex-NBA players are saying this kid is the real deal and they know better than us!

Draft Deni

Last edited by smood999; 08-04-2020 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    You specifically said that there werenít any D1 players or former NBA players and you were wrong. Most of those guys were recently some of the top players in college basketball.

Yeah I said something about the turnovers. Four is a lot and not turning it over is actually one of his strengths and impressive considering his style of play and the passes that he makes. You posting that is completely wrong and is a misrepresentation of the player.

He didnít shoot 30% from the field either if that makes you happy. Your entire post was factually incorrect.

You do this every year with whoever you feel is the most ďhypedĒ player and you have a streak of not just being wrong, but being wrong in a huge way - Embiid, Simmons, Doncic, Young, Zion, Tatum, etc. My guess is that this will just be another name added to that list.

Youíre even doing it now with MPJ vs. Knox as if they are even comparable talents. You were also just ******** on Deni a few weeks ago.
    What??? Tatum is from my home town I've done nothing but hyped him so you just made that up. Trae Young was also one of my favorite players in college. The reason why I want Deni is because I admit I was wrong about Doncic. I admittedly was also wrong about Deni until his season started back and he straight dominated. The dude is 6'10" with a handle and speed with the ball similar to Ben Simmons and crafty around the hoop and good passing similar to Doncic. Deni is also a winner which is very important...

Knicks can't pass Deni up for a kid that has proven nothing but Cherry pick to score 91 points in a high school game.

Balls real stats: 37% fg, 25% from 3 and 2.5 turnovers... Not good at all, you can't deny that. Now go look at Deni's stats and obvious impact on a championship team.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    LaMelos stock is high because of the things he has, that canít be taught. Elite size, elite vision, elite passing ability in a number of ways, strong athleticism and handle.

If youíre gonna take a shot, thatís the guy you do it on

That was like some (donít remember if it was you among them) who tried to say Zion wouldnít be good. You donít pass on a guy that checks elite or close boxes in a number of columns
    He doesn't tho... Haliburton, Hayes and Kira are all GREAT passers who shoots the ball a lot better than LaMelo and plays defense a lot better... Isn't defense the reason you guys don't like Obi Toppin? How does LaMelo get a pass on Bad Defense... You guys are drunk on the Kool-aid. Look I see some talent with Melo but he is just nowhere as good as Deni right now. There are too many good point guards at 27 for us to pass on Deni.

I'm not sure what people are arguing but LaMelo is the most talented player in this draft.
    His low %'s are more because of poor shot selection than not being able to shoot. He was on a tear there for a while where we saw LaMelo's true potential.

I have Deni as my personal #2 pick for the Knicks. I think he'll be a good NBA player and with his rapid growth I see him becoming good very quickly.

Too bad the Knicks can't make a trade that lands them both. A young core of LaMelo, RJB, Deni, Mitch and Knox would be so exciting.

The Knicks don't need LaMelo Ball to drop elite scoring. They need him to get the basketball to RJ Barrett so he can provide elite scoring. A true point guard makes all the guys around him better.

Haliburton was the first point guard I advocated for. I still do. Everyone keeps talking about his lack of muscle mass.

Well anyone keeping track of Porzingis after he dropped 15 lbs of muscle? He's looking spectacular. Against Sacramento, he played 22 minutes but the last 3 games prior he was playing 38 min averaging double/doubles and getting to the free throw line multiple times and dropping 10/11 at the line.

So no, muscle mass is a 90s thing. They call flagrants when you breathe wrong in the NBA today. It's really conditioning and stamina that gives you the edge.

He doesn't tho... Haliburton, Hayes and Kira are all GREAT passers who shoots the ball a lot better than LaMelo and plays defense a lot better... Isn't defense the reason you guys don't like Obi Toppin? How does LaMelo get a pass on Bad Defense... You guys are drunk on the Kool-aid. Look I see some talent with Melo but he is just nowhere as good as Deni right now. There are too many good point guards at 27 for us to pass on Deni.
    No. Those guys arenít great passers. They canít make the plays LaMelo can. And they arenít 6í8. And youíre so high on Deni, up until about a month ago, you were telling everyone they were crazy for wanting him too

I like all those guys. Wouldnt be mad if we wound up with them. But LaMelo is #1 for us
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 08-05-2020 at 05:34 AM.

Clippers lost again last night. Let's move that pick up a few spots.

What??? Tatum is from my home town I've done nothing but hyped him so you just made that up. Trae Young was also one of my favorite players in college. The reason why I want Deni is because I admit I was wrong about Doncic. I admittedly was also wrong about Deni until his season started back and he straight dominated. The dude is 6'10" with a handle and speed with the ball similar to Ben Simmons and crafty around the hoop and good passing similar to Doncic. Deni is also a winner which is very important...

Knicks can't pass Deni up for a kid that has proven nothing but Cherry pick to score 91 points in a high school game.

Balls real stats: 37% fg, 25% from 3 and 2.5 turnovers... Not good at all, you can't deny that. Now go look at Deni's stats and obvious impact on a championship team.
    Yes, you were high on Tatum during the draft process but you downplayed his early success to make the Knicks young players look better...similar to what you do with Zion and RJ now.

You may have liked Young in college but you were against the Knicks drafting him. He was too small, didnít defend, and the Knicks already had Frank and Burke. Also, even if I remove Tatum and Young from that list, itís still pretty bad.

Maybe youíre trying to be a contrarian for the sake of being one or maybe itís just you trying to make yourself and other Knicks fans feel better about the players on the team, but you do this often and it never works out. Maybe youíve changed your tune about Deni because heís more likely to be the pick than Ball. Iím not sure, but heís definitely nothing like Doncic or Simmons.

We all know what Ballís numbers look like. Weíve discussed it non-stop. A lot of that is due to poor shot selection and a rough start. He ended his season on a similar run to Deni and was one of the best players in the NBL.

What kind of growth are we talking here?

Actually, it was pretty impressive.

In the first six NBL games, Ball averaged 12 points, 5.7 rebounds and 5.3 assists on a disastrous 34.2/15.4/68.5 shooting line.

In his last six games, he averaged 22 points, 9.2 rebounds and 8.2 assists on a bad but not awful 40.0/31.2/75.0 shooting line.

He got way better as the season went on.
    Regardless the main selling point is just his overall skill which in unmatched by any other player in the draft. You can actually look at Ball and see special and elite traits. No one else has that. He does things that canít be taught and that most players canít do. He may end up being a bust, but Iíll bet on that any day.

Most of us have liked Deni for awhile so Iím not sure what this is all about to begin with. We would all be happy with him just not if the Knicks moved up into the top 2 or 3. If the Knicks move up, are you still taking him?
    Last edited by smood999; 08-05-2020 at 11:59 AM.

You need to go back and watch or read more about these players if youíre going to even try comparing their playmaking abilities to Ball. There are probably only a handful of guys in the NBA that you can even compare his playmaking ability to.

What is the realistic outcome for a PG at 27?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    The Knicks don't need LaMelo Ball to drop elite scoring. They need him to get the basketball to RJ Barrett so he can provide elite scoring. A true point guard makes all the guys around him better.

Haliburton was the first point guard I advocated for. I still do. Everyone keeps talking about his lack of muscle mass.

Well anyone keeping track of Porzingis after he dropped 15 lbs of muscle? He's looking spectacular. Against Sacramento, he played 22 minutes but the last 3 games prior he was playing 38 min averaging double/doubles and getting to the free throw line multiple times and dropping 10/11 at the line.

So no, muscle mass is a 90s thing. They call flagrants when you breathe wrong in the NBA today. It's really conditioning and stamina that gives you the edge.
    I agree with most of your points but LaMelo is by far the best point guard in this draft and is an elite playmaker that can also get his. LaMelo has the superior court vision and playmaking abilities and over all better feel for the game. Things that are difficult to teach.

LaMelo is a way better prospect than Hali.
    Not saying Hali is going to suck but the guy doesn't break down defenses. Hali is a solid pick if you're picking at 8 though.