Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 414 of 686 FirstFirst ... 314364404412413414415416424464514 ... LastLast
Results 6,196 to 6,210 of 10288
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Letís say we land at 6. What do you think itíll take to move to 1-3?
    It all depends on who has pick 1 to 3

Chances are weíre at 7 or 8 more than 6.

Letís say itís 7. I could see it costing that pick plus both Dallas picks, unprotected, to move to 1. If itís more than that maybe add Knox? Or swap out 1 Dal pick for our own 2021 pick.

Itíll be something like that.

3. 08-04-2020, 12:02 AM

I'm sure that gets it done. I'm not sure that's necessary.

This is a terrible argument. Everybody wants Ball or Edwards. I bet the Hawks were licking their chops when Dallas called and wanted to trade up for Doncic too.
    Oh I'm sure sure they would take this year's and RJ or Mitch but I'm not doing that either.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    He had one good game...lol. Knox was player of the month his rookie season and has a couple 30 point games... Such an emotional remark... I'm glad I'm on your mind...lol

Amare and Acy were longtime NBA players I think their take on Deni holds more merit than anyone in this forum. Amare is still better than anyone that has ever played with Melo Ball.
    Amare and acy are done. Porters had more than one game lmaooo
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Chances are weíre at 7 or 8 more than 6.

Letís say itís 7. I could see it costing that pick plus both Dallas picks, unprotected, to move to 1. If itís more than that maybe add Knox? Or swap out 1 Dal pick for our own 2021 pick.

Itíll be something like that.
    Here's the thing. The Knicks are terrible at keeping their game plans secret.

For example, last season they traded KP plus THJr and other cap clutter because they hoped to land both Durant and Kyrie. Everyone knew it before last season began. Brooklyn was the dark horse that kept everything quiet till they pounced in the last moment.

Every team knows the Knicks want LaMelo Ball. Best way to screw the Knicks and help themselves is to draft someone they don't need.

Cleveland wants Obi Toppin. They could draft him at #2 but why not draft Ball and then force the Knicks to take Kevin Love off their hands for LaMelo Ball while they still get Toppin.

If the Knicks drop any lower than #6 then they can forget about getting Ball unless they offer a king's ransom in future picks.

Doesnít this just prove my point?

If a team has Wiseman or Toppin or Deni or Okoro as their #1 guy, and they think they can get him at 6 or wherever we land, wouldnít they be more willing to trade with us?

And thatís going to be even easier in a draft like this where thereís no Zion or even Ja Morant at the top that is highly coveted.
    Trading from 1 to 6? Thatís a long way to drop and assume youíre getting your guy. It all depends whoís drafting ahead of us. Still say itís taking our first next year, plus this years extra at minimum. Which Iím not doing. I donít give up our draft pick at all, unless thereís strong protection on it, more than top 5

And of those recent trades mentioned in this article, none are really similar to this situation.
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 08-04-2020 at 05:49 AM.

This all depends on the order. There are definitely scenarios where the Knicks would only have to trade up to 3 or 4.

I agree that a trade from 6-8 to 1 is probably not happening. That was never my thinking when supporting a trade up.

I do also agree with Bubba that this year is different considering that most teams probably have the same top 7 or so but in all different orders. If there was going to be a year that a team could trade up from 6 to 1, this would be it. Itís already been reported that some teams would likely look to trade down if they received one of the top picks for this reason.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    This all depends on the order. There are definitely scenarios where the Knicks would only have to trade up to 3 or 4.

I agree that a trade from 6-8 to 1 is probably not happening. That was never my thinking when supporting a trade up.

I do also agree with Bubba that this year is different considering that most teams probably have the same top 7 or so but in all different orders. If there was going to be a year that a team could trade up from 6 to 1, this would be it. Itís already been reported that some teams would likely look to trade down if they received one of the top picks for this reason.
    I donít doubt it can happen. But at what cost. I guess itís difficult to say, as thereís tons of variables here

In the end, I wouldnít give up too much. If someone is giving us decent value on a trade, sure. The one real wildcard is GS, as who knows if due to the money, they even want their pick at all. Could be very costly for them to keep it. On the flip side though, if itís going to be ďeasierĒ to move up, why wouldnít any of the other teams do it?
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 08-04-2020 at 10:00 AM.

This just means that teams are open to trading down. It doesn't mean it won't cost much.

The bottom line is a Dallas pick+Knox isn't getting this done despite what some might believe.

Even in a weak draft the first pick is still the first pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    This just means that teams are open to trading down. It doesn't mean it won't cost much.

The bottom line is a Dallas pick+Knox isn't getting this done despite what some might believe.

Even in a weak draft the first pick is still the first pick.
    I started off by posting that I think there are scenarios where he can be had with the 3rd or 4th pick. Iím not banking on trading up to number 1. This all depends on the order.

For example, if GS and Cleveland get the top two picks, I would bet on him being available at 3 or 4.

I started off by posting that I think there are scenarios where he can be had with the 3rd or 4th pick. Iím not banking on trading up to number 1. This all depends on the order.

For example, if GS and Cleveland get the top two picks, I would bet on him being available at 3 or 4.
    I suppose there is an outside chance he makes it to 3 but I don't think thatís likely. Knicks aren't the only team interested in him. Minny for example, is rumored to be locked in on him. I would be very surprised if Ball fell to 4.

I suppose there is an outside chance he makes it to 3 but I don't think thatís likely. Knicks aren't the only team interested in him. Minny for example, is rumored to be locked in on him. I would be very surprised if Ball fell to 4.
    It just depends on the order and I think thereís more than just an outside chance that heís there at 3.

Minnesota at 1 may choose Edwards. Minnesota at 2 may want Ball. So if the order were Minnesota, Cleveland, GS then he probably drops to 4. This may also apply to a team like Chicago. Even Detroit in that scenario would have a tough choice to make and could lean Edwards or even Wiseman who NBA teams seem to be high on. Heís the biggest wildcard and seems to be the opposite of Hayes in terms of how NBA teams view him vs. fans and more obscure draft ďexperts.Ē We constantly bring up Ball and Edwards while forgetting that heís in the mix to go number 1 as well.

There are a lot of different possibilities this year. The only thing I feel confident about is that Edwards, Wiseman, and Ball will go in the top 4, but I have no clue in what order.
    Last edited by smood999; 08-04-2020 at 11:14 AM.

It just depends on the order and I think thereís more than just an outside chance that heís there at 3.

Minnesota at 1 may choose Edwards. Minnesota at 2 may want Ball. So if the order were Minnesota, Cleveland, GS then he probably drops to 4. This may also apply to a team like Chicago. Even Detroit in that scenario would have a tough choice to make and could lean Edwards or even Wiseman who NBA teams seem to be high on. Heís the biggest wildcard and seems to be the opposite of Hayes in terms of how NBA teams view him vs. fans and more obscure draft ďexperts.Ē We constantly bring up Ball and Edwards while forgetting that heís in the mix to go number 1 as well.

There are a lot of different possibilities this year. The only thing I feel confident about is that Edwards, Wiseman, and Ball will go in the top 4, but I have no clue in what order.
    I heard Minny wants Ball. This makes sense to me since Russell isn't really a true PG anyway. Also, they might let Beasley go since he is set to earn the big bucks now.

I heard Minny wants Ball. This makes sense to me since Russell isn't really a true PG anyway. Also, they might let Beasley go since he is set to earn the big bucks now.
    Iíve read the same things, but none of them are in scenarios where they get the top overall pick. Every time I see him linked to them is at 3 (where they currently are) with Edwards already gone.

Things change with draft positioning.

Honestly donít see that happening. I mean DLo is a legit 20+/6+ guy easy. Iíd see them going Edwards and not paying Beasley way before drafting Ball and making DLo play SG. He would not be happy. And then that would make KAT not happy.