Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 413 of 664 FirstFirst ... 313363403411412413414415423463513 ... LastLast
Results 6,181 to 6,195 of 9954
    I'm still holding out hope for the lottery we need a top 4 pick

These scenarios just seem unrealistic.

So if we move up to 1-4, we would either (i) be in position to draft LaMelo outright or (ii) easily trade up for him.

If we land in the 6-8 range, itís a bit of a pipe dream to think that Deni will be available in those spots. Weíre either going to have to go PG like Hayes, Cole or Hali, or go for a different position like Vassell.

And moving up from 27 to get in range for Cole or Kira Lewis seems like a pipe dream too. Theyíre not going beyond like pick 17 in the best case scenario. What are we giving up to move up 10+ spots? All we have are the Dallas picks. Is that worth it? No, imo.

And if weíre giving up a Dallas pick to move up 10 spots, why wouldnít we just do it to move from 6-8 to grab Lamelo, and stay at 27 to grab a value guy instead of trying to draft for need with our second 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    These scenarios just seem unrealistic.

So if we move up to 1-4, we would either (i) be in position to draft LaMelo outright or (ii) easily trade up for him.

If we land in the 6-8 range, itís a bit of a pipe dream to think that Deni will be available in those spots. Weíre either going to have to go PG like Hayes, Cole or Hali, or go for a different position like Vassell.

And moving up from 27 to get in range for Cole or Kira Lewis seems like a pipe dream too. Theyíre not going beyond like pick 17 in the best case scenario. What are we giving up to move up 10+ spots? All we have are the Dallas picks. Is that worth it? No, imo.

And if weíre giving up a Dallas pick to move up 10 spots, why wouldnít we just do it to move from 6-8 to grab Lamelo, and stay at 27 to grab a value guy instead of trying to draft for need with our second 1st.
    Do you want to know whats really unrealistic? Thinking we can trade up from 6 to 1 and not giving up a kings ransom. Pipe dream city.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    Do you want to know whats really unrealistic? Thinking we can trade up from 6 to 1 and not giving up a kings ransom. Pipe dream city.
    Letís say we land at 6. What do you think itíll take to move to 1-3?

Exactly. NO ONE is going to give the Knicks a shot to move up a couple spots for nothing. It's going to cost them either all their cap space or 2-3 future first rounders.

Nothing personal. Just business.

End the thread..

No one moves up like that without paying heavily

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Hey man great call on the Porter being as bad as knox take. @boogie.
    He had one good game...lol. Knox was player of the month his rookie season and has a couple 30 point games... Such an emotional remark... I'm glad I'm on your mind...lol

Amare and Acy were longtime NBA players I think their take on Deni holds more merit than anyone in this forum. Amare is still better than anyone that has ever played with Melo Ball.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    End the thread..

No one moves up like that without paying heavily
    Read this article. Itís going to cost a lot, but not as much as you think it will. And it happens more than you think it does.

https://knicksfilmschool.substack.co...rzhLlauYrEhgZg

C.Webb for Penny and 3 first round picks was a horrible trade. If the Knicks do that for Ball and Deni ends up being ROY Knicks have Sh it on their face again. That's way too much. The 2 Dallas picks maybe but I'd rather use them to get Zach Lavine.

Read this article. Itís going to cost a lot, but not as much as you think it will. And it happens more than you think it does.

https://knicksfilmschool.substack.co...rzhLlauYrEhgZg
    So basically all those trades really arenít close to this situation. And for a team trading down, there isnít a guy as highly regarded as say Tatum, or even Trae

And it also depends on the draft. Also, you know that teams are going to attempt to hold us over a barrel, as we have been dumb, and desperate for years

Letís say we land at 6. What do you think itíll take to move to 1-3?
    Someone the other day posted this and next years first plus Knox and another player. That sounds about right.

So basically all those trades really arenít close to this situation. And for a team trading down, there isnít a guy as highly regarded as say Tatum, or even Trae

And it also depends on the draft. Also, you know that teams are going to attempt to hold us over a barrel, as we have been dumb, and desperate for years
    Yep how many times have we been absolutely slaughtered in trades. The Knicks wanting Ball is the worst kept secret. These other GMs would be licking their chops when Rose calls.

Someone the other day posted this and next years first plus Knox and another player. That sounds about right.
    I'm sure that gets it done. I'm not sure that's necessary.

Yep how many times have we been absolutely slaughtered in trades. The Knicks wanting Ball is the worst kept secret. These other GMs would be licking their chops when Rose calls.
    This is a terrible argument. Everybody wants Ball or Edwards. I bet the Hawks were licking their chops when Dallas called and wanted to trade up for Doncic too.

I'm sure that gets it done. I'm not sure that's necessary.

This is a terrible argument. Everybody wants Ball or Edwards. I bet the Hawks were licking their chops when Dallas called and wanted to trade up for Doncic too.
    Everybody? No, not really. And Iím sure Atlanta made the deal because they liked Trae all along. Trae would go #1 in this draft

Everybody? No, not really. And Iím sure Atlanta made the deal because they liked Trae all along. Trae would go #1 in this draft
    Doesnít this just prove my point?

If a team has Wiseman or Toppin or Deni or Okoro as their #1 guy, and they think they can get him at 6 or wherever we land, wouldnít they be more willing to trade with us?

And thatís going to be even easier in a draft like this where thereís no Zion or even Ja Morant at the top that is highly coveted.