Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 377 of 684 FirstFirst ... 277327367375376377378379387427477 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,655 of 10248

Everything I read and listen to just pushes me more and more to wanting them to trade up for LaMelo if they don't move up in the lottery.

He has his risks, but compared to the other guards....

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Go reread. I responded to dude that said heís going to average that as a rookie. That is what I said. I have heavy doubt heís a 20 ppg scorer in the NBA ever but who knows.
    Oh okay gotcha. Yeah heís probably not doing that, but that doesnít mean he wonít be efficient and productive as a rookie offensively.

Cole is still #2 to me behind Ball, he has question marks but I think like one of the coaches said, he's going to be one of those guys that is better in the NBA than he was in college. I really think Thibs could help him be a helluva player.

that being said, I think there's a pretty big gap between him & Ball.

I've never wavered from Cole. I would love him on the Knicks. He will be a good NBA player.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...y/id1465842552

This is a very interesting podcast from BR Jonathan Wasserman. It gives insight not only to his opinion but that of NBA scouts and execs. There are some surprises here.

The twitter/fanverse definitely does not match up with the NBA people.
    Finally listened and it's what I expected from looking at where the more mainstream sites have these players in mocks.

LaMelo - Almost all teams have him number one or at least in the top tier. The others question his shot and mentality. Wasserman doesn't think he's a lock to go first, but he doubts he falls out of the top 3.

Edwards - According to a scout, "He's gotta have the lowest basketball IQ of any potential top pick he's ever scouted." Wasserman agrees and doesn't think he's wired to be a successful number one option, but also questions how he'll adapt to being a number two. Thinks he still may go number 1 depending on the team.

Hayes - Real NBA guys are lower on him. They see nice backup/low-end starter due to lack of athleticism. Wasserman disagrees because he puts more emphasis on skill.

Haliburton - Everyone loves him due to his floor, character, fit and basketball IQ regardless of if they view him as a PG or SG. Wasserman wouldn't be surprised if he went top 5 although he has him ranked 13. He thinks a team will reach for him.

Cole - Scouts jumping off his bandwagon. Wasserman gives him a bit of a pass due to situation at UNC and likes him as a scorer. He suggests playing him at SG since he's willing to bet on his pull up game and ability to create his own shot. He predicts that he'll go 10-15, but views him as a value pick in that range.

Avdija - Teams view him as a really good player, but not necessarily a star. Wasserman thinks he can go as high as 2 and as low as 6.

Lewis - Wasserman doesn't see an NBA starter. He spoke to a scout who compared him to Ish Smith and he agrees.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Finally listened and it's what I expected from looking at where the more mainstream sites have these players in mocks.

LaMelo - Almost all teams have him number one or at least in the top tier. The others question his shot and mentality. Wasserman doesn't think he's a lock to go first, but he doubts he falls out of the top 3.

Edwards - According to a scout, "He's gotta have the lowest basketball IQ of any potential top pick he's ever scouted." Wasserman agrees and doesn't think he's wired to be a successful number one option, but also questions how he'll adapt to being a number two. Thinks he still may go number 1 depending on the team.

Hayes - Real NBA guys are lower on him. They see nice backup/low-end starter due to lack of athleticism. Wasserman disagrees because he puts more emphasis on skill.

Haliburton - Everyone loves him due to his floor, character, fit and basketball IQ regardless of if they view him as a PG or SG. Wasserman wouldn't be surprised if he went top 5 although he has him ranked 13. He thinks a team will reach for him.

Cole - Scouts jumping off his bandwagon. Wasserman gives him a bit of a pass due to situation at UNC and likes him as a scorer. He suggests playing him at SG since he's willing to bet on his pull up game and ability to create his own shot. He predicts that he'll go 10-15, but views him as a value pick in that range.

Avdija - Teams view him as a really good player, but not necessarily a star. Wasserman thinks he can go as high as 2 and as low as 6.

Lewis - Wasserman doesn't see an NBA starter. He spoke to a scout who compared him to Ish Smith and he agrees.
    Thanks for the recap. I couldn't get through all of the previous post. If the Knicks aren't trading up for LaMelo, and are picking around 6, I want Hali. We know this draftf isn't great so why not get solid guys who we know will bring leadership and skill at the guard position. If we get a better PG, Hali easily slides off ball and plays a little 2 and wont give up much on D.

I know he's not the one on one, shake and bake pg but he's a floor general that gets guys the ball where his teammates need it and if they kick it back, and he's open no matter how deep, it's money.

I think Cole will be a scorer but I think Hali will provide the leadership and poise we need.
    Last edited by Bivory; 07-22-2020 at 06:46 PM.

Edwards just doesn't excite me, I know he's a consensus top 3 but I would rather trade down then take him.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Cole is still #2 to me behind Ball, he has question marks but I think like one of the coaches said, he's going to be one of those guys that is better in the NBA than he was in college. I really think Thibs could help him be a helluva player.

that being said, I think there's a pretty big gap between him & Ball.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    I've never wavered from Cole. I would love him on the Knicks. He will be a good NBA player.
    Iím not out on Cole, but itís the same thing as it was with Reddish for me last year. At a point you have to pull the trigger and take the chance. I also wouldnít be opposed to rolling that dice earlier when deciding between him and a ďsaferĒ pick. Heís basically the Edwards of the mid-late lottery.

I will say though, Iím more open to guys like Okongwu and Toppin after Ball, Edwards, Deni and Hayes. Vassell and Okoro are interesting also, but Okoro is probably a poor fit next to RJ and Iím not sure Vassell is good enough to pass on the other PGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Thanks for the recap. I couldn't get through all of the previous post. If the Knicks aren't trading up for LaMelo, and are picking around 6, I want Hali. We know this draftf isn't great so why not get solid guys who we know will bring leadership and skill at the guard position. If we get a better PG, Hali easily slides off ball and plays a little 2 and wont give up much on D.

I know he's not the one on one, shake and bake pg but he's a floor general that gets guys the ball where his teammates need it and if they kick it back, and he's open no matter how deep, it's money.

I think Cole will be a scorer but I think Hali will provide the leadership and poise we need.
    I would still take Cole over Haliburton, but who knows this year.

I wouldnít be mad at Cole. But heís way down the list for me

Edwards would have performed much better playing SG and not worrying about playmaking. His physical tools are elite and his tough shot-making skills project well to the NBA. He just needs to gain more experience and his feel for the game should improve. It doesnít come naturally for everyone, but that doesnít mean an 18 year old canít get better at it.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I would still take Cole over Haliburton, but who knows this year.
    Same here.

I still have Cole behind Ball.

Every other PG prospect has equal or greater questions about them.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I would still say the G-BBL is a solid league.

Saying itís a weak league is just plain false IMO.

Also the article was from 3 years ago and said that the league was trending upward. It might be even better now.

Not to mention that Hayes played games in the Euro Cup where he performed very well in all aspects.
    I don't mind Hayes if LaMelo, Deni and Edwards are all gone.

I still like Cole but I've warmed up to Hayes as he could potentially be the better PG out of the 2.

Still think Deni is the 2nd or 3rd best prospect in this draft. Deni has a Super high ceiling.
    Would rather have Deni over Hayes if LaMelo is gone.