Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 368 of 683 FirstFirst ... 268318358366367368369370378418468 ... LastLast
Results 5,506 to 5,520 of 10244
    I really think, the Knicks are weighing in on two point guards: LaMelo Ball and Haliburton. I think, they're hoping to get a guy who passes first and makes their other young pieces better.

Cole Anthony has a superstar potential but he doesn't make everyone around him better. Therefore you NEED a really good supporting cast to help him.

Of the two, I think LaMelo Ball has the higher ceiling and I DO think Leon Rose is going to offer Minnesota an offer they cannot refuse to get LaMelo Ball. The Wolves invested heavily in D'Angelo Russell so they won't need a point guard. Wolves will undoubtably have a better pick than the Knicks who played themselves out of a top 3 pick by playing vets and getting penny wins.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Way to make things up. Magic Johnson quit because of LaVar?

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/m...b-pelinka/amp/

Also...

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/b...e-returns/amp/

If you remember, LeBron James also played PG early in his career so your comparison isnít far off but stating that the Sixers didnít draft him with those intentions are false. LeBron has also been the Lakers starting PG this season.
    If you kept up with the Lakers while Magic was there you would know that when Lonzo Ball pretty much flopped in his rookie and sophomore seasons Lavar Ball was very critical in the media and even said they didn't know how to use him. The media loves foolishness and Lavar Ball would be front page in New York City Everytime LaMelo isn't getting his way. Thibs is not playing that and it would create a big mess a la Steph Marbury and Larry Brown... Knicks don't need that kind of ******** period.

Ben Simmons will be more effective with Philly at PF... Keep watching

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    I don't doubt that and I like LaMelo... Again Lavar was so bad in the media he basically made Magic Johnson quit... Knicks don't need more circus bullcrap like that. If we draft him I wouldn't be mad but I think Deni is a mix of Simmons and Luka... Anybody saying Ben Simmons was drafted as a point guard doesn't know what their talking about. He was supposed to be the next LeBron James which he does actually play like except he can't shoot and LeBron became a good shooter.
    I hear you about the drama.

Thing is LaMelo is just too talented right where the Knicks are literally the weakest, his Play Making ability.

No one else in this draft is any where near LaMelo in playmaking ability.
    He is an elite playmaker. None of Hayes, Deni, Cole, Lewis or Hali are even close to LM in play making ability. LM makes cross court perfect passes look easy and that's just the beginning.
    He also knows when to get his without disturbing the flow of a game.
    Only Home Run for the Knicks in this draft is getting LM.

The Knicks missed out on Doncic and Trey.
    If LaMelo is there to be taken or a reasonable trade up can be made the Knicks must do it.

If they end up with too low a pick to make a reasonable trade for LM I would love Deni as the pick. Then they could use that 2nd pick on a point guard. Hopefully Lewis is there if that happens. I guess a triple and a single is still a score.

Hopefully LM is wearing a Knicks jersey soon.
    Last edited by SK6; 07-20-2020 at 09:22 AM.

What would Knicks have to give up to drop 3 picks in a trade for LaMelo assuming Edwards went 1 and Wiseman 2, and Knicks have the 6th pick?

"Leaks" from the front office not being sold on Knox, I'm guessing that a swap of picks along with Knox and the Clips pick would definitely be in the trade.

Realistically, what would it take to move up about 3 spots and get this deal done? I have no idea

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    If you kept up with the Lakers while Magic was there you would know that when Lonzo Ball pretty much flopped in his rookie and sophomore seasons Lavar Ball was very critical in the media and even said they didn't know how to use him. The media loves foolishness and Lavar Ball would be front page in New York City Everytime LaMelo isn't getting his way. Thibs is not playing that and it would create a big mess a la Steph Marbury and Larry Brown... Knicks don't need that kind of ******** period.

Ben Simmons will be more effective with Philly at PF... Keep watching
    LaVar Ball didnít say a word after Lonzoís rookie year until the Pelicans trade. The example you provided happened during Lonzoís rookie year. Itís in your head. Never happened...

We went through this months ago already and itís been proven.

Simmons may be more effective but your post was still incorrect.
    Last edited by smood999; 07-19-2020 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    What would Knicks have to give up to drop 3 picks in a trade for LaMelo assuming Edwards went 1 and Wiseman 2, and Knicks have the 6th pick?

"Leaks" from the front office not being sold on Knox, I'm guessing that a swap of picks along with Knox and the Clips pick would definitely be in the trade.

Realistically, what would it take to move up about 3 spots and get this deal done? I have no idea
    Two additional firsts, a first and a good young player, or a first and an early second rounder seems like the most realistic ways based on the history of draft trades that high in the lottery.

I think another option may be one additional first and taking on a bad contract. The Knicks 2021 pick may be good enough to get it done on its own depending on the protections. I would assume that trading their 2021 pick would be the last thing they would want to do though.
    Last edited by smood999; 07-19-2020 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Two additional firsts, a first and a good young player, or a first and an early second rounder seems like the most realistic ways based on the history of draft trades that high in the lottery.

I think another option may be one additional first and taking on a bad contract. The Knicks 2021 pick may be good enough to get it done on its own depending on the protections. I would assume that trading their 2021 pick would be the last thing they would want to do though.
    Knox is a lotto pick in this draft, combined with the swap and the clips pick....does that get it done?

Knox is a lotto pick in this draft, combined with the swap and the clips pick....does that get it done?
    not after the league has seen him for 2 years. he's probably worth a late 1st right now.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    not after the league has seen him for 2 years. he's probably worth a late 1st right now.
    If you put Knox in this draft, he's easily a lotto pick.

If you put Knox in this draft, he's easily a lotto pick.
    I think Knox and a first (Dal first?) could get it done.

One thing to remember is the statistically LEAST likely scenario is staying at 6. I think itís like 35-40% chance we move up to 1-4, then like a 50-55% chance we drop to 6-10. I donít know the exact numbers. But staying at 6 is like a 10% chance basically or something like that. So if weíre trading up chances are weíre trading from like 7th or 8th, not 6th.

Just off of that, if we did deal the #7 pick, Dal pick & Knox for #2 to get Ball...

Could then deal the 38th pick plus other Dal pick (protected if possible) for like the 17th pick or near there for Poku.

Trade Randle/DSJ/27th pick for Buddy Hield.

Sign Gallo, bring back Bullock & Taj...

Ball-Hield-RJ-Gallo-Mitch
    Frank-Dot-Bullock-Iggy-Poku
    Harper-Sanon-Pinson-Wooten-Taj

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Just off of that, if we did deal the #7 pick, Dal pick & Knox for #2 to get Ball...

Could then deal the 38th pick plus other Dal pick (protected if possible) for like the 17th pick or near there for Poku.

And weíve traded a zillion picks and signed an aging Gallo to a substantial contract to become a first round exit playoff team? Enough with the quick fixes, let the pieces fall where they fall and commit to the rebuild. Enough with paying aging FAís a lot of $ to come here when we should be committing playing time to guys like Knox to see if they actually have a future here. That being said, Iím all for a Hield trade if it means getting rid of Randle, a piece and one of the DAL picks.

Quote Originally Posted by AI View Post
    And weíve traded a zillion picks and signed an aging Gallo to a substantial contract to become a first round exit playoff team? Enough with the quick fixes, let the pieces fall where they fall and commit to the rebuild. Enough with paying aging FAís a lot of $ to come here when we should be committing playing time to guys like Knox to see if they actually have a future here. That being said, Iím all for a Hield trade if it means getting rid of Randle, a piece and one of the DAL picks.
    Thatís not a zillion picks. Itís basically dealing four picks to move up for LaMelo, dump Randle and pick up Hield, and the other picks also move us up for another pick which in my scenario is Poku, but you can imagine anyone you like there in the mid-late teens. Poku just is one of the highest upside prospects in this entire draft so I like him.

This isnít that crazy of a plan. And Gallo actually brings something we desperately need in leadership and fire, while stretching the floor with over 40% three point shooting on 8 attempts a game. Adding him and Hield to LaMelo/RJ/Mitch may very well put us over .500 and back in the playoffs.

In 2-3 years when Galloís contract is about to be up the hope is Poku steps into that stretch 4 role as a legit star player. Draft picks are always a gamble but Ball & Poku in this draft is an absolute A++ draft.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post

100% down for all that. Tbh just getting ball and poku for that and Iím a happy camper
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

I still prefer to keep Knox but Iím all for going up and getting Lamelo
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331