Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 354 of 683 FirstFirst ... 254304344352353354355356364404454 ... LastLast
Results 5,296 to 5,310 of 10244
    Obi does play a lot like Amar'e but so did guys like Stromile Swift, Chris Wilcox and Jordan Hill. These super athletic bigs are difficult to project. I'd take a chance on him if we fell down to 8 and the PGs were gone. His athleticism and shooting alone should keep him in the league as a starter.

I wonder if Obi Toppin is going to be the next NYer the Knicks skipped out on but wished they drafted.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Frankís a great defender, Hayes has him beat on offense literally in every single aspect by a mile when Frank was coming into the draft. Itís no comparison.
    He has a lot of frank with the passing its actually a good thing a couple times he got all the way to the basket and looked for the open man

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    From that video, Hayes blows past the defender at 3:24 (heís not confident laying up with his right hence why there wasnít separation on the actual attempt), 4:15, and 5:33.

But why is it so important that he needs to blow by every defender? I donít exactly see LaMelo doing that. Hayes plays very controlled.
    lol I said rarely and its pretty significant being that he's playing vs inferior competition what do you think is gonna happen when he goes up as against actual athletes

Lamelo is by far the superior athlete im not sure why you brought him up

obi is not falling to 8 so idk why you guys are crying lol

That would be a homerun if we fell to 8 and still drafted obi idk about nico tho lol

2020 Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    lol I said rarely and its pretty significant being that he's playing vs inferior competition what do you think is gonna happen when he goes up as against actual athletes

Lamelo is by far the superior athlete im not sure why you brought him up
    This is the same argument used against RJ coming into the draft. He didnít really blow by people at Duke. He used his strength and footwork to get where he needed to go. Hayes does at the same thing, but at PG. Not to mention that Hayes has a strong floater and step-back jumper in case he canít get all the way to the rim.

Also itís such a heavy P&R league that you donít really need the best burst to be a PG anyway. Brogdon for example plays PG and heís slower/less athletic than Hayes for sure. LaMelo has a bit more height and is more fluid, but heís not some great athlete. My point was that he doesnít get this crazy separation either.

The only PG in this class that can consistently get separation driving to the paint is Lewis honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post
    Michael Jordan was technically the Point Guard playmaker on his team even if they ran the triangle sets.
    Every play ran thru MJ and he was the primary decision maker.

The Pistons won with Isiah.
    Celtics won with Rondo running the Offense.
    Magic won using a Point Forward same thing with LeBron though he had a proven winner and 4th qtr closer in D-Wade help him and later Kyrie was his closer.
    Curry with GS.
    Mavs with Kidd.
    Spurs won with Tony Parker.

What's important is you have an elite playmaker that is also a threat to score.
    Doesn't matter if they're playing the 1,2 or 3. Hell Denver runs plays from the Center position.

An elite playmaker is what every team needs and that playmaker must also be a threat to score.

Your team is not going to win without one.
    Yes. Thatís exactly what Iím saying. People are all about ďscoring PGsĒ. You donít need it. Need a good all-around type. In fact, itís usually non PGs running the offense that have the most success. Or multiple players who can all handle the role

Ball dominant, scoring types donít win. Kyrie only wins because he wasnít really running anything. Guys like Lillard donít win. Guys like Westbrook donít win. Curry plays off ball as much as on ball, they ran offense quite a bit through Dray, or KD.

Even the examples you mentioned support it even more. Kidd wasnít a scorer. Rondo wasnít a scorer. Tony Parker wasnít a huge scorer. Magic wasnt either.
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 07-15-2020 at 10:52 AM.

This is the same argument used against RJ coming into the draft. He didnít really blow by people at Duke. He used his strength and footwork to get where he needed to go. Hayes does at the same thing, but at PG. Not to mention that Hayes has a strong floater and step-back jumper in case he canít get all the way to the rim.

Also itís such a heavy P&R league that you donít really need the best burst to be a PG anyway. Brogdon for example plays PG and heís slower/less athletic than Hayes for sure. LaMelo has a bit more height and is more fluid, but heís not some great athlete. My point was that he doesnít get this crazy separation either.

The only PG in this class that can consistently get separation driving to the paint is Lewis honestly.
    RJ Hampton has burst as well

A LOT of burst. His quickness is ridic. Talk about a guy who could be super dangerous if he learned how to shoot.
    Last edited by Bivory; 07-15-2020 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    A LOT of burst. His quickness is ridic. Talk about a guy who'll could be super dangerous if he learned how to shoot.
    Yeah I feel like heís flying under the radar here. Also his shot is not broken at all, form is good. He may just need reps/development there but he plays with a lot of confidence. I like him and wouldnít be surprised if he ends up better than a lot of the PGs weíve been discussing in here.

Michael Jordan is a transcendental player. Basketball only has 5 positions. If you have arguably the greatest basketball player in the history of the game, all bets are off.

In this draft, I don't see a transcendental player. I see good talent but no one who is a game changer.

Here's the thing...

The Knicks never had that transcendental player. Their championship team was a lunch pail mentality and the sacrifice of Earl Monroe, Black Jesus to give up his personal stats so the rest of the team could thrive.

This franchise needs to scrap the past where Patrick and Melo were one-name teams. Didn't work.

Get someone who feeds everyone. Get a REAL point guard..and BTW the Knicks aren't going to be much better in the next season. So fill ONE need. Then next off-season draft the other part of the nucleus.

THEN and only then when this team looks like a contender do you ADD that superstar for $500M. And yes, these chumps will ask for that.

Yeah I feel like heís flying under the radar here. Also his shot is not broken at all, form is good. He may just need reps/development there but he plays with a lot of confidence. I like him and wouldnít be surprised if he ends up better than a lot of the PGs weíve been discussing in here.
    I dont think he's a pg though. Kind of a tweener i think but he's the quickest guy in this draft imo.

Lol my God no show me 1 scouting report saying rj had no burst coming out completely ridiculous

2020 Draft Thread

Thatís true.

I just donít want 2 RJís that canít shoot lol

2020 Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Lol my God no show me 1 scouting report saying rj had no burst coming out completely ridiculous
    Find me one scouting report that says Hayes has no burst. Also I never said RJ has no burst. Itís just not his strength, same with Hayes.