Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 75 of 82 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1219
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Yeah I donít know how anyone could look at this roster and think we only have a hole at PG. Honestly every position is a hole. So might as well grab the most impact where you can. Drafting for need is not an ideal way to approach the draft. Iíd be totally fine with that scenario, but I would look to FA for a PG.
    Looking to FA for a PG is a very interesting strategy. Mostly because a PG needs to be a leader, have great vision and display maturity, which is why they're called "floor generals." It's very hard to "draft" those qualities, as they're usually gained w/experience. IMHO nearly impossible!
    Last edited by oballers; 02-13-2020 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oballers View Post
    Looking to FA for a PG is a very interesting strategy. Mostly because a PG needs to be a leader, have great vision and display maturity, which is why they're called "floor generals." It's very hard to "draft" those qualities, as they're usually gained w/experience. IMHO nearly impossible!
    So yes you can get a PG in free agency but then draft either a SG, PF or a C on Draft Day depending on what you guys need

Yeah I donít know how anyone could look at this roster and think we only have a hole at PG. Honestly every position is a hole. So might as well grab the most impact where you can. Drafting for need is not an ideal way to approach the draft. Iíd be totally fine with that scenario, but I would look to FA for a PG.
    While I don't like strictly drafting for need we have needed a PG for decades and some of the top players are PGs AND even where there are better players at other positions it is close enough that using position as a tie breaker is valid.

Topping is good but I don't think he is fat and away better than like 3 or so of the PGs.

2020 Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post
    While I don't like strictly drafting for need we have needed a PG for decades and some of the top players are PGs AND even where there are better players at other positions it is close enough that using position as a tie breaker is valid.

Topping is good but I don't think he is fat and away better than like 3 or so of the PGs.
    It seems like the Top 4 PGs are:

1) LaMelo
    2) Nico
    3) Cole
    4) Tyrese

None of those guys seem like impact players to me. LaMelo might be better than Lonzo, or he could be an epic bust. Cole doesnít appear to be an NBA ready PG. Nico is probably the most well-rounded, but whatís his upside? I probably like Tyrese best out of those guys just because of his sheer efficiency. But he doesnít get to the line whatsoever so he might not be physical enough for the NBA. Are we just picking the best available PG to lead our team? Iíd almost rather just stick with Payton or grab a FA.

It seems like the Top 4 PGs are:

1) LaMelo
    2) Nico
    3) Cole
    4) Tyrese

None of those guys seem like impact players to me. LaMelo might be better than Lonzo, or he could be an epic bust. Cole doesnít appear to be an NBA ready PG. Nico is probably the most well-rounded, but whatís his upside? I probably like Tyrese best out of those guys just because of his sheer efficiency. But he doesnít get to the line whatsoever so he might not be physical enough for the NBA. Are we just picking the best available PG to lead our team? Iíd almost rather just stick with Payton or grab a FA.
    I think that everyone is looking fior the next Trey Young or J Morant, but they are just not there.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    this seems like one of those crapshoot drafts where the best player will end be taking at #11 or something. you could talk me into about 7 or 8 guys right now.
    Completely agree. Itís really hard to seperate tiers of talent in the top half of the first round

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    I think that everyone is looking fior the next Trey Young or J Morant, but they are just not there.
    I agree.

I agree.
    Replying to this one because it is shorter.

I would take the melo don (Maledon) and Killian Hayes ahead of Nico. And then slide Nico to the bottom of that list.

But my point is you evaluate them and take which ever you feel will become the best because outside of Wiseman and Toppin I feel like no one is really outshining those guys. And we would be better off with one of them hitting then some other players.

You can keep Payton as the back up.

well what is interesting is the draft always comes prior to the FA binge.....

So I am still on the go for VanV, he's a UFa, and does everything and has the poise to run a good show and be a leader of the offense. He shoots three's well for a PG which only helps even more, he penetrates and he dishes.

If he is available to come here which I can't see Toronto letting him go for around 20m then you have to go for it.

I keep reading about wanting a SG, and I'm in full agreement you pick the best available player, heck with need, because we stink, have no all stars, even close to it, and getting the best you work around that first.

It would be just our luck to go get a PG and the best player is not and winds up an all star.

I'm also not an advocate of RJ at SF....I'd like him more to be a Wade and stay at the SG spot. We need a sniper, now that is not to say you get a sniper at the two you don't move him to SF.

What stinks is we have been preparing since 2016 and using the draft, we just have not used it well or if you want to say had no luck.

Bottom line is Frank was not the right pick and either was Knox. RJ was the clear cut choice at 3 but he's got a lot of developing to do to reach his potential.

My hope is we hit the lotto, and we find that team all in on Wiseman and trade down for the PG our scouts say is the guy or player if Wiseman they feel isn't moving the dial much more than Mitch.

That would be the quickest way to start moving the dial around here.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    well what is interesting is the draft always comes prior to the FA binge.....

So I am still on the go for VanV, he's a UFa, and does everything and has the poise to run a good show and be a leader of the offense. He shoots three's well for a PG which only helps even more, he penetrates and he dishes.

If he is available to come here which I can't see Toronto letting him go for around 20m then you have to go for it.

I keep reading about wanting a SG, and I'm in full agreement you pick the best available player, heck with need, because we stink, have no all stars, even close to it, and getting the best you work around that first.

It would be just our luck to go get a PG and the best player is not and winds up an all star.

I'm also not an advocate of RJ at SF....I'd like him more to be a Wade and stay at the SG spot. We need a sniper, now that is not to say you get a sniper at the two you don't move him to SF.

What stinks is we have been preparing since 2016 and using the draft, we just have not used it well or if you want to say had no luck.

Bottom line is Frank was not the right pick and either was Knox. RJ was the clear cut choice at 3 but he's got a lot of developing to do to reach his potential.

My hope is we hit the lotto, and we find that team all in on Wiseman and trade down for the PG our scouts say is the guy or player if Wiseman they feel isn't moving the dial much more than Mitch.

That would be the quickest way to start moving the dial around here.
    It's funny that you mention the best player may not be a PG. I have been seeing the past few days Obi Toppin skyrocketing up the draft boards. He is a PF, and would that be a dilemma if he is there for the Knicks pick. I want a PG as much as anyone but what about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    It's funny that you mention the best player may not be a PG. I have been seeing the past few days Obi Toppin skyrocketing up the draft boards. He is a PF, and would that be a dilemma if he is there for the Knicks pick. I want a PG as much as anyone but what about that?
    kind of like taking Fultz, actually trading up for him, and leaving Tatum sitting there?

kind of like taking Fultz, actually trading up for him, and leaving Tatum sitting there?
    Yes like that, although the book may not be finished on Fultz yet. He still may become a good player.

This is also why I have been saying the Knicks should make it a priority to trade for a second lotto pick in the 7 -10 range. One of these PGs we have been talking about will fall to that range. Knicks could take a player like Wiseman/Obi/Jaden with the first pick and then a PG who falls like a Nico/Hali/Hayes with the second pick. Knicks need to get creative here...

Or like taking Frank who couldn't work out because of playing overseas and was hurt, or Dsjr with no proof of medical history supposedly, when Mitchell is lighting up your gym in pre draft workouts..lol

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    Yes like that, although the book may not be finished on Fultz yet. He still may become a good player.
    that is a ? and Tatum is a Olympic player and already elite.....Fultz already gone, Tatum a fixture for probably his career.

I used to just shake my head reading posts and beat writers about the process, it really wasn't all about the Process if you truly follow it and like many teams Philly made goofs in their picks and also got lucky with Embid dropping to #3.

Think about Drafting Embid, and then choosing Okafor over KP? They just didn't do their due diligence over seas like the Knicks did. although we would have taken Okafor as well.

Imagine then having Simmons and picking Fultz leaving Tatum on table? Philly is not a great team and even paid a Max FA this past year to go with their two #1 and #3 picks.

If this was the Knicks their would be endless posts about a lineup of Embid, KP, Tatum, kind of scary front court now isn't that?

Page 75 of 82 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 ... LastLast