Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 347 of 430 FirstFirst ... 247297337345346347348349357397 ... LastLast
Results 5,191 to 5,205 of 6443
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    It's always a problem until you actually have one. We thought the PG spot was settled the last 3 yrs in a row to no avail. This time, Im praying we dont strike out. Cole can get buckets today and so can Hali with his shooting. LaMelo can cover for his shooting with creating shots for others. Hayes won't develop for another 4 to 5 yrs so if that's the prevailing choice at 6, i hope this fan base has some serious patience.
    Who thought we settled the PG spot last 3 years? Was more like “hoped and prayed” we might settle it

And there’s zero reason to think Hayes is going to take any longer than the others to develop. He’s got a pro body, pro handle, good offensive game minus the 3. And maybe best passer besides LaMelo

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    So Cole/Hali are ready to go day 1 but Hayes needs 4-5 years?
    Cole and Hali can contribute more today than Hayes. Hayes MIGHT have more upside but right now, he's behind those guys in regards to dev and maybe that's because he's a yr younger but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Who thought we settled the PG spot last 3 years? Was more like “hoped and prayed” we might settle it

And there’s zero reason to think Hayes is going to take any longer than the others to develop. He’s got a pro body, pro handle, good offensive game minus the 3. And maybe best passer besides LaMelo
    You and many others did. Uh, you don't remember all that craziness you and so many others were talking about how "you thought DSj was gonna make a leap" last yr, and how Frank was drafted to be our PG but couldn't hang. Knicks thought Payton, DSj or Frank would step up but none of them did.

Btw, Haliburton is a better passer than Hayes imo. Hali can use his off hand whereas Hayes is stuck when going right

So Cole/Hali are ready to go day 1 but Hayes needs 4-5 years?
    I mean yeah they both actually played vs legit talent and bring a much needed skill set in shooting from day 1

What exactly does hayes bring to the table day 1 im curios

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    I mean yeah they both actually played vs legit talent and bring a much needed skill set in shooting from day 1

What exactly does hayes bring to the table day 1 im curios
    I think Hayes is already a better playmaker than both and as I’ve said before I think his offensive/scoring game is being underrated here.

As I’ve posted, I would not be surprised if he’s scoring the same PPG as Cole next season on better efficiency.

I think Hayes is already a better playmaker than both and as I’ve said before I think his offensive/scoring game is being underrated here.

As I’ve posted, I would not be surprised if he’s scoring the same PPG as Cole next season on better efficiency.
    But how when he can't even blow by his man in Europe lol

Playmaking is amazing but you need players to pass to unless hayes shot comes around it's gonna take him 3 to 4 years to develop

You guys hate projects lol picking hayes is just setting ourselves up for failure atleast at first

another concern with hayes is he built for NY

Hayes has been pretty sheltered in Europe idk if he can handle the media or fans

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    But how when he can't even blow by his man in Europe lol

Playmaking is amazing but you need players to pass to unless hayes shot comes around it's gonna take him 3 to 4 years to develop

You guys hate projects lol picking hayes is just setting ourselves up for failure atleast at first
    You’re making a lot of assumptions. Hali isn’t blowing by anyone either, Cole we’ll see but I have plenty of doubts about him. Won’t be surprised if he ends up a backup PG in the league although if he reaches his ceiling he could be a starter. But he wasn’t exactly what I’d call consistent or particularly impressive to me this year at NC. Think he’s being overrated here for some reason but time will tell.

We’ll see who the better rookie is. This idea that Hayes needs 4 years and Cole/Hali are plug and play is unfounded to me. You can repeat it as much as you like it doesn’t make it remotely true.

You’re making a lot of assumptions. Hali isn’t blowing by anyone either, Cole we’ll see but I have plenty of doubts about him. Won’t be surprised if he ends up a backup PG in the league although if he reaches his ceiling he could be a starter. But he wasn’t exactly what I’d call consistent or particularly impressive to me this year at NC. Think he’s being overrated here for some reason but time will tell.

We’ll see who the better rookie is. This idea that Hayes needs 4 years and Cole/Hali are plug and play is unfounded to me. You can repeat it as much as you like it doesn’t make it remotely true.
    It means that there isn't much that Hayes can do that Cole and Hali can't right now. But both shoot a lot better than Hayes.

If Haliburton style of play was more aesthetically pleasing, he would be hyped as the best player in this draft. His numbers speak for themself, but his style isn't box office. I can't remember a draft that has as many inefficient lottery slotted players.

It means that there isn't much that Hayes can do that Cole and Hali can't right now. But both shoot a lot better than Hayes.
    I just don’t agree with this and many scouts also don’t agree.

You guys are underestimating his passing/playmaking/vision and his floater/step-back/side step game, I think Hayes’ footwork is substantially better than both these guys and once he’s in the league he’ll be the more skilled/effective player than both.

And I like Hali, I was one of the first if not the first one to bring him up here months ago. I also get the appeal of Cole simply based off his pull up three game. But I just think Hayes is the better prospect personally. We can agree to disagree.

2020 Draft Thread

Hayes is a way better finisher and playmaker than Cole and Tyrese is a allergic to the paint. He can’t create off the dribble for himself.

Tyrese’s unorthodox shot is a question mark until it translates to the NBA. It’s more of a set/C&S jumper than a pull-up jumper. That kind of shot doesn’t project very well as a primary ball-handler.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 07-13-2020 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Hayes is a way better finisher and playmaker than Cole and Tyrese is a allergic to the paint. He can’t create off the dribble for himself.

Tyrese’s unorthodox shot is a question mark until it translates to the NBA. It’s more of a set/C&S jumper than a pull-up jumper. That kind of shot doesn’t project very well as a primary ball-handler.

Play maker??? What the hell is todays playmaker? A guy who comes off a pick and roll and knows which guy to pass it to?? That's what Hayes and Hali are except Hali can shoot. Hayes is not beating anyone off the dribble and creating a shot like I THOUGHT a playmaker did. He's just passing to the open guy after a pick. I guess that has value but im just not seeing "it" from Hayes.

Btw, that push shot/set-shot sure hasn't hurt Curry very much. And just FYI...Hayes takes 2 Free Throws a game. That means he goes to the line once a game. You guys call that aggressive? I think Hayes needs more time. I would take Hali and Cole over him today.
    Last edited by Bivory; 07-13-2020 at 05:05 PM.

[/B]

Play maker??? What the hell is todays playmaker? A guy who comes off a pick and roll and knows which guy to pass it to?? That's what Hayes and Hali are except Hali can shoot. Hayes is not beating anyone off the dribble and creating a shot like I THOUGHT a playmaker did. He's just passing to the open guy after a pick. I guess that has value but im just not seeing "it" from Hayes.

Btw, that push shot/set-shot sure hasn't hurt Curry very much. And just FYI...Hayes takes 2 Free Throws a game. That means he goes to the line once a game. You guys call that aggressive? I think Hayes needs more time. I would take Hali and Cole over him today.
    Hayes creates his own shots by creating separation that’s what you’re missing, and he does that at a way higher lever than Cole or Hali.

A scout asked Hali was he going to "fix his shot when he got to the NBA"

Response: You don't try and fix what's working...lol If you haven't heard this kid speak, you might want to before choosing any PG over him not named LaMelo. The kid just gets it.