Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    But with the Knicks as far as the 2020 draft who out of the crop will turn into a generational talent? The only stars who probably will be generational talents will be: Wiseman, Edwards, LaMelo

Everyone else doesn't scream generational talent to me. Yeah sure their college numbers say otherwise but are they really NBA ready as far as some of these other players.

Cole Anthony doesn't scream generational talent. Nico and Theo definitely not. RJ Hampton...remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    I honestly dont think trae gets any better.

Im not even saying that as a knock on him, but really, what else can he really get any better at?

I think once Collins is back the team will look a lot different.
    he's at 39% from 3 this year, I think in his prime he'll be more around 42%.

but in a way you're right, he's so good so fast that's there isn't much higher for him to go. he's going to fill out some more though, lose some more hair, and probably cut back his TO's. I think once ATL gets better players he'll be even more efficient also which is scary considering how efficient he already is.

I'm a huge Trae fan, i remember there were mocks and talks of him possibly dropping to us, but of course nothing even goes our way. He's no Doncic tho, Doncic is going to go down as one of the all time greats. that draft in general will go down as one of the all time bests.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    he's at 39% from 3 this year, I think in his prime he'll be more around 42%.

but in a way you're right, he's so good so fast that's there isn't much higher for him to go. he's going to fill out some more though, lose some more hair, and probably cut back his TO's. I think once ATL gets better players he'll be even more efficient also which is scary considering how efficient he already is.

I'm a huge Trae fan, i remember there were mocks and talks of him possibly dropping to us, but of course nothing even goes our way. He's no Doncic tho, Doncic is going to go down as one of the all time greats. that draft in general will go down as one of the all time bests.
    Yeah i guess efficiency as his team gets better is about it.

But you could say that for pretty much anyone. If he wasnt built like a chipmonk with those short little arms, he would probably be steph already.

I think we put the "hes still developing" title on to many young players. These kids today have played an insane amount of basketball, a lot of them arent going to develop much once in the nba, because they have already learned everything they needed to.

Im actually getting worried about RJs ceiling. I really like RJ, but a guy who works as hard as he does, and been doing it since a kid, may be much closer to his ceiling than we think.
    Last edited by TakeAnotherL; 12-02-2019 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    talk about a refersal lol, I argued this with you about a month ago lol, Now it's reverse, if Doncic is that good what is wrong with Atlanta will regret this trade for a long time?

I know other players who put up great numbers didn't make them winners? We had them on our roster as well, how did that work out.

How many wins does Atlanta have? How many wins does Dallas have?

Now back to Trae, how about looking at usage? Is Trae playing with a Monte Ellis, David Lee, Wright, and more vets on the teams he played early on, he also was hurt in year 3.

So now a guy that gets the ball all the time shoots 20.4 times, shooting 34% from three, is light years ahead of a guy that shot 11-14 times early on, and always shot 44 or 45% from three?

No Trae is not Curry, and I'm not talking about 2nd year player vs 2nd year player, I'm talking about his future, where Doncic's future appears a lot brighter and he is a winner, you have KP struggling, Timmy only with a couple good games, typical, and no other players to really say wow, it's been the Doncic show in the West, and the team is extremely successful, how is the Trae show doing in the really not so good East?

4-16, yes he is very talented, but that don't crown him Curry good.
    Which makes Trae even more impressive. No Monta Ellis to help take the load off of him but Trae is already pretty much an unstoppable force even with teams focusing their defense on him. Curry didn't have to shoulder the load the way Trae does right now early on in his career. No comparison imo. Trae looks like he'll at minimum be as good as Steph with an even higher ceiling.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Every team that didn't take Doncic will regret it, they overthought it. And like Smood said, you have to think forward and modern, and a wing that has the ball in his hands almost all game and plays 35mpg will affect yoru team much more than a C who plays 30mpg.'

a big man pretty much how to be ELITE on BOTH ends to be a franchise guy with a few rare exceptions, but PG & Wings can play one side of the ball like Doncic & Trae and still be much more valuable.

Trae is WAYYYYYY ahead of where Curry was at the same age. Trae in his lone college season put up Curry type numbers from Curry's 3rd college season. Curry didn't really breka out in the NBA til his 4th season. Trae is already putting up 30/7/4 efficiently. and that being said, he's not the impact guy Doncic is, that's how good Doncis is... he could be the best player in the NBA next year, that's why I was never sold on the DAL picks.
    If you remember that season me and a few other Dark siders were upset because the Knicks were playing Jarett Jack instead of tanking the season for Doncic. Knicks wouldn't have played J.Jack that season they would have easily had a chance at Doncic. Instead the worst team in the NBA the Knicks end up drafting 9th.
    I believe if the Knicks get Doncic we also would've kept KP here. Its just been bad management decision after decision.

Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post
    If you remember that season me and a few other Dark siders were upset because the Knicks were playing Jarett Jack instead of tanking the season for Doncic. Knicks wouldn't have played J.Jack that season they would have easily had a chance at Doncic. Instead the worst team in the NBA the Knicks end up drafting 9th.
    I believe if the Knicks get Doncic we also would've kept KP here. Its just been bad management decision after decision.
    Good points, whats funny is that mamagement, was like, ok guys, we have to make KP happy and and show him we can build a good team and look toward the future, what should we do?

And their answer was jarret jack and tim hardaway haha.

Good points, whats funny is that mamagement, was like, ok guys, we have to make KP happy and and show him we can build a good team and look toward the future, what should we do?

And their answer was jarret jack and tim hardaway haha.
    You show KP video of Doncic playing in Europe and tell him the plan is to try and team him up with Doncic but the back up plan would be Trae. Although I admit Trae's smaller frame scared the hell out of me.

Take Wiseman if there and trade Robinson and Knox for another pick in the 1st ed next year.

Quote Originally Posted by trueknickfan View Post
    Take Wiseman if there and trade Robinson and Knox for another pick in the 1st ed next year.
    Plus Wiseman would be such a great fit in New York

People passed on donnie because hes built like a high school kid who found a magic genie, and wished to be a nba player.

Hes gotta be the least athletic player in the NBA. Its really not hard to see why anyone passed on him. Its not exactly normal to be that unathletic, and be that good of a scorer in the nba, but its becoming more and more normal as time goes by.

Thats why i said that skill in a lot of ways has surpassed athletism, at least as far as pure scorers go.

The way the nba game is played now, helps guys like trae, curry, donnie, a lot.

Its also why I have maintained frank has so much value, hes literally the only player in the nba that can guard them.
    What? Why do you frank stans do this? So frank is the only good perimeter defender in the nba? Just 3 days ago Kawhi forced Doncic into his worst shooting night of the season.

Thereís also guys like PG, Marcus Smart and Jimmy Butler. Even a guy like Murray from the spurs is the level of defender Frank is and has shown flashes of being an even better one.

Yes frank is a damn good defender but stop with the outrageous claims!

Quote Originally Posted by meloman1592 View Post
    What? Why do you frank stans do this? So frank is the only good perimeter defender in the nba? Just 3 days ago Kawhi forced Doncic into his worst shooting night of the season.

Thereís also guys like PG, Marcus Smart and Jimmy Butler. Even a guy like Murray from the spurs is the level of defender Frank is and has shown flashes of being an even better one.

Yes frank is a damn good defender but stop with the outrageous claims!
    Besides kawhi, none of those guys sniff franks defense.

And the fact kawhi is the first name you have to bring up to compare to franks defense only helps prove my point.

So thank you.

Besides kawhi, none of those guys sniff franks defense.

And the fact kawhi is the first name you have to bring up to compare to franks defense only helps prove my point.

So thank you.
    This is just flat out incorrect. Also Iím not saying frank isnít a good defender, cause he is. But to single him out as the single greatest defender in the NBA reeks of ignorance. Marcus Smart is a better defender than frank today. And thatís okay

Jrue Holiday is another guard that is in this conversation. Frank is not the end all be all defender.

Jrue Holiday is another guard that is in this conversation. Frank is not the end all be all defender.
    Relax and breath I know it's hard that more ppl in NBA compliment Franks defense then Melos last 3 games it's ok just breath the world hasn't ended ok melosman

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

This is just flat out incorrect. Also Iím not saying frank isnít a good defender, cause he is. But to single him out as the single greatest defender in the NBA reeks of ignorance. Marcus Smart is a better defender than frank today. And thatís okay
    Marcus smart has never in his life been a lock down a defender.

Hes a hard workerx tenacious defender.

Lock down, not even close.

Lock down on ball defenders who can defend positions 1-3 are a rare few. And frank is at the top in that category.

Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast