Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 410 of 437 FirstFirst ... 310360400408409410411412420 ... LastLast
Results 6,136 to 6,150 of 6543
    Look i love our guys but ayton is a tier above mitch easily

Id also trade mitch if we got wiseman

Mitch has potential to be a 2 way player but those guys are already 2 way players

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Hayes, Booker, Bridges, Oubre, Ayton doesnít look better on paper?

Thereís 3 guys there that are significantly better than anyone on that roster you have us sending out there. And Bridges is a solid defensive role player. Letís call Hayes/Cole a wash right now (even though Hayes will likely go higher, and I think heís better)

So how is that not ďbetter on paperĒ?
    Maybe but it depends on how good Deni really is. I also think that Cole is going to kill in the NBA. His style of play is made more for the NBA. Teams just look at him as a combo guard which they did the same thing with Westbrook, Steph, Holiday, Lillard and many other scoring PGs coming out of college. Hayes is more DLo, Cole is more Lillard.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Maybe but it depends on how good Deni really is. I also think that Cole is going to kill in the NBA. His style of play is made more for the NBA. Teams just look at him as a combo guard which they did the same thing with Westbrook, Steph, Holiday, Lillard and many other scoring PGs coming out of college. Hayes is more DLo, Cole is more Lillard.
    Agreed dame dolla went 7 nobody thought he was anything special

I donít see DLo in Hayes. I see more pure PG in Hayes, which I actually like. I donít see enough efficiency or playmaking in Cole for him to be on that level

Still, though, those guys on Phoenix are already known quantities on the pro level. Booker alone is likely way better than anyone we have, or will get. So I canít say we are close to that level, even with the suggested drafting

Of course, who really knows. But Iíve been down on Cole, and up on Ball, Hayes, and Deni all along.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Booker, absolutely.

Ayton though? Is Mitch that far off? Iíd give the slight edge to Ayton based on his huge offensive production, but are the Suns really better running their offense through him? And Mitchís defense is miles ahead of Aytonís.

And to add to your point. Oubre and Mikal Bridges are also better than anybody on our team not named Mitch.
    I think heís better. Not only is he a superior offensive player, he has improved defensively as well which was his biggest question mark.

The thing about the combo guard is most of those guys are unplayable with others. Steph Curry maybe the exception to the rule because he understands the concept of ball movement. You look at Westbrook, he's outshooting Harden...which is why the Rockets have been actually worse than they were with Chris Paul and Harden out there. Lillard had not much of a supporting cast most of his career, he's 30 so we'll never know.

Combo guards used to be synonymous with death of ball movement because they can't get anyone involved.

I like Cole Anthony but only if the Knicks get someone with a pass first mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post

Mitch has potential to be a 2 way player but those guys are already 2 way players
    Ayton is a mediocre defender lol wiseman nobody knows anything about lol like really just crazy stuff as always
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I think heís better. Not only is he a superior offensive player, he has improved defensively as well which was his biggest question mark.
    Ayton is average at best on defense. His offense is also disappointing. Yes heís probably a player most would take Over Mitch but I personally would rather a great defensive anchor that protects the rim and rebounds well over the offensive guy. I donít think your c needs to score more than 10 a game. Mitch could easily be a 12-13-3 block guy imo. Maybe even better
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Ayton is not a 2 way player. He is a terrible defender and I would rather my center be a great defender than offensive player. He has potential to be a good defender but Mitch has potential to be a good offensive player too. Thibodeau is going to make Mitch a monster in that ICE defense.

Ayton is not a 2 way player. He is a terrible defender and I would rather my center be a great defender than offensive player. He has potential to be a good defender but Mitch has potential to be a good offensive player too. Thibodeau is going to make Mitch a monster in that ICE defense.
    Ayton is not Kanter bad on defense right now he's better than Mitch

Mitch is amazing and he has the highest ceiling but he's not ready yet thibs is best case scenario for mitch he should get him there

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Ayton is a mediocre defender lol wiseman nobody knows anything about lol like really just crazy stuff as always
    We know plenty about Wiseman he's is a top 4 Prospect Wiseman also is a beast athletically

2020 Draft Thread

Ayton is not Kanter bad on defense right now he's better than Mitch

Mitch is amazing and he has the highest ceiling but he's not ready yet thibs is best case scenario for mitch he should get him there
    Ayton is more skilled offensively than Mitch, but Mitch impacts the game more than Ayton.

Mitch is way more efficient and a much better defender than Ayton is. Ayton has a much higher ceiling offensively.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Ayton is more skilled offensively than Mitch, but Mitch impacts the game more than Ayton.

Mitch is way more efficient and a much better defender than Ayton is. Ayton has a much higher ceiling offensively.
    I agree with this. I do think Ayton has gotten better on D, but Mitch is on another level. And while Ayton is very skilled offensively, you canít deny that Mitch is very good at what he does on offense and he plays within himself.

All that said, my main concern with Ayton is crafting your offense around a center who lives in the paint and takes a ton of mid range jumpers, and isnít a great passer (i.e., Jokic). I think Embid is the only guy who can get away with that because heís so elite in the post.

My God you people Homer's

East I'm usually with you but Mitch is historically efficient on offense and is probably the second best rim protector in the NBA behind Gobert. If Thibs can get Mitch to stay out of foul trouble he will be better than Gobert because he is so much more athletic.

If you look at Mitch's gym work he has skills that other coaches haven't even given him a CHANCE to demonstrate. I believe he can take most centers off the dribble and I also think he can hit a wide open 3. If he is doing it in practice then it's just a matter of confidence doing it in a real game.