Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 97 of 167 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 2492
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Daymean Dotson is an UFA at the end of this season. He's not re-signing with the Knicks. Forget about that.

Also Kevin Knox's stock has never been lower. Compare his rookie to sophomore year. It's disturbing. He started 57 games his rookie season vs just 4 games this season. His minutes have been cut from 28.8 min/game to 18.3 min/game. Roughly 10 less min/game. His numbers across the board are down but disturbingly his ppg have been reduced to less than half his average production. Also his FT% is nearly 10% less. He's slightly above RJ Barrett's FT% which is not too good for a guy who isn't Shaq.

We know, Dennis Smith Jr is demanding a trade and pretty much has no interest to play for the Knicks. You couldn't get a bag of balls for this guy.

Mitchell Robinson has been coming along. His minutes have increased by 2 min/game but he's started 12 less game this season. His scoring is up from rookie year 7.3 ppg to sophomore 9.2 ppg. But his FT% is atrocious. In the last 10 games, his FT% is 39%. It's barely over 51% for the season. Ask Detroit who gave away Andre Drummond for NOTHING, how valuable is a big man who is only skilled to do put backs, rebound, and block?

Frank Ntilikina actually has value. Sure the offensive numbers are not there. Still, teams like the Spurs have inquired. He doesn't need the ball to make an impact defensively. He knows how to make the extra pass. He's only 21 and he's definitely developing at an accelerated rate but not fast enough to show up in the fantasy stats.

Pretty Much, RJ Barrett is going nowhere.
    My turn.

Daymean Dotson - Knicks resign and extend for 2 years. Develop as 6 man

Kevin Knox - Only 20 and in Sophomore slump. It will take 2-3 years for him to be the very good player that he is destined to be. Hold and develop

DSJ - he is a throw in on a Julius Randle trade

Mitchell Robinson - Has been improving. Continue to hold and develop

Frank Ntilikina - We need to focus on developing his shot and most importantly his 3pt shot. Also get him to push harder as a defender (which is his strength anyway) if successful he is a perfect 3 & D guy. Hold and develop.

RJ - The only potential All Star on the team in the foreseeable future. Hold.
    Last edited by oballers; 02-21-2020 at 11:54 AM.

Ball is a very interesting prospect but I'm starting to lean more toward Hayes.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    so you would give up the Clips pick, a 2nd and Dotson or Knox to move up just out of the lottery?

I'd bet the way I'm reading this draft there isn't a Knox in the mid to late lottery and we could get another pick for Just Knox.

Man if I'm a GM I'm taking the Clips, the early 2nd with no cap hit, and Knox for my non lottery pick for sure.
    The Clips pick is the swap, so it would be Knox and a 2nd to move up how many ever spots. I think one or the other gets it done, but I donít know how valuable either are alone. Also, the Knicks cannot keep every pick they have. Itís impossible based on roster spots. Either they trade them for future picks, use them for an established player, or use them to move up.

No, I wouldnít do it this year. I was only discussing what it would take.

I also donít have much faith in Knox.
    Last edited by smood999; 02-21-2020 at 12:01 PM.

I'm not derailing, in simple English, to the KNicks right now today and it's logical, Knox has more value than Frank, at least with Knox we have this year, and next year and the following and then see if we want his Qo......Frank has next year and that is it to step it up.

Value has to account for something, like you told us last year, give Frank another year we did. He even has next year, but seems Knicks talk a lot more about Knox and future and FRank isn't even in the discussion of future?

Liking and reality are two different stories........but again hope is always good. I hope DSJ turns it around also, that don't mean it will.

the entire point is in my opinion from what I'm reading and not reading Knox has more value than Frank to the organization. Yes Knox isn't good right now but imagine if he has the light bulb go off with his raw talent.

This is why there are rookie scale contracts and wait till 2022 when HS players get drafted.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    That was during the AD trade which I mentioned. It doesnít prove your point at all.

How many times do you think Berman and Bondy are going to interview him? He wasnít a local story, he was national news and the biggest national sports publications arenít allowing him on their platforms.
    How do you come up with this stuff, the ad trade was after lonzos rookie year, so yes it proves mu point, and there are many other examples that prove my point easy to find with simple google search.

I'm not derailing, in simple English, to the KNicks right now today and it's logical, Knox has more value than Frank, at least with Knox we have this year, and next year and the following and then see if we want his Qo......Frank has next year and that is it to step it up.

Value has to account for something, like you told us last year, give Frank another year we did. He even has next year, but seems Knicks talk a lot more about Knox and future and FRank isn't even in the discussion of future?

Liking and reality are two different stories........but again hope is always good. I hope DSJ turns it around also, that don't mean it will.

the entire point is in my opinion from what I'm reading and not reading Knox has more value than Frank to the organization. Yes Knox isn't good right now but imagine if he has the light bulb go off with his raw talent.

This is why there are rookie scale contracts and wait till 2022 when HS players get drafted.
    thats your opinion, it's debatable, i really havent heard anyone say otherwise anyway. Not sure why you gotta start the whole "Frank is gone, we're not picking up his option" debate yet again, it's unnecessary at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    How do you come up with this stuff, the ad trade was after lonzos rookie year, so yes it proves mu point, and there are many other examples that prove my point easy to find with simple google search.
    Read my posts again. I said that he pretty much disappeared during his rookie year and wasnít heard from again until those two events (LeBron going to LA and the AD trade). I also said that TMZ is the only publication interested in what heís had to say since then. Literally no other sports outlet is covering him anymore.

He wasnít a constant in the media like youíre suggesting he will be. When LeBron went to LA, he essentially just said championship and nothing bad. What youíre talking about is more aligned with how he was when Lonzo was at UCLA and during his rookie year.

Who cares if he says something one else every two years? Why even mention it at that point?

If you can find it with a Google search, then do it instead of constantly going back and forth without examples. Iím sure that youíll see that heís barely in the media. I also provided examples that indicated that heís been quiet for the most part.
    Last edited by smood999; 02-21-2020 at 12:22 PM.

I don't think this is the summer to move on from Knox. He might have the worst trade value in the league right now w/ his cap hit. And he's still 20. We have plenty of cap, I would keep letting him work on his game. Get another full off season in him, the pressure on him is going to be really strong. And lets see what he looks like in year 3 on a hopefully better team with some more grown man strength.

He has definitely flashed the ability to be 40% 3 pt shooter off the bench. I think giving him stretches at the 4 this year would help him fit better next year. That's where he needs to be. Playing roughly 20 minutes off the bench between 3 and 4 next year.

There are scenarios where you should definitely throw him in, lets say for a Beal or another top flight guy. But for more prospects? Naa. Move up using the picks or DSjr. Or stand pat

Lol I literally can't think of a single reason to say this other than to troll Nycericanguy. That is such a heavily subjective and debatable comment that you're throwing out there as a statement of fact. I don't see this raw talent that Knox has and Frank doesn't. And as of today, I'd bet on the latter making any meaningful contribution to an NBA team. This after my above post justifies keeping Knox

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    I don't think this is the summer to move on from Knox. He might have the worst trade value in the league right now w/ his cap hit. And he's still 20. We have plenty of cap, I would keep letting him work on his game. Get another full off season in him, the pressure on him is going to be really strong. And lets see what he looks like in year 3 on a hopefully better team with some more grown man strength.

He has definitely flashed the ability to be 40% 3 pt shooter off the bench. I think giving him stretches at the 4 this year would help him fit better next year. That's where he needs to be. Playing roughly 20 minutes off the bench between 3 and 4 next year.

There are scenarios where you should definitely throw him in, lets say for a Beal or another top flight guy. But for more prospects? Naa. Move up using the picks or DSjr. Or stand pat
    Disclaimer: I'm not comparing Knox to Melo

But when Melo aged and really started to become too slow to play the 3, moving him to the 4 did wonders for his game offensively and defensively. He was all of a sudden quicker than his man again and was able to stay in front on the defensive side.

Knox has a ways to go to become starter potential, but most definitely moving him to the 4 off the bench could give him some new life on both ends. He should be able to utilize his off the dribble skills better and wouldn't be such a waste of life on D.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Disclaimer: I'm not comparing Knox to Melo

But when Melo aged and really started to become too slow to play the 3, moving him to the 4 did wonders for his game offensively and defensively. He was all of a sudden quicker than his man again and was able to stay in front on the defensive side.

Knox has a ways to go to become starter potential, but most definitely moving him to the 4 off the bench could give him some new life on both ends. He should be able to utilize his off the dribble skills better and wouldn't be such a waste of life on D.
    I really hope Knox isn't a total bust. I feel since Isiah was good at drafting the best available athlete that needed seasoning as late first and second round picks the Knicks have applied the same methods to higher picks. I think we need to start drafting basketball players instead of projects. I know they all need to develop but think there was a substantial difference b/t Knox and Mikal Bridges and Frank and guys like Kennard or Zach Collins.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post

I dont think we should be looking to dump Knox or anything. but if we are high on someone like Nesmith and looking for shooting. its something to consider.

If Knox projects as a sniper that's exactly what Nesmith is, with better defense. people call him a poor mans Klay but he's actually put up better numbers in college against better comp. Who knows if either pans out but the more I look at Nesmith he seems like a great fit here.

i also think when you look at the FA options, it's mostly SF's or stretch 4s. there is no stud 3 & D SG like Nesmith COULD be.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    I dont think we should be looking to dump Knox or anything. but if we are high on someone like Nesmith and looking for shooting. its something to consider.

If Knox projects as a sniper that's exactly what Nesmith is, with better defense. people call him a poor mans Klay but he's actually put up better numbers in college against better comp. Who knows if either pans out but the more I look at Nesmith he seems like a great fit here.
    I like Nesmith and I'm all for it. I guess I'm a bit surprised if people are even asking for Knox lol, which was at least part of my point. I like the trade you pointed out above. I would just sub Knox for Dennis who we need to be done with. Clippers 1st, Dennis, and Charlotte pick. Use those three to move up as high as possible. For Nesmith or whoever else falls.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    i also think when you look at the FA options, it's mostly SF's or stretch 4s. there is no stud 3 & D SG like Nesmith COULD be.
    Yeah I mean we need more than one. We are bare. Are we really spending big FA money on a 4 if Randle is still here? I doubt it.