Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 55 of 105 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    I hope you right. I am hoping they can move Dennis also.
    I don't know what I'm right about, I'm just guessing and suggesting lol.....but we shall see,

Frank and Knox got 17/13min so it's pretty close to the same.

Randle needs to learn his strengths and stop the crap with the TO's, it's so apparent and obvious he is so damn talented, just I guess chalk it up to either selfish or low IQ or both

good old Mitch, started playing well, just doesn't know how to keep from fouling. Some nice highlight plays though.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    I don't know what I'm right about, I'm just guessing and suggesting lol.....but we shall see,

Frank and Knox got 17/13min so it's pretty close to the same.

Randle needs to learn his strengths and stop the crap with the TO's, it's so apparent and obvious he is so damn talented, just I guess chalk it up to either selfish or low IQ or both
    To he honest, I used to think Randle was very talented. The more Iíve watched, the less I think of him. His jumper isnít coming around like Iíd hoped. And his style of play has been learned, I doubt he will make changes. Requires him holding the ball forever, and making multiple moves, which lend themselves to doubles coming and/or him turning the ball over

Wish he would just knock that stuff off, get the ball, make a quick move and go up strong. Or get the ball, and make the quick pass. If heís your 3rd/4th option, heís fine. Any more than that, theres issues

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    To he honest, I used to think Randle was very talented. The more Iíve watched, the less I think of him. His jumper isnít coming around like Iíd hoped. And his style of play has been learned, I doubt he will make changes. Requires him holding the ball forever, and making multiple moves, which lend themselves to doubles coming and/or him turning the ball over

Wish he would just knock that stuff off, get the ball, make a quick move and go up strong. Or get the ball, and make the quick pass. If heís your 3rd/4th option, heís fine. Any more than that, theres issues
    yea pretty much, though last year I saw so much better outside shot, especially second half, not sure why he went backwards? It just isn't a good looking shot.

Randle is the same player here hes always been, the only reason tou guys thought he was good is because you look at a few stats and some highlight clips.

Randle has always sucked, thats why no one else wanted him.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Trust me Iím not happy Mitch refuses to look at the hoop beyond 3 feet out either. Adding a 12-15 foot jumper to his game at the least shouldnít be completely impossible. He literally takes zero jump shots. If he gets the ball out there you know heís passing.

All of our guys are flawed. RJ likely has the most complete game on this team and heís 19. One thing I donít really get is Iím watching this game right now and we just keep playing the vets such heavy minutes. Weíre one of the worst teams in the league even with the vets playing 30+ minutes every game, showcasing them doesnít make much sense because you know what each of these guys can do. At what point in this horrid season will they actually commit to playing Frank-Dot-Knox-Mitch 25+ minutes a game? Iíd like to see Iggy at this point. Weíre like 12-35 or something, whatís the point of playing the vets 30-35 minutes a game at this point only to keep losing. Lower their minutes and let the kids play more, with the vets more to develop them. Let them learn playing next to Morris etc. more. Playing Payton 30-34 minutes a game now or whatever heís getting makes no sense to me. And I like RJ but I can already see him coming back and Dot being glued to the bench again. Even Taj is playing crazy minutes now. Itís honestly a bit weird.
    Heart I may stand corrected on my thought process with the deadline. I just looked at the upcoming schedule through Feb 12th and the deadline is Feb 6th.

Hornets, Grizz, Pacers, Cav's, Magic, Pistons, Hawks, and Wiz...............7 of 8 winnable games, and Indy has been playing without Oladipo and lately Bogs.

This schedule may give the Knicks some sense of false hopes and keep them playing the vets.

The Magic game is the 5th game on the day of the deadline so Knicks win 4 of 5 or even 3 of 5 may just keep Miller playing the vets and they did just beat the Nets so again this upcoming schedule to be honest could not be weaker.

The flip side is if the Knicks lose these games, Knicks FO has to say good nite, don't they?

My Hope's are the Draft Gods will be on our side for once. Knicks win the lottery and draft Wiseman.

A team behind us calls and about Mitchell because they wanted Wiseman. Knicks trade them Mitchell and pieces for the rights to LaMelo.

That would be a tough decision but so that Knicks don't screw it up I just hope that LaMelo is the pick. He will make the Knicks fun and cool again he has that Penny Hardaway, Jason Kidd, and Trae Young mixture to his game and the Garden and Walt Frazier will have Wizardry comments about his passing ability.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Randle is the same player here hes always been, the only reason tou guys thought he was good is because you look at a few stats and some highlight clips.

Bingo.

Quote Originally Posted by trueknickfan View Post
    My Hope's are the Draft Gods will be on our side for once. Knicks win the lottery and draft Wiseman.

A team behind us calls and about Mitchell because they wanted Wiseman. Knicks trade them Mitchell and pieces for the rights to LaMelo.

That would be a tough decision but so that Knicks don't screw it up I just hope that LaMelo is the pick. He will make the Knicks fun and cool again he has that Penny Hardaway, Jason Kidd, and Trae Young mixture to his game and the Garden and Walt Frazier will have Wizardry comments about his passing ability.
    Can he hit a f***ing jumper?

Sick of watching guards who can't hit a damn J.

Mitch Robinson .... sell high NY Knicks. Sell high.

And Wiseman is already a better player if that is who you end up with.

Turning Mitch into a PG who can play would be a smart money move.

I say LaMelo and I'll keep saying it

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post

this is spot on even if saying he sucks is a bit harsh, but right now in his 5th year he has yet to prove he can be a piece on a winning team.

there was also this idea that somehow he was a good 3pt shooter based on him shooting 34%. but all attempts are not created equal. if you watched the games teams would practically beg him to shoot them, that was a huge red flag. you had a guy shooting below league average on WIDE OPEN uncontested 3's... i was never convinced he was going to be a good shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    this is spot on even if saying he sucks is a bit harsh, but right now in his 5th year he has yet to prove he can be a piece on a winning team.

there was also this idea that somehow he was a good 3pt shooter based on him shooting 34%. but all attempts are not created equal. if you watched the games teams would practically beg him to shoot them, that was a huge red flag. you had a guy shooting below league average on WIDE OPEN uncontested 3's... i was never convinced he was going to be a good shooter.
    I hoped he had more to show. Best role for him, main scorer off the bench. Let him bully the second unit guys, give some offensive punch. Donít ask him to do too much.

If heís starting for a team, they likely suck. Right now, you can say that for every player on this team besides Morris

Yea I think do think Randle will eventually find himself in a 6th man role on a contender and thrive....but I think he's a ways away from that. Most guys like him think they are better than they are and it takes some time for them to accept that 6th man role. But I don't see why Randle can't be a Lamar Odom type 6th man on a really good team.

Starting units in this league need to play with more spacing, structure, and balance. Dynamic freelancers that aren't elite often find themselves off the bench once they realize they aren't that good.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Yea I think do think Randle will eventually find himself in a 6th man role on a contender and thrive....but I think he's a ways away from that. Most guys like him think they are better than they are and it takes some time for them to accept that 6th man role. But I don't see why Randle can't be a Lamar Odom type 6th man on a really good team.

Starting units in this league need to play with more spacing, structure, and balance. Dynamic freelancers that aren't elite often find themselves off the bench once they realize they aren't that good.
    100%. If he accepts it and learns to move the ball quicker instead of letting it stick heíd be 6th man of the year material potentially. Biggest things are realizing his limitations and just not being a ball stopper.

Page 55 of 105 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast