Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 50 of 92 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
    Knowing what Lonzo is now, would you sign up for Tyrese if he's Lonzo? tough call.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Knowing what Lonzo is now, would you sign up for Tyrese if he's Lonzo? tough call.
    I still really like Lonzo, so yes. I donít view that comparison as a negative. He may not become the All Star we originally thought, but Iíd bet on him still being really good when itís all said and done.

Obviously, it will all depend on where the Knicks pick. Right now I would pick LaMelo over him (and everyone) and I think itís a toss up between him and Cole.

Lonzo has glaring issues that massively hold him back that i dont think hold haliburton back.

Abyssmal free throw shooting, and lonzo is scared to drive to the rim, cant hit lay ups, and is scared to go to the foul line.

Those issues hold back lonzo massively, i dont think haliburton has those issues, which is why i dont like the comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I still really like Lonzo, so yes. I donít view that comparison as a negative. He may not become the All Star we originally thought, but Iíd bet on him still being really good when itís all said and done.

Obviously, it will all depend on where the Knicks pick. Right now I would pick LaMelo over him (and everyone) and I think itís a toss up between him and Cole.
    yea I like Lonzo, my worry would be adding another non shooter long term. But Lonzo is improving the 3 ball every year.

yea I like Lonzo, my worry would be adding another non shooter long term. But Lonzo is improving the 3 ball every year.
    The 3 point shooting is a issue, but its really just a small part.

Cant run the pnr, cant shoot free throws and doesnt want to, and cant attack the rim, are every bit as big of issues as his 3 pt shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    The 3 point shooting is a issue, but its really just a small part.

Cant run the pnr, cant shoot free throws and doesnt want to, and cant attack the rim, are every bit as big of issues as his 3 pt shooting.
    It doesnít seem as if his shooting is still an issue. I donít agree with him being unable to run pick and rolls.

You are right about him not getting to the basket though, but Haliburton has a similar concern even if itís to a lesser degree, hence the comparison he often gets to Lonzo.

Yes, heís up to 35% on over 6 attempts per game this season. It seems that heís reworked his shot successfully.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    It doesnít seem as if his shooting is still an issue. I donít agree with him being unable to run pick and rolls.

You are right about him not getting to the basket though, but Haliburton has a similar concern even if itís to a lesser degree, hence the comparison he often gets to Lonzo.
    I dont think haliburton is scared to go to the rim though, and thats a huge difference.

I dont know how you can disageee about the pnr, hes not good at it. Teams arent worried about his shot, and he wont drive the ball, and hes very slow to set it up, and execute it, really hes terrible at it.

He wasnt good in college either, hes a good passer, but that doesnt make you good at running a pnr.

looks like Cole Anthony will be back this season at least. UNC is really bad without him.

I think right now Cole & Tyrese are my top 2. Cole struggled with his shot a lot but he can score and I think his game will translate to the NBA level.

looks like Cole Anthony will be back this season at least. UNC is really bad without him.

I think right now Cole & Tyrese are my top 2. Cole struggled with his shot a lot but he can score and I think his game will translate to the NBA level.
    Cole has been the number one PG on my board all along. If he is there when the Knicks pick they have to take him. He is a gifted scorer and under rated defender. He can even play SG if we also happen to get our hands on a more traditional PG like Nico.

Lamelo Ball is boom/bust. He's playing in Australia. Not exactly Spain, Latvia, or any of the basketball Euro league clubs that light it up.

Haliburton is the BEST educated choice for a franchise guy who can make the players around him better. THAT's Step 1.

This rebuild is going to take at least 5 years of tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Lamelo Ball is boom/bust. He's playing in Australia. Not exactly Spain, Latvia, or any of the basketball Euro league clubs that light it up.

Haliburton is the BEST educated choice for a franchise guy who can make the players around him better. THAT's Step 1.

This rebuild is going to take at least 5 years of tanking.
    I think Hal might be the BEST Current PG, however, his lack of explosion, shot creation, wiggle and athleticism will hurt at the next level. Knicks need athletic IQ\savvy guards, that can shoot and wont kill you on defense. I'm not really sure who that is. I dont see that guy in the draft. So you're hoping that someone can develop into it.

I think Tyrese has a ton of upside as he starts to fill out his frame a bit. Heís a very efficient scorer and his passing is excellent as well. NBA ready for sure.

What do you guys think about Markus Howard? Seems like he can be a steal in the 2nd round if available. I know heís small, but heís an amazing shooter and scorer who gets to the line at will.

Grant Riller is another name to watch. Heís athletic at 6í3Ē 190lbs, efficient, and great at driving to the basket with a decent jumpshot (35% from 3 in his career). Like Howard, heís another senior.

I think older college prospects are becoming underrated. So many of these young kids arenít ready for the NBA, while these older prospects are ready to contribute right away and still have upside.

Draft Wiseman and attach the two Dallas first to Robinson to get back in the lotto and draft a PG.

Page 50 of 92 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast