Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 424 of 665 FirstFirst ... 324374414422423424425426434474524 ... LastLast
Results 6,346 to 6,360 of 9967
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Rubio looked like an absolute stud coming out. I think he would have been regarded even higher today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rubio was much better than LaMelo Ball going into the NBA draft and it's not even close. He was hyped as the greatest Euro league ball handler and passer ever and hasn't led a team anywhere since being in the NBA. He is a little bit better than Payton...lol

The last guy drafted to do what Deni did (MVP of a FIBA championship team) was Luka. Before that Manu... They are winners... Knicks need winners, not flashy ballhandlers that make risky passes NBA defenses will eat up. 27% from 3 is God awful... Well at least we know he is a bad shooter so if we draft him please don't complain just take it...lol
    Last edited by Knicks Boogie; 08-08-2020 at 09:50 AM.

Man this draft isnít that good and Iím not completely sold on LaMelo

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Rubio was much better than LaMelo Ball going into the NBA draft and it's not even close. He was hyped as the greatest Euro league ball handler and passer ever and hasn't led a team anywhere since being in the NBA. He is a little bit better than Payton...lol

The last guy drafted to do what Deni did (MVP of a FIBA championship team) was Luka. Before that Manu... They are winners... Knicks need winners, not flashy ballhandlers that make risky passes NBA defenses will eat up. 27% from 3 is God awful... Well at least we know he is a bad shooter so if we draft him please don't complain just take it...lol
    Hmm, that's not true. Even in this draft, I'm not sure if Rubio goes top 8 and if I recall correctly, Rubio was an awful shooter who also never finished at the basket and didn't pose much of a risk driving. LaMelo has 5x more upside with his added athletic ability and height.

Btw, Deni was MVP of the under 20 FIBA League. Just a reminder.
    Last edited by Bivory; 08-08-2020 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    https://www.nbadraft.net/nba-mock-drafts/
    They have kira dropping to us at the clips pick
    Hali and Lewis? Interesting.

I'm still holding out hope for a Deni and Cole/Lewis combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Hmm, that's not true. Even in this draft, I'm not sure if Rubio goes top 8 and if I recall correctly, Rubio was an awful shooter who also never finished at the basket and didn't pose much of a risk driving. LaMelo has 5x more upside with his added athletic ability and height.

Btw, Deni was MVP of the under 20 FIBA League. Just a reminder.
    You donít have a good memory. Ricky was hyped to be the next great PG. Once he Ded up on Kobe on TV while playing floor general everyone who wasnít sold became sold. He wasnít a great finisher but he was thought of as a Nash like passer whose J would improve. He didnít live up to the hype for the reasons you mentioned but he would have gone first in this draft

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    You donít have a good memory. Ricky was hyped to be the next great PG. Once he Ded up on Kobe on TV while playing floor general everyone who wasnít sold became sold. He wasnít a great finisher but he was thought of as a Nash like passer whose J would improve. He didnít live up to the hype for the reasons you mentioned but he would have gone first in this draft

Big part of Nashís value was his great efficiency scoring. The reason why Rubio didnít live up to the hype is because the game changed. So many PGs now are great shooters, scorers, and playmakers.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Difference is that Hayes has more athleticism and is a much better finisher. Rubio did become a better shooter, but more in the midrange than hitting 3s. Hayes has scoring creativity that Rubio never had. Hayesís pullup 3pt shooting, mid-range shooting, and FT shooting are all above average or better.
    Your kidding right rubio was playing in the 2nd hardest league outside of America hayes would be a bench player in Spain

Rubio was the far superior prospect coming out its not even debatable

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Big part of Nashís value was his great efficiency scoring. The reason why Rubio didnít live up to the hype is because the game changed. So many PGs now are great shooters, scorers, and playmakers.
    No rubio just never developed his jump shot and if the game has changed why do you want Hayes he has the same concerns rubio did

Its funny how your perception changes when you like a player

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    Hali and Lewis? Interesting.

I'm still holding out hope for a Deni and Cole/Lewis combo.
    if lewis definitely drops to us id love obi deni or Nesmith

I was also surprised Wiseman dropped to 7 id be very tempted to take him

No rubio just never developed his jump shot and if the game has changed why do you want Hayes he has the same concerns rubio did

Its funny how your perception changes when you like a player
    Right... They like LaMelo but don't like Obi because of his defense but Melo is a worse defender and shooter... Doesn't make sense.

They like Hayes over Cole but Cole would have probably been MVP in Hayes league.

They believe whatever the media wants them to believe...SMH

I hope the new FO looks at their game and not what the media thinks.

Your kidding right rubio was playing in the 2nd hardest league outside of America hayes would be a bench player in Spain

Rubio was the far superior prospect coming out its not even debatable
    Hayes is a much better scoring prospect than Rubio though, think youíre missing that.

Right... They like LaMelo but don't like Obi because of his defense but Melo is a worse defender and shooter... Doesn't make sense.

They like Hayes over Cole but Cole would have probably been MVP in Hayes league.

LaMelo is 19 and has elite playmaking skills already, elite ball handling and elite size for his position.

What does 22 year old Obi do at an elite level? Heís explosive/provides some nice vertical spacing but heís really sort of an Amare/old school Blake throwback big. Heís going to have to play the 5 most likely in the NBA and chances are he ends up nowhere near Amare or Blakeís level.

Cole Iím still interested in. If anything Iíve sort of grown more intrigued by him. Hayes is definitely the Better playmaker/pure point guard than Cole but Cole is the better shooter and his pull-up three game could be very helpful to us. Cole also looks like he will be a much better catch and shoot three point shooter than Hayes which is also valuable. I still prefer Hayes but the gap is certainly not a huge one imo at least going in. Iím sure 3 years from now one of them will be clearly better than the other as hindsight is always 20-20.

if lewis definitely drops to us id love obi deni or Nesmith

I was also surprised Wiseman dropped to 7 id be very tempted to take him
    I like Wiseman too but if we draft him we have to move Mitch.

Rubio had huge hype yes. but he never really learned to shoot. I mean that's the risk with Melo too, will he develop a jumper? Rubio is also 6'3, if he were 6'7 he would probably be much more dangerous .

It isnít apples/apples. Ball first off is a PG, obviously something we need badly. Heís got elite positional size/length. Shows good IQ, and flashes of being a good defender. Yes, heís got flaws offensively. But heís potentially elite in a lot of ways. Toppin looks like the type of guys the league is moving away from. Unless he really increases his volume from outside, which is always a possibility, heís an efficient inside player that projects to be bad on defense.

And what exactly are you basing Cole being ďMVPĒ on? Hayes is bigger, better passing, better midrange. Cole only showed heís a bad volume shooter. So thereís no way to make that distinction. And also Hayes is a year younger, and didnít get 35mpg/15fga that Cole did