Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 208 of 654 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218258308 ... LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 9808
    The reason why some fans are skiddish on Cole Anthony is the fact, he's got a sloppy handle and streaky shooter. That's why I liked the idea of moving Anthony to shooting guard because he's definitely a scorer and trading back up to get Halliburton who is more polished, protects and the ball and can be the point guard.

Now, having said that....if the Knicks have a chance to get LaMelo Ball then they should do it. I'm not as big on Ball as some other fans but I'm not going to be angry about it. I'm just thinking, IF the Knicks get Ball then they're going to need a transcendental scorer who can be the #1 option. NO ONE is scared of Ball beating them in a shoot out.

This IS the draft where Perry can't stand pat as he did the last 2 drafts. If the Knicks REALLY want someone, they gotta go all-in.

Lewis over Cole he's a bit more polished and ready to go now. Not to mention he's has a better handle, can shoot it better, an elite FT shooter and is lightning quick.

If Ball is gone go with the best player available someone who light it from anywhere preferably maybe like the kid Devi.

Then move up somewhere to be sure you can get PG Lewis. I don't think he be still there at the 25th pick.

If Perry doesn't strike gold this draft it will certainly be his last.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    The reason why some fans are skiddish on Cole Anthony is the fact, he's got a sloppy handle and streaky shooter. That's why I liked the idea of moving Anthony to shooting guard because he's definitely a scorer and trading back up to get Halliburton who is more polished, protects and the ball and can be the point guard.

Now, having said that....if the Knicks have a chance to get LaMelo Ball then they should do it. I'm not as big on Ball as some other fans but I'm not going to be angry about it. I'm just thinking, IF the Knicks get Ball then they're going to need a transcendental scorer who can be the #1 option. NO ONE is scared of Ball beating them in a shoot out.

This IS the draft where Perry can't stand pat as he did the last 2 drafts. If the Knicks REALLY want someone, they gotta go all-in.
    But why trade back for hali frank would fit next to cole perfect btw ball handling is something that can be fixed look at early curry years

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    No he is not...not even close. That was one of the biggest misconceptions of Reddish last year. Don’t worry, I fell for it too.

His average athleticism was a big reason why he struggled at Duke and why people went from comparing him to Paul George to projecting him more as a 3 and D wing instead.
    Right... The only player on that Duke team that could run with Zion was RJ who actually led the break and finished it as frequently as Zion did too. I'd say RJ is more athletic than Cam Reddish.

1) Ball (only because he is 6'7")
    2) Cole (kid is a killer)
    3) Lewis (most underrated PG)
    4) Haliburton (body not NBA)
    5) Hayes (not NBA ready)

That's the order, Knicks will get one of those PGs... No need to debate about it, either one of them improves the team and becoming a franchise point guard is all about hard work and leadership... Can't really teach that!

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    1) Ball (only because he is 6'7")
    2) Cole (kid is a killer)
    3) Lewis (most underrated PG)
    4) Haliburton (body not NBA)
    5) Hayes (not NBA ready)

That's the order, Knicks will get one of those PGs... No need to debate about it, either one of them improves the team and becoming a franchise point guard is all about hard work and leadership... Can't really teach that!
    Im taking hali 3rd the kid can shoot i do agree he doesn't have an nba body yet but when he gets nba ready watch out

I don’t think Lewis will be available then and I don’t think he would be a reach.
    You're in the minority then. NBA Draft net doesn't even have Lewis on their board.
    I can't seem to find a single mock draft showing Lewis as a top 10 or even 15 Lottery pick.

Not saying Lewis won't be a stud.

How can Perry put his job on the line by reaching down and taking a player that most experts have around 22 and some don't even have on their board?

If he takes Lewis then Lewis better show up right away because if Cole or anyone else available at the time out plays Lewis it will likely cost Perry his job.

Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post
    You're in the minority then. NBA Draft net doesn't even have Lewis on their board.
    I can't seem to find a single mock draft showing Lewis as a top 10 or even 15 Lottery pick.

How can Perry put his job on the line by reaching down and taking a player that most experts have around 22 and some don't even have on their board?

If he takes Lewis then Lewis better show up right away because if Cole or anyone else available at the time out plays Lewis it will likely cost Perry his job.
    We’re not picking Lewis with our lotto pick and I feel like posters are now seriously underestimating Hayes on here. His 3 pointer is suspect everything else about his game looks damn good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    We’re not picking Lewis with our lotto pick and I feel like posters are now seriously underestimating Hayes on here. His 3 pointer is suspect everything else about his game looks damn good to me.
    Regardless of the mocks and “experts,” I’d rather have Lewis than Cole with our lotto pick even if it’s unlikely to happen.

I hope the NBA Combine happens eventually and that teams will be able to work out prospects. Then I can see Lewis’s stock rising.

Quote Originally Posted by trueknickfan View Post
    Lewis over Cole he's a bit more polished and ready to go now. Not to mention he's has a better handle, can shoot it better, an elite FT shooter and is lightning quick.

If Ball is gone go with the best player available someone who light it from anywhere preferably maybe like the kid Devi.

Then move up somewhere to be sure you can get PG Lewis. I don't think he be still there at the 25th pick.
    Ball shot 37.5% from the field and 25% from 3. Sounds like trash to me.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Regardless of the mocks and “experts,” I’d rather have Lewis than Cole with our lotto pick even if it’s unlikely to happen.

I hope the NBA Combine happens eventually and that teams will be able to work out prospects. Then I can see Lewis’s stock rising.
    Bro i don't know whats this fascination you have with lewis but he's at best 5th best pg and definitely not a lotto pick

Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post

Would you want Tyrese Maxey or Kira Lewis? What has RJ Hampton done to be drafted ahead of Lewis? I do like Hampton, not so much Maxey, but these are just two examples. I think NBA teams will begin to ask similar questions at some point.

I admittedly didn't know much about Lewis when people were bringing him up, but after researching some more, I wouldn't be surprised if he were drafted at any point after 8 or so. I'm not saying he will definitely be a lottery pick, but I think he has a shot based on his age, production, and the other players that will be available.

Would you want Tyrese Maxey or Kira Lewis? What has RJ Hampton done to be drafted ahead of Lewis? I do like Hampton, not so much Maxey, but these are just two examples. I think NBA teams will begin to ask similar questions at some point.

I admittedly didn't know much about Lewis when people were bringing him up, but after researching some more, I wouldn't be surprised if he were drafted at any point after 8 or so. I'm not saying he will definitely be a lottery pick, but I think he has a shot based on his age, production, and the other players that will be available.
    Well this is where missing March Madness and yes even individual workouts following that now leaves you in more of a blind spot than usual.

Would have been interesting to see Cole, Lewis, Maxey, Halliburton etc in the tournament. But we don’t have that as a data point now and beyond that we don’t get to work these kids out. This more than any previous draft I could see guys taken in the teens or 20s end up better than lottery picks. Will be more of a crapshoot than usual.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post

Eh...the combine hasn't mattered in years. Most lottery picks don't participate beyond just measurements.

I don't think individual workouts will happen this year either. Even if they do, I've always been wary about workout warriors. That's how the Knicks ended up drafting Kevin Knox over Miles Bridges despite all of the other evidence. Sometimes it doesn't play out that way and there is something to the workout, but I feel like most of the times it does.

Btw, I think this also applies to Cole. I would've actually bet money that he would've looked like the best PG, and one of the best players, in the draft in a workout setting.
    Last edited by smood999; 05-02-2020 at 07:07 PM.