Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 150 of 150 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150
Results 2,236 to 2,243 of 2243
    Starting to look into what people are saying about Lewis and hereís something I came across from Sam Vecenie (The Athletic):

Lewis is a really interesting prospect at first glance. He averaged 18.5 points, 4.9 rebounds and 5.2 assists per game with 1.8 steals on the other end of the floor. He also hit 36.6 percent of his 3-point attempts for the second-straight season. That makes him one of three high-major players in the last three decades to hit those numbers. And since 2010-11, no high-major players have hit those numbers. Among the six mid-major guys to do it, four played in the NBA. So simply put, being able to produce across the board in this many categories tends to portend an NBA career.

However, look closer, and things come apart a bit. Lewis turned the ball over 3.5 times per game. Heís not really much of a pull-up shooter. His frame is still right around 170 pounds, which means heís going to struggle a bit to deal with the defensive responsibilities of his position as well as his finishing at the basket. The production and speed is tough to ignore, but the rest of it makes him a bit more of a project than the pure numbers might indicate, especially given that heís exceptionally young for the sophomore class.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Starting to look into what people are saying about Lewis and hereís something I came across from Sam Vecenie (The Athletic):
    Morant & Trae are doing just fine and both were about same weight and averaged 5.2 TO's per game. I think that's nitpicking on him a bit.

Lewis is definitely going to have to get stronger. I want him to become more alpha minded. He was the best player on the team and he would defer to the upper class men rather than taking over/dominating. In the NBA I hope he can maintain an attack mentality.

I do not think Haliburton is a fulltime PG and Hayes bust potential scares me so I'm leaving them off my board for now. This is not a year to take a project or an experiment. We kind of need a PG who can have some sort of an immediate impact. So I got to say it's LaMelo and Cole for me. I love Mannion but 6 is too high.

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Morant & Trae are doing just fine and both were about same weight and averaged 5.2 TO's per game. I think that's nitpicking on him a bit.
    I mean, Morant and Trae were in other worlds when it comes to playmaking capabilities (and just general talent/upside), so I think you could overlook that downside.

And both still struggle with TOs (especially Trae).

I wouldn't say LaMelo and Cole are bad shooters like Elfrid Payton. A big reason for their low fg% is shot selection. A good coach and system can help that. I've seen so many PGs come into the league as poor shooters only to improve. So I'm not passing on a player because he shot the ball poorly as the go to guy on a poor team with bad teammates.

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    One is an elite athlete, ball handler, and a notch below elite passer. The other is an elite ball handler and shooter and a notch below in the passing area.

I think if Lewis possessed their level of skill, itís probably not an issue. Iíve never watched him, but Iím going by how you guys have described him until I read more.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    I mean, Morant and Trae were in other worlds when it comes to playmaking capabilities (and just general talent/upside), so I think you could overlook that downside.

And both still struggle with TOs (especially Trae).
    not suggesting he's the same level prospect, but I think the idea that a PG of slight frame will struggle is antiquated. Different game now and high TO's are part of it.