Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031
Results 451 to 458 of 458
  1. #451
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    573
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    The Knicks have:
    RJ Barrett: 19 yrs old
    Kevin Knox: 20 yrs old
    Mitchell Robinson: 20 yrs old
    Frank Ntilikina: 21 yrs old
    Dennis Smith Jr: 22 yrs old

    Essentially the Knicks have a college team.

    Will 18 year old Lamelo Ball be the Knicks' new unicorn? Not sure. I get nervous with kids coming out of high school. Big brother Lonzo Ball is nothing special. Definitely exposed in New Orleans.
    LaMelo projects to be much better than Lonzo. Its really not fair to judge LaMelo based on his brother.

  2. #452
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    LaMelo out of all the players in the draft fits the most with the Knicks or he could because he has that box office attraction that he can bring mainly because of his dad and his brother...in New York LaMelo would be in the spotlight bright lights big city but underneath that spotlight I think he could be a star in New York if drafted there
    The Knicks do not need box office attraction

  3. #453
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,225
    We need to draft a Herro.

  4. #454
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    961
    Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    We need to draft a Herro.
    Yeah This team is going to have to have trade some of our young talent to get players like herro who fit the modern game.

    For me everyone is on the table, RJ, Mitch, frank, included.

    This roster makes zero sense. All of those guys could be really good in the tight situation, but this team is the wrong situation for everyone here.

  5. #455
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    573
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Yeah This team is going to have to have trade some of our young talent to get players like herro who fit the modern game.

    For me everyone is on the table, RJ, Mitch, frank, included.

    This roster makes zero sense. All of those guys could be really good in the tight situation, but this team is the wrong situation for everyone here.
    So you're basically already giving up on RJB even though he projects to become a very good 2 way player for us.

    No team is going to give you Tyler Herro type of players for guys that don't fit this era of basketball if that is how you feel about these guys.
    I suggest the Knicks continue the process by being patient, making no desperation trades and continue drafting good players.

    The Knicks won't be good no matter what trades they make because they rarely win in trades. It seems like every other GM will hose the Knicks before they lose a trade to them. Patience is all that's needed with a good coaching staff proven to develop young players.
    Anyone that thought this would be a painless process hasn't watched the 76ers, Kings and Suns. Those teams took years to get their young players enough experience to finally get out of the basement. It is a painful process for the impatient.
    The best way out of it is to find the next Doncic or Trey Young in the draft but bringing in guys that get you enough wins to stop you from drafting Top 5 is exactly how you ruin your chances on getting these type of players.

    Its called the process for a reason and that's because it takes years to build a team this way.

  6. #456
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Plainfield, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    3,359
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    The Knicks have:
    RJ Barrett: 19 yrs old
    Kevin Knox: 20 yrs old
    Mitchell Robinson: 20 yrs old
    Frank Ntilikina: 21 yrs old
    Dennis Smith Jr: 22 yrs old

    Essentially the Knicks have a college team.

    Will 18 year old Lamelo Ball be the Knicks' new unicorn? Not sure. I get nervous with kids coming out of high school. Big brother Lonzo Ball is nothing special. Definitely exposed in New Orleans.
    >>> This. <<<

    is there a way we maybe could trade Morris to the Timberwolves or Suns for their 1st RD pick - around 13-16 and see if we can draft 'Tyrese Haliburton'.

    I'm really tired of these 1-trick pony PG that need 5 years to develop. Get a guy that's a little older {DRAFT AGE 20.31 yrs}; that can do a little everything, pass, IQ, defend, and can shoot decently.

    I'm not a big fan of LaMelo or Cole - seem like high usage inefficient players to me. I'm done with those guys. Again the more you keep drafting teenage PGs the longer the whole team's development timeline is. Get a guy in here that can be an efficient player and that can defense AND Shoot a little. I like Nico too, but I do not trust he can defend his position, and we all know what that amounts to. Knicks need an efficient playmaking PG that does not kill you shooting wise and defensively...this is why we all want Frank to do well, but he just might not be aggressive enough to pull it off offensively (getting closer though).

    If we could ever pull off Wiseman or Edwards ALONG with Haliburton, that would be fantastic.

  7. #457
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,654
    Quote Originally Posted by teddygreen17 View Post
    >>> This. <<<

    is there a way we maybe could trade Morris to the Timberwolves or Suns for their 1st RD pick - around 13-16 and see if we can draft 'Tyrese Haliburton'.

    I'm really tired of these 1-trick pony PG that need 5 years to develop. Get a guy that's a little older {DRAFT AGE 20.31 yrs}; that can do a little everything, pass, IQ, defend, and can shoot decently.

    I'm not a big fan of LaMelo or Cole - seem like high usage inefficient players to me. I'm done with those guys. Again the more you keep drafting teenage PGs the longer the whole team's development timeline is. Get a guy in here that can be an efficient player and that can defense AND Shoot a little. I like Nico too, but I do not trust he can defend his position, and we all know what that amounts to. Knicks need an efficient playmaking PG that does not kill you shooting wise and defensively...this is why we all want Frank to do well, but he just might not be aggressive enough to pull it off offensively (getting closer though).

    If we could ever pull off Wiseman or Edwards ALONG with Haliburton, that would be fantastic.
    My guy gets it

  8. #458
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    961
    Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post
    So you're basically already giving up on RJB even though he projects to become a very good 2 way player for us.

    No team is going to give you Tyler Herro type of players for guys that don't fit this era of basketball if that is how you feel about these guys.
    I suggest the Knicks continue the process by being patient, making no desperation trades and continue drafting good players.

    The Knicks won't be good no matter what trades they make because they rarely win in trades. It seems like every other GM will hose the Knicks before they lose a trade to them. Patience is all that's needed with a good coaching staff proven to develop young players.
    Anyone that thought this would be a painless process hasn't watched the 76ers, Kings and Suns. Those teams took years to get their young players enough experience to finally get out of the basement. It is a painful process for the impatient.
    The best way out of it is to find the next Doncic or Trey Young in the draft but bringing in guys that get you enough wins to stop you from drafting Top 5 is exactly how you ruin your chances on getting these type of players.

    Its called the process for a reason and that's because it takes years to build a team this way.
    I didnt give up on anyone, your putting words in my mouth.

    But mitch, frank, and rj, dont work well together in the modern nba game. 3 players who arent shooters isnt going to be a winning roster ever.

    I dunno why you say trust the process, its pretty clear there is no process or vision.

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •