Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Here is a way to early hopeful draft by round
    1) Shenault- I feel like there are 6/7 1st round talents at WR and a guy like Shenault maybe doesn't have 1 extraordinary skill so a couple other recievers will pass him up. Adams and Shenault on the outside would be deadly. I would be happy with Ceedee Lamb, Tee Higgins, Henry Ruggs, or maybe even Tyler Johnson here.

2)ILB Jordan Brooks He is rising really fast so in all likelihood he will be gone by the later second but ILB can be a tricky spot to predict when they will go. He is big and fast and has some major upside.

3) WR Lynn Bowden He played a lot of QB last year because of injuries, if there was ever a Randall Cobb clone he is it. I haven't seen much on his projection of where he gets picked but this could be another massive value spot with 4/5 slot receivers in the 2/3 range a good one should fall into the later 3rd.

4) QB Jordan Love Rodagers will be 37 next year it's not a bad idea to draft someone with some upside who can sit for a couple years and be ready if Rodgers hangs them up before he is 40. If he doesn't Love is the type of prospect who could increase his value a lot by just sitting and learning and maybe be worth a 2nd in a trade a couple years down the road.

5) DL Raequan Williams I don't have a clue who ends up available but we could use some DL depth, I'm not A big fan of anyone after Clark.

right now it looks like 11 picks with 12 maybe. 4 or 5 of those being in the 7th round. i don't think 7th's bring much ammo for trading up?

https://www.prosportstransactions.co...re/Packers.htm

Quote Originally Posted by alabastertubby View Post
    right now it looks like 11 picks with 12 maybe. 4 or 5 of those being in the 7th round. i don't think 7th's bring much ammo for trading up?

https://www.prosportstransactions.co...re/Packers.htm
    We should be able to find a OL or DL for depth with those tho.

Iím sure one will be a wildcard WR we try to turn into something.

We need to make some solid signings to complete the roster

If we donít draft Justin Jefferson we are dumb

Jefferson would be a very Ted Thompson type of pick. He's a good all around athlete and player but isn't phenomenally elite at anything. I've actually seen his play style comp (not neccesarily his upside) as davante adams.

I wouldn't be upset with the pick by any means, but part of me wants to pair adams with a different type of wr. Not sure hell be around still, but someone like Ruggs is very interesting to me. Lazard is the big body outside guy. Adams is the all around, route running threat and Ruggs can be the tyreke hill type of guy who can take the top off the defense and is a threat to score from anywhere every time he touches it.

I think wr as a whole will be fascinating in the draft. It's going to be super deep, so I wonder if guys fall a little more than expected since the group is so deep.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Jefferson would be a very Ted Thompson type of pick. He's a good all around athlete and player but isn't phenomenally elite at anything. I've actually seen his play style comp (not neccesarily his upside) as davante adams.

I wouldn't be upset with the pick by any means, but part of me wants to pair adams with a different type of wr. Not sure hell be around still, but someone like Ruggs is very interesting to me. Lazard is the big body outside guy. Adams is the all around, route running threat and Ruggs can be the tyreke hill type of guy who can take the top off the defense and is a threat to score from anywhere every time he touches it.

I think wr as a whole will be fascinating in the draft. It's going to be super deep, so I wonder if guys fall a little more than expected since the group is so deep.
    Iíd take another Adams and call it good. You start risking picks on a small fast guy and end up burnt and then what? Take the good quality pick. Heíll trade back into 2nd if heís dropping and gain a depth pick later.

I wouldnít mind taking Murray for our ILB. But right now Iím grabbing one of those two with the 1st rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    Iíd take another Adams and call it good. You start risking picks on a small fast guy and end up burnt and then what? Take the good quality pick. Heíll trade back into 2nd if heís dropping and gain a depth pick later.

I wouldnít mind taking Murray for our ILB. But right now Iím grabbing one of those two with the 1st rounder.
    I doubt he's as good as adams, just most playing style. Could easily be a James Jones type. My point is more that Ted loved versatile wrs who could do everything but weren't neccesarily phenomenal at one thing. And that's a bit of what this offense is missing. Mvs is a deep threat, but he doesn't really track the ball all that well and he isn't a threat to house every ball he gets. Someone like Ruggs does that. We've lacked that for quite awhile. Nelson was a good deep ball wr cuz he set things up and tracked it well, but he was no where near Ruggs speed. And Ruggs can make contested catches too. I really think adding someone like that to the offense helps a ton.

I think we have underrated speed guys lately because the speed guys weve gotten don't have great ball skills. Both Davis and mvs are really fast, but theres a reason guys with their athletic skills fell to the 5th. But that's what seperates guys like Ruggs and hamler. They actually track the ball and have great ball skills. That's why they are 1st and 2nd round picks. Hill fell because of his off the field problems. But the Ruggs and hamler types are closer to the tyreke hill, Brandon cooks ect type wrs than the Trevor Davis type deep ball guys and I think that changes things for us more than another possession guyx espeically if we think lazard is a #3 of so moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I doubt he's as good as adams, just most playing style. Could easily be a James Jones type. My point is more that Ted loved versatile wrs who could do everything but weren't neccesarily phenomenal at one thing. And that's a bit of what this offense is missing. Mvs is a deep threat, but he doesn't really track the ball all that well and he isn't a threat to house every ball he gets. Someone like Ruggs does that. We've lacked that for quite awhile. Nelson was a good deep ball wr cuz he set things up and tracked it well, but he was no where near Ruggs speed. And Ruggs can make contested catches too. I really think adding someone like that to the offense helps a ton.

I think we have underrated speed guys lately because the speed guys weve gotten don't have great ball skills. Both Davis and mvs are really fast, but theres a reason guys with their athletic skills fell to the 5th. But that's what seperates guys like Ruggs and hamler. They actually track the ball and have great ball skills. That's why they are 1st and 2nd round picks. Hill fell because of his off the field problems. But the Ruggs and hamler types are closer to the tyreke hill, Brandon cooks ect type wrs than the Trevor Davis type deep ball guys and I think that changes things for us more than another possession guyx espeically if we think lazard is a #3 of so moving forward.
    i feel like my criticism aimed at My 3 Bums was they seemed like the same guy, all speed and raw with upside. what we needed were full route tree and smart football IQ.

I wouldn't mind getting a big running back in like the 4/5 range someone like AJ Dillon or Lamical Perine who could be a better short yardage back than Williams. I also really liked what I saw from Troy Dye in the Badger game. I think his size probably keeps him out of the 1st but I wouldn't be to upset with him in the late 1st depending on how he looks though-out the draft process.

I like Tee higgins from Clemson...6-4, 215 be nice to pair with Davante.

Murray from Oklahoma to try and solve ILB problem could work too, but I just think I really want to go offense and find AR a weapon R1.

I also like the RBs GB has but Etienne could be a scat back playmaker, jet sweep option or fake the sweep with AJ33 and give Etienne the rock. This offense needs playmakers.

Take Albert Okwuegbunan from Mizzou in R2 an option at TE or Reagor WR from TCU

I like Dye at ILB too in coverage; Need OT/OL depth and DE too

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    I like Tee higgins from Clemson...6-4, 215 be nice to pair with Davante.

Murray from Oklahoma to try and solve ILB problem could work too, but I just think I really want to go offense and find AR a weapon R1.

I also like the RBs GB has but Etienne could be a scat back playmaker, jet sweep option or fake the sweep with AJ33 and give Etienne the rock. This offense needs playmakers.

Take Albert Okwuegbunan from Mizzou in R2 an option at TE or Reagor WR from TCU

I like Dye at ILB too in coverage; Need OT/OL depth and DE too
    I like Ervin as a play or two a game guy to change it up. Jones and Williams are the best duo weíve ever had. We are good. So many other upgrades needed.

I donít think Higgins will be there. Iím actually thinking maybe we move up in the second or back into the 2nd with our 1st for another depth pick later and picking the WR or Myrrary who ever is gonna fall

We desperately need an ILB that can run. There are a variety of reasons they ran the ball so well, but a big one was that Martinez is just way too slow. So many of those outside runs he was unblocked on and couldn't make a play. And when you don't have to account for the ilb on run plays it frees up an OL to double or go elsewhere. Maybe Murray is the pick in the first or maybe we can grab someone in FA. I've been firmly on the Martinez is average at best bandwagon and I hope tonight was the final nail in the coffin, espeically if hes looking for a decent sized deal.

Both Smith bros struggled to set the edge. Hopefully Gary cna take a step in that department and be used to spell P for sure in games like this.

The DL needs help too obviously, but the perimeter was a bigger deal tonight and it was that comes from the backers. Savage needs to be better tackling, but I'm confident he can improve.

Z Smith rushed up field 4 yards and DE Lowry/Lancaster were dominated creating cutback lanes Martinez was too slow to get to. Perfect storm. Niners only had to throw 8 times lol. Just an *****-whoopin

Agreed, really showed that we have a big lack of talent on the D-line after Kenny Clark.

Here are my list of needs before free agency
    1)WR 2)D-Line 3)TE 4)ILB (possibly 1 if we don't keep Martinez) 5) O-Line depth 6)Special Teams

I always like the idea of trading back to pick up an extra early third or something along those lines. We have #30 pick so maybe a team with multiple 2nd or thirds like Miami, Indy, Denver, Atlanta, or Seattle.
    Here is my Mock with a trade where we send 30 and our 5th to Denver for 46, 83, and 96

2(46)WR Tyler Johnson Big, fast, great hands. Will likely fall due to all the top talent at WR.
    2(62)ILB Troy Dye There are 4 or 5 nice ILB in the second round range so one should drop.
    3(83)TE Cole Kmet Bigger and would make a nice 1/2 with Sternberger
    3(94)DL Jordan Elliot I don't know much about the D-Line prospects after the top couple
    3(96)WR Devin Duverney It would be nice to get a slot and an outside player.

Adding for the extra picks would allow us to build better depth and still have the 5 picks or so later in the draft for O-line and possibly special teams.

Part of the challenge is it was the edge guys that got destroyed the most and we aren't replacing those guys any time soon. DL talent can help, but their best work in the run game all came off tackle and short of getting a freakishly quick penetrator like Aaron Donald, the DL isn't going to stop those runs alot. Not saying a DL upgrade isn't needed, but the edge domination was frustrating. Need Gary to take a step as edge setter vs the run always seemed like the spot he'd make his biggest impact early.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast