Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    chatzy is still up if you guys want to hang out. I will be in and out of the chat cause I have to go to work but, the room is still there.

This draft makes absolutely no sense. Take a QB who isn't going to make impact for at least 2 years, AT LEAST 2 years. We take a RB while having 3 on the roster already, We take a TE who was probably drafted higher than should have been, we take an ILB, which is a need, who is basically another Blake Martinez, then the Packers draft 3 straight interior OLinemen 2 of which have some big weaknesses. they have only 2 more picks and still have not picked a player who fills a need at WR and I could argue a second ILB and depth at EDGE.

Well, in what was considered one of the deepest drafts for the WR position, the packers took absolutely zero WRs

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    Well, in what was considered one of the deepest drafts for the WR position, the packers took absolutely zero WRs
    Going to have to count on EQ coming back strong and maybe this CFL guy will flash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Canít believe we didnít take 1 ****ing wide receiver. I honestly donít get it. Might as well just let Rodgers walk at this point. This organization has done him zero favors through the majority of his career. Wouldnít be surprised if we are the bottom dwellers in the division soon. (Yes Iím venting)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    Canít believe we didnít take 1 ****ing wide receiver. I honestly donít get it. Might as well just let Rodgers walk at this point. This organization has done him zero favors through the majority of his career. Wouldnít be surprised if we are the bottom dwellers in the division soon. (Yes Iím venting)
    Everything you say looks completely accurate to me. You forgot to mention that through the entire 2020 draft, that there wasn't a single impact player taken. Unless our new offensive plan is 4 yards up the middle and a cloud of dust that is. As sad as it sounds, I think I like our UDFA's better than our draft picks even up. Granted someone in the 6th round will likely become a player. When you draft 3 consecutive O-Linemen, at least 1 is likely to hit. Kind of like shooting a bird with a shot gun, your unlikely to completely miss.

so I know post draft grades are pretty useless but, the highest grade I have seen so far for the Packers draft is a C

walterfootball went as far as grading each pick as such

Jordan Love - O'Brien Grade (i'm assuming this means that this is as bad as what Bill O"brien would do)
    AJ Dillion - O'Brien Grade
    Josiah Deguara - Belichick's dog grade
    Kamal Martin - C-
    Jon Runyan Jr. - B
    Jake Hanson - A
    Simon Stepaniak - B
    Vernon Scott - C-
    Jonathan Garvin - B+

so according to walterfootball our top 3 picks were so bad they didn't even deserve a letter grade

All I have to say is this draft/offseason is Gutes career defying moment. If it doesnít pan out then his *** needs to go. Along with Mark Murphy too.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    Maybe as one of the few fans, not royally irked by this draft. Call me overly optimistic. I disagree who after Mims was gone could you say quantifiably was going to make this roster? Bowden still raw and likely needs development time, Edwards has injury concerns, maybe Duvernay would have made the cut, but he went before they could nab him. What may be telling is if they add a Taylor Gabriel or another free agent cheap. Sure we could have added a DPJ, but how is he that much different than what we have in the house? Someone with his athletic skill set falling there is a reason behind it which most of likely don't get without access to advanced scouting.

Would I like to have seen a WR, absolutely, I think they are really high on Allen Lazard as they should be. Second, MVS was a project receiver he's entering into a crucial third year. MVS I think is going to be given a full chance to break out. I know some of you say last year should have been it, but he's a third-year player who has significantly more rapport with QB1 than any of the other specs coming in. Rodgers hasn't always gelled with rookie receivers, the question would be doing we risk-taking this pick here or improve another area of the team? They went on the later. I personally still have hopes for St. Brown. Devin Funchess, I think they believe in him. Lastly, factor in the OTA situation and potentially limited camp rookie receivers will be a group highly impacted by this. Do I think they favor most of this group over Mims and above no, but afterward I would emphatically say yes? Even if they add a FA or make a trade, it's likely they looked at the board and said we can get a better guy who will maximize now. I can say with a good amount of certainty if they signed Taylor Gabriel he would have a better impact than most rookies taken in the 3rd on down. They may not be content with the WR groups, but after Mims, it was hard to put a Lynn Bowden as a lock to beat out Lazard, MVS, and St. Brown. Agree with the choice or not they were saying after Denzel Mims didn't fall to us any other pick would have been a dog and pony show for PR.

But they could of had almost any wr they wanted in the first round and passed. Now Iím not opposed to them taking Love if they think heís the guy and looking towards the future but it would have to happen pretty quick to make sense. And they did nothing to help Rodgers this upcoming season.

My biggest complaint is that our two biggest issues last year was playmakers on offense and stopping the run on defense and we did nothing to help fix those two issues

But they could of had almost any wr they wanted in the first round and passed. Now Iím not opposed to them taking Love if they think heís the guy and looking towards the future but it would have to happen pretty quick to make sense. And they did nothing to help Rodgers this upcoming season.

My biggest complaint is that our two biggest issues last year was playmakers on offense and stopping the run on defense and we did nothing to help fix those two issues
    this is the biggest problem... we literally did nothing for our 2 biggest weaknesses lol... at this point just trade rodgers to the pats/redskins/browns etc and get as much as you can for both his sake and ours.... we legit just wasted the career of what could have been the best QB ever. There is 0 reason to keep rodgers when yes we could make the playoffs but we will be ousted quickly and what good will that do?

All I have to say is this draft/offseason is Gutes career defying moment. If it doesnít pan out then his *** needs to go. Along with Mark Murphy too.
    I agree with this. Theyíve pretty well set the stage to run Rodgers out. Which is fine if this draft is somehow a whole lot better than it looks. Thereís absolutely zero wiggle room here, though. Huge gamble on Guteís part. These guys better be every inch as good as he thinks. Or he just got the entire organization fired.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Is he actually a wr, or is he a rb just pretending?

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast