Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    One of the draft guys tweeted that many of the teams are throwing out the agility scores for wr's at the combine. Due to the schedule change and the attempt to get wr's in prime time, it was a super long day and agility drills were the last thing to run. Alot of seemingly agile guys, like reagor and Jeudy, posted really poor scores. Teams don't think those times are representative of those players.
    Teams would be dumb to overlook them because of one bad test, but I also think there is a risk in both prospects. I don't think either are on the Packers radar. They don't check the boxes. Granted if Jeudy fell to 30 it would be hard to pass, but then again this draft is supposed to be full of surprises. I don't think Jeudy will be one. If he falls to 30 I would begin to wonder what's really wrong with him.

I don't think they break away from their type WR their type is bigger, faster, and athletic. As I comb through this draft class unless they stray from their type we are looking at Brandon Aiyuk, Chase Claypool, Denzel Mims, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Henry Ruggs, Justin Jefferson, Michael Pittman Jr. I would expect either Ruggs, Jefferson, Aiyuk, Mims, Claypool, Pittman, or Peoples-Jones to be one of the Packers 1st two picks. I may have missed a guy, but their window to get a WR which fits their "type" is pretty narrow, but gives them flex to wait into the 2nd as well if they like a guy better in the first. If they draft a receiver outside of this group listed I would be extraordinarily shocked.

Another name to maybe watch is Antonio Gibson, RB/WR hybrid who checks the box for the team as well.

Reagor had an insane showing at his virtual pro day. Even if you apply the always faster at the pro day standard stipulations, he would still be considered crazy athletic.

And it's hard to say what our profile is. Gute is a Ted guy and reagor excedes the Randall Cobb measurables in virtually every way. And he is pretty darn close to Ruggs in alot of stuff, especially with his pro day numbers. I wouldnt be shocked if he took reagor at all.

I think too it's hard to say exactly what gute is looking for since hes only grabbed fairly late guys. Ted was so what similar. When Ted took late shots, like Janis and Charles Johnson, he too often took athletic freaks. But his 2nd and 3rs round guys weren't neccesarily freaks. And while they all shared some similar traits and were fairly well rounded, Greg Jennings was only 5'11" with short arms, so it's hard to say for sure he'd steer clear of a guy who's within a half an inch of Jennings (with longer arms) and taller than Cobb. Especially since we haven't seen gute draft an early wr and our head coach has said he wants a basketball team at wr (in the sense that he wants a variety of sizes, speeds and skillsets.)

Cant speak to Jennings, was too young to profile him before NFL. There were plenty of things in Cobbs profile which made him a fit. Cobb was far more polished. Better hands, can press the line or go vertical. There was a competitiveness i don't see in Reagor. Big thing too Cobb could block. There's more. Reagor athletic profil doesn't match his skill, especially his ball skills.

Maybe I'm just not a Reagor guy and don't want to see the fit, but he looks like a bad fit for a Packer. The exceptions to the rule for Green Bay have a handful of traits which triumph over the lack of size.

I read somewhere today Jeudy may actually fall, not sure how to fall. There is some sort of injury on his teams haven't been able to clear up.

If we are looking RT of the future we are likely looking Austin Jackson, Ezra Cleveland, Matthew Peart, Jack Driscoll, Mekhi Beckton early. At LB I have heard Baun and Gay, as crew suggested, are actually potentially in play. Logan Wilson and Carter Coughlin a few mid-round guys to watch for. However, don't write off a guy like Jeremy Chinn or Tanner Muse type players either.

It should be a fun draft to see who goes in spots no one expects them to go this year.

Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    Cant speak to Jennings, was too young to profile him before NFL. There were plenty of things in Cobbs profile which made him a fit. Cobb was far more polished. Better hands, can press the line or go vertical. There was a competitiveness i don't see in Reagor. Big thing too Cobb could block. There's more. Reagor athletic profil doesn't match his skill, especially his ball skills.

Maybe I'm just not a Reagor guy and don't want to see the fit, but he looks like a bad fit for a Packer. The exceptions to the rule for Green Bay have a handful of traits which triumph over the lack of size.
    Cobb had better hands and could block, I'll give you those two. But reagor is a more dynamic athlete, even than a young Cobb. And at least some of reagors drop issues stem from concentration. We haven't shied away from those types as that applied to jordy, Jones and Adams early in their careers. Reagor is never going to have the best hands in the league, but he makes up for it with his play making.

And reagor suffered from awful qb play last year. According to PFF, reagor finished 118 out of 120 in catchable ball percentage (as in percent of targets pff labeled as catchable). I really think had he had a better qb where he could have actually anticipated a good throw more often than not, he'd be viewed publically higher. His catch radius isn't great. He's a good leaper and has some highlights of making some big contested catches, but that's not how he's going to win. I think there's an easy fit in the offense as an instance playmaker and downfield threat.

Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    I read somewhere today Jeudy may actually fall, not sure how to fall. There is some sort of injury on his teams haven't been able to clear up.

If we are looking RT of the future we are likely looking Austin Jackson, Ezra Cleveland, Matthew Peart, Jack Driscoll, Mekhi Beckton early. At LB I have heard Baun and Gay, as crew suggested, are actually potentially in play. Logan Wilson and Carter Coughlin a few mid-round guys to watch for. However, don't write off a guy like Jeremy Chinn or Tanner Muse type players either.

It should be a fun draft to see who goes in spots no one expects them to go this year.
    Daniel Jeremiah had a tweet earlier saying he talked to a bunch of GMs and got a feel that 4 guys are going to go earlier than most mocks think. They were Austin Jackson, Reagor, Trevon Diggs and Darrell Taylor from Tenn. Someone commented on Jackson and he said Jackson could go top 15. I don't see it, but that's the buzz allegedly.

I also don't see Becton falling that far. Tunsil still went 13 and his video was worse too since we all saw it and it came out draft day, so teams really couldn't ask questions. And now, tunsil has had zero problems and is likely to become the highest paid tackle in history. Teams are super intrigued by Becton too given his absurd size and movement ability at that size.

Driscoll is a guy who intrigues me. I think he tumbles a bit because he isn't a phenomenal athlete like guys like Peart are. I wouldnt take him in the 2nd or anything, but if we dont go tackle early, he's a guy I could see after a year in the weight room turning into a rock solid, albeit unspectacular pro. And honestly, if he slips into the 4th, it wouldnt shock me.

As for ilb, I like akeem Davis-Gaither too. He's a bit Oren Burks like, and that didn't work out super well, but hes a standard sub LB in today's nfl. I think he can slice some gaps, but you'll have to try to keep blocks off him.

I actually think ilb is deeper and better than most people originally thought. The assumption was (unless you think baun is an ilb) that Simmons is a top 10 guy, queen and Murray are 20-35 types and then there wasn't much. I've heard good things about Wilson. If Simmons wasn't such a freak, gay's workout might have gotten more hype. ADG has some nice traits. Jordyn brooks has some traits too. He has virtually 0 experience dropping into coverage, but is a good athlete and a good run defender.

Honestly Iím coming around to OT at 30... I think it could be the safer pick. Queen or Murray if they fall. But after that maybe just take the safer pick. And a starting OT still provides immediate impact to this team.

Hell a run stuffing DE could do the same too.... lol my heads spinning

Thing is you shouldn't need to spend a 1st round pick on a run stuffer. Run only guys are usually available in the mid rounds as teams prioritize pass rushing ability early.

And I'm pro OT early too, but I honestly expect Wagner to start if healthy. But it will be a need soon. Unforunately we have a few spots that could use an immediate upgrade, but generally speaking, you shouldn't be drafting for immediate impact.

Even if we take an ilb early, I don't expect him to be a 90% of the snaps player early unless kirksey is hurt.

WR is sort of the same. I'd love for a Terry McLaurin to come in and immediately make a fairly consistent impact. But I don't think that's super likely. I think it's more likely we get a deebo Samuel who is a package guy early but expands his role as the year goes on. And that's almost regardless of who we take. Maybe Jefferson would come in abd immediately be the full time slot. But I still expect even lazard to be ahead of a rookie early given his familiarity he has with Rodgers.

In terms of DL I'm hearing the Packers are looking at Ross Blacklock closely. Also exploring Raekwon Davis, but Davis may be more of a see if he falls to the magic number in round 2 and trade up.

Andy Herman had an article this morning with a mock and then 10 guys he thinks the packers are targeting and 10 he doesn't think. While I don't agree fully with his lists, he does have Blacklock as the top guy on his not interested list, due to his pretty poor sparw athleticism scores, which is something gute espeically has prioritized in his drafts. This year will be interesting as some of that data is incomplete and most guys didnt get a 2nd chance to showcase themselves if they didn't test well initially.

Saw an interesting tweet recently that the vikings, who are a big fan of analytics in scouting, had their staff attempting to estimate athletic testing times based upon a bunch of stuff on film. I have to imagine alot of teams are doing something like that and I'm curious to see if a team is able to successfully put that together, if something like that replaces true athletic tests for some teams, since it would be a specific measure of play speeds and times and not the times on a very rigid drill that guys spend months training for where one tiny, almost unnoticeable slip can change the time drastically.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 04-22-2020 at 10:40 AM.

I don't buy the lack of athleticism thing, it seems the Packers are much more in RAS measurements which Blacklock is above average with a 7.89 which puts him athletically in Kenny Clark territory who was a 7.55. I think Herman is off on that one. I think when it comes to DL though athleticism isn't the biggest quality. His SPARQ drops a little because of an average score for burst and agility. But Kenny Clark doesn't have a great testable burst. SPARQ is pretty irrelevant in my book for IDL. What concerns me about Blacklock is the 2018 Achilles injury.

I also forgot to mention Marlon Davidson is being linked to the Packers too. It sounds like they will be moving a lot so we will have to see the haul they can get.

I want one of Jefferson, Aiyuk, Kenneth Murray, and Josh Jones in first. I think Jones will be the only one available.

I'm predicting Jones in the first and trade up in second for a WR in the second group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know this is a super unpopular opinion, espeically amongst packers fans, but I'm actually not a huge Jefferson fan. He's a really good slot wr but he struggled on the outside. He also benefitted from being in one of the most talented offenses in CFB. His QB is going #1 overall. The other WR on his team isn't draft eligible, but I truly believe Chase would be WR1 in this draft and could easily go top 10 next year. His RB could be the top RB off the board and is going to be a 2nd rounder at worst. Moss is going to get drafted, probably 4th-6th round somewhere. And their offensive mastermind now has an NFL OC job.

I do think Jefferson is getting slightly inflated due to being part of that historic LSU offense. And he's a slot guy. In today's nfl, that's not a bad thing, but alot guys also aren't the most difficult thing to find either. Like there's a decent chance he's pretty similar to say Tyler Boyd. Which isn't a bad thing by any means, but I'm not sure that's exactly what I'd be dying for at pick 30 either. I wouldnt be upset but it seems like a big chunk of packers Twitter would act like we had the greatest draft of all time if we took Jefferson.

It would be fascinating but obviously impossible to tell, but if we could enter the matrix and swap say aiyuk and Jefferson last year, give aiyuk the supporting cast and qb that Jefferson had and send Jefferson down to ASU, I think most fans opinions of the two guys would be very different.

And this isn't neccesarily bashing Jefferson. I'm not saying he would be like a 4th rounder if he went somewhere else, but hes mocked as high as 21 to Philly and I see that alot. Not sure that would be the case if he played at Baylor, TCU, ASU, or even USC last year.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 04-23-2020 at 11:33 AM.

There's been some buzz for awhile, but it seems to be coming out a bit more and more but the packers allegedly love Jordyn brooks. It's a strange year man, but I've also found some tweets that said based upon some current rumors, there's a guy who said he wouldn't at all be surprised if brooks and Logan wilson are taken over Queen.

This is going to be a fascinating draft. Have heard some buzz about a "historic" OT run too where you may see a bunch go super early. It's going to be really wierd but with all the rumors, I am more and more excited about trading down. Having an extra late 3rd or early 4th could be huge. And it could help us move around more yet too.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast