Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    961

    2020 Draft Prospects

    WR, OL, ILB, and DT are potential needs as of now.

    The WR class is unreal and the Tackle class is shaping up to be a nice one. Really have to address ILB and it might be time to grab someone early. DT is a secondary need, maybe they can address it in FA but its a group they should look to improve upon.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    11,497
    He'll be long gone by the time we pick, but coming into the season, Isaiah Simmons was my dream pick. He would be so phenomenal in this system. He's probably playing well enough to be a top 15 pick though.

    Assuming Ted's health hasn't deteriorated too much, we should just lock him in a room with WR tape and give him the 2nd round pick. For all the hate that dude got at the end, he drafted 5 WRs in the 2nd round and 4 of the 5 went on to be pro bowlers and the only one who didn't was terrence Murphy who had that career ending injury early in his career.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Schofield, WI
    Posts
    2,775
    Add DE to list. Pack need upgrade over Lowry, Lancaster and what we've seen of Adams. Keke too early to tell rn.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    11,497
    I truly think an upgrade at ilb makes our DL look better too. Our DL's job in alot of cases is to keep the Ilb clean. If we had a better ilb who could make plays when they keep him clean, it changes blocking schemes and helps the line. If the ilb reads faster or gets to the hole faster, he theoretically makes more plays. And that should cause the game plan to change which would minimize the amount or length of combo blocks out DL has to put up with.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Schofield, WI
    Posts
    2,775
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I truly think an upgrade at ilb makes our DL look better too. Our DL's job in alot of cases is to keep the Ilb clean. If we had a better ilb who could make plays when they keep him clean, it changes blocking schemes and helps the line. If the ilb reads faster or gets to the hole faster, he theoretically makes more plays. And that should cause the game plan to change which would minimize the amount or length of combo blocks out DL has to put up with.
    Fair, either way I think DE could use an upgrade. Lowry, Lancaster etc. aren't anything more than avg.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    906
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Assuming Ted's health hasn't deteriorated too much, we should just lock him in a room with WR tape and give him the 2nd round pick. For all the hate that dude got at the end, he drafted 5 WRs in the 2nd round and 4 of the 5 went on to be pro bowlers and the only one who didn't was terrence Murphy who had that career ending injury early in his career.
    he might complain we are not showing him tapes of D1 defensive backs. i would not have an issue with drafting a WR in 2020. we had to see if there was any wheat in all the chaff we had. i do not know if it will be a high pick though. O line needs some new blood as well as D line. i think ILB will be a later round pick if not a FA.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    11,497
    OL depends on what we do with Bulaga. Outside of LA he's been phenomenal this year. If he's back you're probably not finding a huge upgrade in the draft. I'm fine taking a developmental guy in the mid rounds but not an early pick. If Bulaga is gone then we probably go tackle early.

    I'd be shocked if we don't go wr in the first 3 rounds unless we sign someone. It's our 2nd weakest position group behind ILB and I don't see much upside in that group to develop a #2 from there.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    961
    Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    Add DE to list. Pack need upgrade over Lowry, Lancaster and what we've seen of Adams. Keke too early to tell rn.
    Agreed. Our ends are what I had in mind when listing DT there. Lowry was extended so heís here but he hasnít been that impactful and neither has anyone else.

    Maybe Pettine needs to go more traditional 3-4 fronts with Kenny in the middle of Lowry and Adams. But if he wants to keep going 2 man fronts then we really should look to improve from those 2. Raekwon Davis could be a nice fit. Has incredible size and occupies so much space. And heís a real threat on passing downs, something our group (outside clark) doesnít have much of. I know we see Z and sometimes Gary jump inside on those downs but maybe you donít have to as much if you have a real gap penetrating 3T like Davis can be.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    961
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    OL depends on what we do with Bulaga. Outside of LA he's been phenomenal this year. If he's back you're probably not finding a huge upgrade in the draft. I'm fine taking a developmental guy in the mid rounds but not an early pick. If Bulaga is gone then we probably go tackle early.

    I'd be shocked if we don't go wr in the first 3 rounds unless we sign someone. It's our 2nd weakest position group behind ILB and I don't see much upside in that group to develop a #2 from there.

    Im praying Gute breaks the no 3rd contract trend and just re-signs Bulaga. It makes very little sense to try to find a new RT to go into Rodgers 36 year old season with. Continuity is huge and theres enough space to keep him. Alex light hasnít been bad in a pinch. Then yea add a swing tackle at some point, prob by throwing a couple day 3 darts.

    Then if OL isnít a major need they can easily target a 1st or 2nd round WR. Jeudy and Lamb are surefire 1sts definitely out of our range already. Ruggs and Higgins are guys youíd probably have to take with your 1st if you want them. Devonta Smith had another huge game today, i wonder if he decides to declare. Tyler Johnson and KJ Hill are experienced Big ten guys. Its such a great class to need a WR, hopefully all the Juniors declare.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    11,497
    I hope if we do look at wr, we look at a true slot type. Lately we've been taking shots at big/fast vertical guys. Mvs is that guy. Lazard isn't phenomenally fast, but he's an outside guy who runs alot of vertical stem routes. I want someone who can seperate quickly underneath and a guy who's actually a threat to make some guys miss and make a big play once and awhile. Basically we need Cobb before injures sapped his athleticism. Not sure where he's ultimately going to fall and hell probably go earlier than I'm comfortable with, but kj hamler from Penn state is so intriguing to me.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,053
    WR and ILB is our two biggest priorities imo.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    11,497
    Quote Originally Posted by Sdh09e44 View Post
    Agreed. Our ends are what I had in mind when listing DT there. Lowry was extended so heís here but he hasnít been that impactful and neither has anyone else.

    Maybe Pettine needs to go more traditional 3-4 fronts with Kenny in the middle of Lowry and Adams. But if he wants to keep going 2 man fronts then we really should look to improve from those 2. Raekwon Davis could be a nice fit. Has incredible size and occupies so much space. And heís a real threat on passing downs, something our group (outside clark) doesnít have much of. I know we see Z and sometimes Gary jump inside on those downs but maybe you donít have to as much if you have a real gap penetrating 3T like Davis can be.
    Saw a stat that against the chargers, when we had 1 ilb in the game, they ran it 27 times for 146 yards. When we had 2 ilb in, they ran it 11 times for 13 yards. That stat is a bit skewed because they had 2 1 yard rushing tds that obviously cap the yards you can get. But either way, the 1 ilb formations are killing our run defense. And it's hard to blame pettine too much because Goodson, who's a better run defender, can't cover anyone. And Martinez struggles in coverage too. So if we're playimg an athletic tight end, it's a risk to play 2 ilb.

    That's why to me, a legit 3 down ilb would be so game changing. It would likely go a long way towards fixing put biggest issue, which basically is pick your poison. Go 2 ilb and get torched by tight ends or go 1 ilb and get torched on the ground.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    961
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I hope if we do look at wr, we look at a true slot type. Lately we've been taking shots at big/fast vertical guys. Mvs is that guy. Lazard isn't phenomenally fast, but he's an outside guy who runs alot of vertical stem routes. I want someone who can seperate quickly underneath and a guy who's actually a threat to make some guys miss and make a big play once and awhile. Basically we need Cobb before injures sapped his athleticism. Not sure where he's ultimately going to fall and hell probably go earlier than I'm comfortable with, but kj hamler from Penn state is so intriguing to me.
    He had a sick game last weekend. He returns kicks too i think so that fills another hole. He's only 20, hopefully he declares. I want this class to be as stacked as possible. Jalen Reagor could fill the slot role too

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    11,497
    Quote Originally Posted by Sdh09e44 View Post
    He had a sick game last weekend. He returns kicks too i think so that fills another hole. He's only 20, hopefully he declares. I want this class to be as stacked as possible. Jalen Reagor could fill the slot role too
    Hamler is interesting. His question marks are injury history and size. Unless he gets hurt this year, going back to school doesn't fix those issues. So going back likely doesn't help the evaluation of him a ton. That being said, it's a phenomenally strong wr class, so that could be a deterrent.

    He's having a down ish year, but laviska shenault is another name I've seen associated with the packers as a do it all type of athlete.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    961
    https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles...mplete-package

    Jacob Phillips from LSU is another nice ILB prospect. Has shown 3 down ability. Comes from an elite program. Will have played in 31 games too, and thats before the playoffs so he's got a lot of experience too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •