Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mod Issues

Mod Issues

So i cross the line no doubt and i have deserved my infractions but a mod tried to just infract me in the sixers area for dodging the filter by calling korkmaz korkshit during a game last week all because we are in a debate about ben simmons mostly because he is so angry i am negative but factual about ben simmons.... Have we really become so childish and petty on this site that we have to look for reasons to infract people just because someone doesnt like the negative comments about one of their own teams players?

Its our own team area and i have been in a ton of areas and never once have i seen someone actually go back a week and try to infract someone for dodging the filter like this... hell i have seen the lakers/eagles/flyers/cubs/dodgers/giants areas say much much worse and never has it gone down like this where mods are so childish that they cant deal with comments made about their home team players by a home team fan..... wow ben simmons cant shoot... let me go find a post where a rule is dodged so i can get back at this poster and abuse my power in such a childish way.

and we wonder why the site is losing members

here is the area

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...9#post33236679

I am out.... i will just stick with reddit.

MTM,

You dodged the filter. We agreed that we would give you a warning. Multiple mods/supers and both Rush and myself said that you are a good guy, and can sometimes get carried away with things. So we agreed to send out a warning. You aren't being infracted for it yet, just as long as it doesn't continue to happen.

As far as other areas go, I will make sure that I take a look into those forums. We are in the process of trying to adjust things with the moderators and TMs, and I will make sure we are making sure this rule is enforced across the entire forum.

The mod didn't try to infract you in this case. It was just a pm warning to remind you to not dodge the filter in the future. It's an alternative we take to infractions and official warnings if we feel the poster doesn't have a lengthy history, the violation isn't serious, and/or we feel the poster would adhere to the pm. You checked those boxes.

I get it but am sticking to what i stated... You know i love me some PSD and you 2 are 2 of my fav people and i have always stated you 2 are the best things to happen to this site in a long time.... I have never worried about my own infractions if i deserved them etc and have defended mods down the line when it was warranted but i feel like we are now on a slippery slope.... i give no real ****s about Mods like War etc and have no personal issues with them from my own stand point but you guys need to find a middle ground...... the over modding is driving people away and i get you are trying to bring new people in but its just causing others like riv etc to walk and there is quite a few posters that are probably gonna follow... I have never seen this place give a **** about dodging filters in our own team areas and mods actually trying to infract without giving any type of warning.... Say what you want but War in that thread never gave a warning because he knew exactly what he was doing... 1 post after i said kork **** of him saying chill I would have stopped but he had his agenda and he ran to say OMG we should in fract him before you guys shut it down.... do you see the issue? 1 post at the time instead of an edit where i never saw the edit because i post during games and am active the horror.... No poster should need other mods/admins to come to their defense in this situation because 1 guy is trying to be an ***...

I thanked both of you and i meant it but all it would have taken is 1 post saying you are dodging the filter chill out please and I would have said fair enough my bad but instead **** needed to escalate because someone is super petty. Whats done is done and its fine but i do love PSD and I know you guys are trying to bring in more people but you guys gotta find a middle ground.... so many people hate the over modding man.... we understood it in the main areas but now we need to worry in the team areas about saying something as silly as kork **** which wouldnt be an issue if i hit spacebar or a mod didnt have an axe to grind because he was so damn petty?

Let me ask you guys this... when did war come to you guys about me dodging the filter? I bet you it was days after when i pissed him off right? Anywho no need to even answer... Thanks my dudes and I really hope the site keeps pushing forward.

funny how korkshit didnt bother him in post 61 right? It was literally a post about Korkmaz by the way... NA he waited until he got pissed off to use his power when he knew i posted a ton during the game thread and wouldnt check back... Imagine if he himself sent me a message saying stop doing this and didnt put it in an edit pages back............ but that would defeat the purpose right? a mod doing his ****ing job and telling a poster to chill instead of running to try and infract him etc before being over ruled.

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...The-Year/page5
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 11-07-2019 at 05:33 AM.

The post before post 61 where I said Korkshit that didnt get deleted and man the baiting/trolling in this and all from a poster that hates cussing etc but is cool with doing it as long as the filter saves his ***.. the horror. The funny thing is like I told rush I could basically show so many posts in the sixers area where I am insulted and so on and the mods in there have done nothing but now they respond after a debate where they are triggered for dodging a filter lmfao... And I am suppose to be alright with that?

Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Whaaa, my 3-0 team isn't 3-0 enough. Dear lord. Elton is showing crap ability to build a team for the second year in a row. Embiid, Horford, O'Quinn, Bolden are all centers. When Embiid or Horford are out, that puts Thybulle in the starting lineup. It leaves Ennis and Korkmaz as the bench wings.

If you want to blame Brown for anything, lets get on him for Burke/Neto not playing at all when JRich is struggling as the 'backup' PG.

You do this same **** year after year of complaining about Brown having to play guys because the roster is constructed in a way that they have to play. Also *****ing about a guy that's been a net positive across the board is silly.

thank god the filter saved his ***... like I said good **** and thanks. I sent my pms and said my peace. I legit hope the site keeps going forward and you guys keep doing the great job you guys do outside of a few dumb *** mods that pick and choose when to use their power.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 11-07-2019 at 05:56 AM.

I hate to see you leave, but the moderator did the right thing in this instance. I advised you in the PM to me to look back at some of your posts. I saw at least three instances where your filter dodge was edited, with a note left by the moderator in question so you would see it.

After you continued to dodge the filter, which is against the rules, it was reported and we discussed that, since you just needed a reminder to avoid doing this and would get back on track, that everything would be fine.

Let's go ahead and quote the rule here so we have it out in the open

3. Foul language/Filter Dodging - 1 infraction point
    The forums have a filter to keep out certain curse words. This is to keep the forum quality high, user friendly, and not violate the terms and conditions of the advertising networks. Please do not go around the filters. If you are angry during a game and curse, let the word filter out. The moderators will likely not give you trouble for this unless it becomes constant. This does not mean however you can start cursing at other posters. That is flaming/baiting. Writing anything like "banned" underneath your username will also count as going around the filters.
    Sometimes we curse and the filter gets it. We continually add to the filter from time to time when things come up that seem to be an accident and someone thought something would be filtered and it's not. Sometimes I've been so frustrated with my teams that I've probably had something filtered (I know I use a term in the wrestling forum that gets filtered from time to time too.) . But as I look through that thread, things were becoming excessive.

So instead of just infracting you for it, we did what we've been trying to do for the past few years. We first edited it out of a few of your posts, and then sent you a reminder PM not to do it. It wasn't even a warning within the vBulletin system. So I really don't understand why you're going to leave, when we've done exactly as we've promised in providing leniency to users in situations like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBerti View Post
    Everybody hurts sometimes
    Everybody hurts someday,
    But everything gon' be alright... dinosaur game
    Lofl

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Nunuu was banned for no reason, received no infractions and got a lifetime ban?? Name does not even appear in the Village of the banned??

Mods abusing their power is the reason this forum is dying.
    Last edited by pootienunu; 11-09-2019 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pootienunu View Post
    Nunuu was banned for no reason, received no infractions and got a lifetime ban?? Name does not even appear in the Village of the banned??

Mods abusing their power is the reason this forum is dying.
    The thought was that you were a spam bot because a post made was almost word for word the same as another post earlier in the thread, which is something that happens with the spam bots.

But while we are here, for someone who just recently joined, you know quite a bit about PSD and have some strong opinions. Why might that be?

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    The thought was that you were a spam bot because a post made was almost word for word the same as another post earlier in the thread, which is something that happens with the spam bots.

But while we are here, for someone who just recently joined, you know quite a bit about PSD and have some strong opinions. Why might that be?
    Where is this ghost post? And really just joined?? My other account Nunuu was banned for no reason i dont see any post that is even close to word for word. And I was a member since 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by pootienunu View Post
    Where is this ghost post? And really just joined?? My other account Nunuu was banned for no reason i dont see any post that is even close to word for word. And I was a member since 2011.
    After looking into it a bit more, it appears we made a mistake. Your account will be unlocked, please don't use this one from here on out.

On behalf of the staff, I apologize for that happening to you.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    After looking into it a bit more, it appears we made a mistake. Your account will be unlocked, please don't use this one from here on out.

On behalf of the staff, I apologize for that happening to you.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I am out.... i will just stick with reddit.
    Don't be foolish!

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Don't be foolish!
    na i am good... ima just stay out of the sixers nba area and completely ignore power hungry mods who take online insanely serious.... i talked to several mods about the overall issues and am just gonna drop it and move on. No big deal.

Also sorry to Thomas and Rush and thanks for having my back and not letting something silly get infracted. I will watch dodging any filters.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 11-10-2019 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    na i am good... ima just stay out of the sixers nba area and completely ignore power hungry mods who take online insanely serious.... i talked to several mods about the overall issues and am just gonna drop it and move on. No big deal.

Also sorry to Thomas and Rush and thanks for having my back and not letting something silly get infracted. I will watch dodging any filters.
    Don't thank us. Every mod, including the one you think is out to get you elected to give you a pass. But you do need to watch the filter dodging. The rule is in place for a reason from the folks who run the site, and we have to make sure they are followed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast