Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mod Issues

yup yup... i will be good.

Is it ok for Mods of other forums to come into your specific forum that your are Mod/TM at and delete posts, etc? A mod from another forum came into the Lakers forum and did this. I know we are all new mods to our forum, but just want some clarification. I know TT and Rush are allowed to any forum.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Is it ok for Mods of other forums to come into your specific forum that your are Mod/TM at and delete posts, etc? A mod from another forum came into the Lakers forum and did this. I know we are all new mods to our forum, but just want some clarification. I know TT and Rush are allowed to any forum.
    That's usually a supermod who would do that and that's ok. That's usually in response to a reported post we've received and they're just cleaning up an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    That's usually a supermod who would do that and that's ok. That's usually in response to a reported post we've received and they're just cleaning up an issue.
    Ok thanks Rush.

I swear like a sailor irl, but, a rule is a rule, I have to bite my tongue here a lot, sports make me intense sometimes hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by DethRidesAHorse View Post
    I swear like a sailor irl, but, a rule is a rule, I have to bite my tongue here a lot, sports make me intense sometimes hahaha
    You can swear on here. Just type out the word as it is normally spelled and the filter should catch it. We just don't want to see users going around the filter so the word is visible.

i get it but it does suck to a point... some of us get super excited during a game thread and we post and keep posting and make areas super active and someone like me posts my feelings on a shot etc and keep posting as i watch and i get so excited i dodge the filter at times... i was mad at war but i was wrong about that... i think some do take it way to seriously and should mellow out but as for dodging the filter i think there should be a middle ground.... i know its the rules... but i post a ton during the game as the game goes along and say what you want it helps activity because others call me out and call me an idiot etc or talk crap when sixers/packers/phillies lose etc but i dont double and triple check my posts for when i dodge filters out of excitement...

example..... watching a game winner and going sadhkglbhkgb ohshit .... its not really meant to dodge it its just excitement or something like omg holyshit... you guys want us active but are you really asking us to go back and check post after post or should we just not be as active? someone like me over posts but its not for post count... put me to 0... i just go with my feelings the second something happens and others do as well.... in the main area you guys should 100 percent expect us to be better but man at the same time you guys gotta let posters be posters.

Rush and thomas know how i am... i let my emotions go but i never mean anything by it and i am not the smartest poster here but and this is me being honest... worry more about the posters here over worrying about the people you are bringing in... dont get me wrong i know bringing in people is important but at what cost? i am not saying let us get away with murder... I am saying when its game 7 of the finals and people are talking **** let them go unless it gets super personal.... tell mods to have thicker skin and to relax because tbh posters like riv and others who have walked because of the over modding are more important then the next 5 new posters you get who barely post etc.

With sports comes emotion... if someone doders the filter a few times message them and tell them to relax or watch it and they will... if someone calls another poster a dumbass in a heated moment of a game nomatter their history just warn them to chill... its sports... nobody is actively trying to break the rules most of us just get over excited.

i have had to go back and check my posts everytime i post a few to make sure i haven't dodged the filter by mistake... its not even fun at this point in game threads.... and tbh its not just posters but mods themselves that legit think over policing is an issue.... i am asking you guys to legit find a middle ground and its not just about the dodged filters but overall the quick triggers from mods.... understand the situation and who the poster is and talk to them. I am not looking a gift horse in the mouth because tbh several mods could have banned me a ton but they give the benefit of the doubt where others just want to infract etc
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 11-22-2019 at 04:05 AM.

The S-word shows up whenever it's used in a compound word. That's not filter dodging. That's called not administering the filter correctly. As it stands, only the S-word by itself is filtered. You guys need to alter it so it doesn't show up in compound words too.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

I mean....who really cares about swear words as long as they're not being used in a direct insult? PSD isn't an elementary school show and tell group or a Christian fellowship collective.

Another prime example of over-modding if you ask me. I can't think of a single other site I use where swear words aren't allowed and it literally never causes any sort of issues.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I mean....who really cares about swear words as long as they're not being used in a direct insult? PSD isn't an elementary school show and tell group or a Christian fellowship collective.

Another prime example of over-modding if you ask me. I can't think of a single other site I use where swear words aren't allowed and it literally never causes any sort of issues.
    yup

Hey gŁeys, we can use cuss words in foreign languages.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    The S-word shows up whenever it's used in a compound word. That's not filter dodging. That's called not administering the filter correctly. As it stands, only the S-word by itself is filtered. You guys need to alter it so it doesn't show up in compound words too.
    The way it is set up is that I have to have a certain word, I can't do what you are suggesting. So if someone does what MTM did in question, it is circumventing the filter at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post

It's a rule that's been in place for a long time, with a filter to help it. Advertisers and partners don't want to see a lot of that stuff. So if it's in the rules that NSMP's wants us to enforce, we have to enforce it.

Lame. Just because the rule has been around for a long time, doesn't make it a good rule. One of many aspects of this site that are way behind the times.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast