Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Supposedly Arcega-Whiteside isn't playing because he only got prepared to be Jeffery's backup and the offense is too complicated to move a rookie receiver around. Sounds dumb and I'd honestly rather see him playing than Jordan Matthews.
    So JJ is having an issue picking up the offense. Ah, that makes sense. I havenít looked too much into it but I always kinda wondered why he didnít get more snaps after the lions game.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    It does sound dumb but if he canít grasp the offense there could be major issues with running wrong routes or reading defenses incorrectly. Could lead to Wentz throwing interceptions when he assumes he will run a certain way and he doesnít. If he was on a non competitive team theyíd probably be ok with that happening for him to learn
    Agreed

Your baby can't do this

Eagles bring back Jordan Matthews

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    So JJ is having an issue picking up the offense. Ah, that makes sense. I havenít looked too much into it but I always kinda wondered why he didnít get more snaps after the lions game.
    In situations like that I always wonder, who takes the blame?

Did Howie misjudge the mental aptitude?
    Is Petersonís offense too complicated?
    Is JJ not putting in the work?

(And yes I post this knowing not many rookie WRs are productive)
    Last edited by warfelg; 11-08-2019 at 10:33 AM.

Dez is saying he will be contacting nfl teams in 2 weeks about his availability. I canít see the Eagles not taking a look at the least . A half a Dez is better then the garbage that is Jordan Matthews .

Maybe, maybe not. But as far as I know he's said he would rather not play than go to those places. So far it's also been largely his decision not to play this year (depression and anxiety issues apparently).
    I believe it; depressed because he's old/injured and never learned to win with technique, anxious because he can't play at starting level anymore. He was always so good because of his size and athleticism, now he's just a big guy with iffy hands who can't separate.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Dez is saying he will be contacting nfl teams in 2 weeks about his availability. I canít see the Eagles not taking a look at the least . A half a Dez is better then the garbage that is Jordan Matthews .
    He's on the wrong side of 30 coming off an Achilles injury. Expecting Dez to make a difference at this point in the season isn't happening. At least with Matthews, he presumably knows the system and has a height advantage.

Though expecting either of these guys to be more than #4 WR roster filler is a pipe dream.

Would rather have Matthews, without hesitation.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    In situations like that I always wonder, who takes the blame?

Did Howie misjudge the mental aptitude?
    Is Petersonís offense too complicated?
    Is JJ not putting in the work?

(And yes I post this knowing not many rookie WRs are productive)
    I think itís a coaching staff thing. I think they donít know how to adapt is my guess.

Reason being is Tate came in last year and did absolutely nothing because they couldnít figure out how to utilize him. He didnít fit the way they wanted to so he was bunk.

I feel if heís to replace Alshon then they have zero idea how to get him in differently. Could be JJs issue too being able to learn but going by how the team has had issues getting wide receivers in the flow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Matthews is as close to being the last 1,000 yard receiver we've had.

"I wanna throw it 70 yards to Desean... Give the people what they want."

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Would rather have Matthews, without hesitation.
    Of course YOU would . . But why he stinks . ? Why didnít Philly keep him during his second visit there ?

Of course YOU would . . But why he stinks . ? Why didnít Philly keep him during his second visit there ?
    Mack Hollins was cheaper.

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats
    .542AVG/.562OBP/.889SLG/1.451OPS/21RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)
    Selected to All-Conference Team
    Selected First Team All-District Team
    Selected First Team All-Region Team

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Washed up? He just turned 27. Yikes.
    Can't be washed up if you were never good to begin with. What a waste to trade up and draft him when they could have stayed up and drafted Robinson.

It does sound dumb but if he canít grasp the offense there could be major issues with running wrong routes or reading defenses incorrectly. Could lead to Wentz throwing interceptions when he assumes he will run a certain way and he doesnít. If he was on a non competitive team theyíd probably be ok with that happening for him to learn
    I'd say it has more to do with them pigeonholing him into a specific role.

Jordan Matthews isnít bad heís just not what the eagles need in my opinion. The eagles need a deep threat

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I think itís a coaching staff thing. I think they donít know how to adapt is my guess.

Reason being is Tate came in last year and did absolutely nothing because they couldnít figure out how to utilize him. He didnít fit the way they wanted to so he was bunk.

I feel if heís to replace Alshon then they have zero idea how to get him in differently. Could be JJs issue too being able to learn but going by how the team has had issues getting wide receivers in the flow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree with this for the most part. I still canít believe that groh said ďI donít know how to use tateĒ... what.. this may be more about groh and the coaching staff than it is about JJ. All reports coming out in the preseason was that JJ was by far exceeding everyoneís expectations and then when the regular season game around he just couldnít stay on the field. Just seems odd. Now does JJ need to put in more mental reps? Probably, but I also think the coaching staff has a lot to do with it too.

Your baby can't do this

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast