Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Danielle Hunter was credited with 10 pressures and Everson Griffen had 7.

Highest graded Vikings per PFF:

Offense:

1. Rudolph 86.8
    2. Cook 76.0
    3. Cousins 72.6
    4. Diggs 72.3
    5. Elflein 67.7

Defense:

1. Griffen 78.9
    2. Hunter 74.0
    3. Harris 72.0
    4. Barr 70.9
    5. Odenigbo 69.5
    PFF has got to be trolling us Viking fans. Did you guys know that Pat Elflein is the 7th rated Guard according to PFF. Yes, I'm not lying it is a true statement.

I think this is an example of when he plays bad it must just look really bad on those plays lol. Because I was with a lot of you a few weeks ago in saying he needs to go. But honestly I'm starting to come away pretty damn impressed with the progression our OL has made now that they are getting comfortable.

Oh one more thing...we are the only team to have played 6 road games so far (3-3). So only 2 left, makes for a promising end to the season.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    PFF has got to be trolling us Viking fans. Did you guys know that Pat Elflein is the 7th rated Guard according to PFF. Yes, I'm not lying it is a true statement.

I think this is an example of when he plays bad it must just look really bad on those plays lol. Because I was with a lot of you a few weeks ago in saying he needs to go. But honestly I'm starting to come away pretty damn impressed with the progression our OL has made now that they are getting comfortable.
    Elflein is actually having a good season. He was blown up on that sack by Chris Jones and everyone automatically assumed he was still struggling. Other than the KC game, his last 6 games have been pretty good. I watched him on Cook's highlight reel and he made a few blocks down field to spring him for big gains. He's definitely a better run blocker than pass but he's having an improved year so far.
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

Elflein is actually having a good season. He was blown up on that sack by Chris Jones and everyone automatically assumed he was still struggling. Other than the KC game, his last 6 games have been pretty good. I watched him on Cook's highlight reel and he made a few blocks down field to spring him for big gains. He's definitely a better run blocker than pass but he's having an improved year so far.
    IF, then, we can view LG, C, and RT as taken care of for awhile...and IF we can get another starting guard between Dozier and Samia, it comes down to how we feel about $11mil for Reiff. South Dakota kid or not, I'm of the mind using a high pick on an heir apparent LT next spring and maybe we'll finally feel like OL isn't our weakness for awhile. So, how do Cousins and Reiff feel if we go QB/RT in Rd 1/2? ....there's just a number of quality QB prospects gonna be there, doesn't automatically make Kirk a lame duck (tho maybe it would)......tho if October Kirk keeps showing up instead of September/KC Kirk, I'd be good.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Iíll admit i have been tough on Elflein since that home game against Washington a few weeks ago where he had a million penalties. He then gave up the huge sack against Chris Jones the following week. But iíll take this opportunity to eat crow because on the whole Pat, as well as the entire offensive line has had a good year. Letís keep it up and not have any more games like week 4 in Chicago lol.

Well the line will get tested this week because Denver has a real good defense.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    IF, then, we can view LG, C, and RT as taken care of for awhile...and IF we can get another starting guard between Dozier and Samia, it comes down to how we feel about $11mil for Reiff. South Dakota kid or not, I'm of the mind using a high pick on an heir apparent LT next spring and maybe we'll finally feel like OL isn't our weakness for awhile. So, how do Cousins and Reiff feel if we go QB/RT in Rd 1/2? ....there's just a number of quality QB prospects gonna be there, doesn't automatically make Kirk a lame duck (tho maybe it would)......tho if October Kirk keeps showing up instead of September/KC Kirk, I'd be good.
    There is still talk about Kirk being in the MVP discussion. His numbers are pretty ridiculous, he could get extended next year for a hefty contract if he keeps it up. Cook is going to be looking to re-up after this season too. He will be looking for that Zeke money.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    There is still talk about Kirk being in the MVP discussion. His numbers are pretty ridiculous, he could get extended next year for a hefty contract if he keeps it up. Cook is going to be looking to re-up after this season too. He will be looking for that Zeke money.

If Good Kirk keeps showing up, an extension can actually lower his cap hit next season. The question there being, how much will he expect. Everson could be a cap casualty regardless, but I'd love for him to finish his career a Viking....he's been our new John Randle and I hated seeing John finish elsewhere.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    If Good Kirk keeps showing up, an extension can actually lower his cap hit next season. The question there being, how much will he expect. Everson could be a cap casualty regardless, but I'd love for him to finish his career a Viking....he's been our new John Randle and I hated seeing John finish elsewhere.
    Ya EG is playing so damn good that you hate to see him be the cap cut. There is also a clause in his contract that if he plays 57% or more of the snaps he can opt out. He's at like 81% or something so that won't be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post

Just imagine what it will be when he wins the Super Bowl lol.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011