Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

A referendum on Frank

OK I know we have a big long Frank thread but I think this stint is the most important stint of his career so far. He will be the Knicks starting PG for at least another 2 games. He's not completing with Mudiay this year. He is completing with a guy that is decent and another guy that some think has real potential as well. That said I think it is important for him to establish something at the PG spot during this run. If he doesn't he could find an extended run on the bench or be moved back to the wing. Let's use this thread to talk about the pro and cons of Frank as a PG based on this run as the Knicks starting PG

Defense is clearly Frank biggest pro. I also think he has showed an improved handle this year. In the prior two years if a defender shaded him one way he was going to go that way or pick up his dribble and move it. With the improved handle he has been able to dictate play a little more. I have always felt he has a decent understanding of the game so him dictating play leads to some good plays

His biggest cons to me is that he doesn't drive and doesn't push the ball. The second part is huge. He is big kid and has pretty good eyes. When we look around the league we see how much of an impact guys like Green and Simmons can have pushing the ball down the middle even if they rarely take it all the way like Green. Frank just doesn't do this. The shooting has also been bad but I have to hold out hope that he will make some.

Looking at his overall impact he seems to improve the teams defense but dramatically slows the offense and we have trouble scoring with him on the floor. Right now I don't think he has made a good enough case to continue starting at the point if we were healthy but should continue to get mins at the position

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Franky Smokes needs to learn a floater in the worst way. He's not gonna finish at the rim so learn a floater. I've never seen him shoot one to be honest and it seems to be a shot every PG needs in his bag.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    OK I know we have a big long Frank thread but I think this stint is the most important stint of his career so far. He will be the Knicks starting PG for at least another 2 games. He's not completing with Mudiay this year. He is completing with a guy that is decent and another guy that some think has real potential as well. That said I think it is important for him to establish something at the PG spot during this run. If he doesn't he could find an extended run on the bench or be moved back to the wing. Let's use this thread to talk about the pro and cons of Frank as a PG based on this run as the Knicks starting PG

Defense is clearly Frank biggest pro. I also think he has showed an improved handle this year. In the prior two years if a defender shaded him one way he was going to go that way or pick up his dribble and move it. With the improved handle he has been able to dictate play a little more. I have always felt he has a decent understanding of the game so him dictating play leads to some good plays

His biggest cons to me is that he doesn't drive and doesn't push the ball. The second part is huge. He is big kid and has pretty good eyes. When we look around the league we see how much of an impact guys like Green and Simmons can have pushing the ball down the middle even if they rarely take it all the way like Green. Frank just doesn't do this. The shooting has also been bad but I have to hold out hope that he will make some.

Looking at his overall impact he seems to improve the teams defense but dramatically slows the offense and we have trouble scoring with him on the floor. Right now I don't think he has made a good enough case to continue starting at the point if we were healthy but should continue to get mins at the position
    i agree... he's starting by default right now. I just never liked the idea of giving Payton those minutes, he'll be gone next year and if he's still here we're going to be having the same spacing issues.

I like him next to RJ b/c I don't think Frank is a pure PG.

Agree with everything said in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Franky Smokes needs to learn a floater in the worst way. He's not gonna finish at the rim so learn a floater. I've never seen him shoot one to be honest and it seems to be a shot every PG needs in his bag.
    This is true. He needs a soft little runner but he also needs to get in the paint to shoot it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Frank on the wing, playing defense on the other teams best guard, right now getting 20-25 min based on how it's going, the situation and fouls.

I'll have to agree with Take, I've been watching Alexander, he was third on my list at that draft (where we picked), damn we need a young PG like him, and maybe the 2020 draft will be that time?

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Frank on the wing, playing defense on the other teams best guard, right now getting 20-25 min based on how it's going, the situation and fouls.

I'll have to agree with Take, I've been watching Alexander, he was third on my list at that draft (where we picked), damn we need a young PG like him, and maybe the 2020 draft will be that time?
    he had 1 good game but overall he's averaging 4ppg on 23% shooting and he's the same age as Frank.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    he had 1 good game but overall he's averaging 4ppg on 23% shooting and he's the same age as Frank.
    what are you even talking about?

https://www.basketball-reference.com.../gamelog/2020/

48% shooting, 41% from three, and 54% eff and averaging 22 pts per game?

6 boards and 3 assists on OKC?

again Huh?

what are you even talking about?

https://www.basketball-reference.com.../gamelog/2020/

48% shooting, 41% from three, and 54% eff and averaging 22 pts per game?

6 boards and 3 assists on OKC?

again Huh?
    my god dude relax...lol. i thought you were talking about Nickeil alexander that u bought up yesterday.

my god dude relax...lol. i thought you were talking about Nickeil alexander that u bought up yesterday.
    actually I'm very relaxed lol, just didn't get where you were coming from?

the other Alexander is a SG, who looks very good as a young player, he may just be on the wrong team to get minutes though.

actually I'm very relaxed lol, just didn't get where you were coming from?

the other Alexander is a SG, who looks very good as a young player, he may just be on the wrong team to get minutes though.
    clearly passing on SGA was a mistake though.

Actually we really need to stop with the hindsight because it could drive you crazy.

Imagine the last three draft classes this is what the Knicks could have had?

Alexander/Mitchell/ RJ

That is a really scary 1,2,3 for the future...........okay now I'm depressed lol

Lol you guys make me laugh. Isn't crazy how Julius was steadily improving year after year until he came to the knicks? How about Mitch playing the best basketball of his career when Jordan was here but reverted back to his old habits after Jordan left. How about Frank being one of the main reasons France knocked off team USA with their no PG having team but looks like he made minimum improvements once he get backs to the knicks. I wonder what the common denominator is between all three players..

Actually we really need to stop with the hindsight because it could drive you crazy.

Imagine the last three draft classes this is what the Knicks could have had?

Alexander/Mitchell/ RJ

That is a really scary 1,2,3 for the future...........okay now I'm depressed lol
    to be fair there's no way we would be bad enough with Mitchell to get RJ. then again, KP might stay with Mitchell here.

to be fair there's no way we would be bad enough with Mitchell to get RJ. then again, KP might stay with Mitchell here.
    your right with the new lottery we may have gotten Zion lol

or finished where Memphis did and still get RJ?

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast