Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wings & Bleu View Post
    Well that's fair, but then don't you think that it's not really appropriate to comment on things that you didn't read or took the time to process intellectually?

I mean when you approach it that way it comes across that you're simply trying to troll, insult, or otherwise pick a fight as it were.

I mean if anything I said was off then feel free to say so. Point out the errors or the counterpoints. But when all that happens is emotionally dismissing statements made in the interests of genuine attempts to have an honest discussion, it becomes impossible to do so.

I love to discuss the team, I definitely would like to see us return to the greatness of the '90s. Going to those playoff games was so much fun. The parties after the 1 pm games didn't end 'til 8. We went expecting the team to win not hoping that it would.

I'm just not seeing us even remotely approach that. What McD and Beane have ushered in talent wise isn't performing even to what they were handed. Maybe in W-L, but in terms of yardage and points generated it isn't.
    Shorter replies, my man. You don't need to type 1,000 words to give an intellectual response.

I'm also not trolling when I say that I honestly believe sabres has some kind of mental disability. I honestly believe that reading his posts.
    Last edited by Jack the Ripper; 11-10-2019 at 06:47 PM.
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Blackhawks Buffalo Bills Southern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi Osaka Angelique Kerber Bianca Andreescu

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    No, actually, it's not. Allen has led the offense to four come-from-behind wins. Without him, they don't win. The defense has been big, but to say that we'd have won those games without Allen at QB is ridiculous. He quite literally led the drives to win the games and led a drive that should have tied the game today. Nobody here has said that Allen is having a Pro Bowl season or has been without flaws, but he's been as important to the 6 wins as the defense has.
    That's one way of looking at it, but he has 3 4QCs this season, not 4. Jets, Cincy, and Miami.

In the Jets game, thru 3 Qs, he led us to 0 points. He only did what he did because Mosely and McClendan went out with injuries in the 4th and their D fell apart, complete disarray. That's not something that we can give Allen credit for. Otherwise, other QBs likely wouldn't have scored 0 points thru 45 minutes.

Against Cincy he was 20 of 33 for 183, 1 TD, 1 INT, and a 73.2 rating thru 3 Qs of play leading us to a well below-average 14 points thru 58 minutes. I would argue that with an average passing QB we'd have scored 21 points before that point, possibly more, and would have eliminated the need for a 4QC against one of the worst defenses in the entire league to begin with. Of the 9 teams that the Bengals have played, we've scored the fewest points against them.

Again, same thing in the Miami game where we put up 21 offensive points. We had only 7 thru 3 quarters of play. Allen was 10 of 19 for 135, 0 TDs, and rating of 75.5 thru 3 quarters, all incredibly bad on average. Maybe even an average passer wouldn't have put us in that position to begin with.

It shouldn't be difficult to understrand that, yet I've mentioned it before and it seems that it's some unfathomable concept.

Football is a 4-quarter game. It's idiocy to rely on circumstances (opponent injuries, etc.) and to dismiss the play of a player(s) thru 3 quarters in favor of positive circumstances, many not even related to the player in question, in order to win games. That's what this team is doing.

Look, it's really simple, if before the draft you knew that Allen was going to be giving us only this in the passing department, would you have been happy? If you're honest the answer is 'no.' You'd have a full right to have expected much more from a trade-up 7th overall.

Either way, when you say that there's no way we'd have won those games without him, that's a tough sell given that he provided well below-average passing performance in those games leading to an average of fewer than 8 points thru 3 quarters in those games. All it would have taken was a QB that was capable of leading us to an NFL average of 22+ offensive points to win those games, all three.
    Last edited by Wings & Bleu; 11-10-2019 at 07:10 PM.

Shorter replies, my man. You don't need to type 1,000 words to give an intellectual response.

I'm also not trolling when I say that I honestly believe sabres has some kind of mental disability. I honestly believe that reading his posts.
    I thought that you were talking about mine, sorry if I was off there. Either way, the arguments hold.

Your interactions with Sabres are between you and he. There's obviously a history there.

BTW, if the Steelers win today they'll be 5-4 along with Oakland at 5-4, both a mere game behind us and with easier schedules the rest of the way than we have. All it will take is for one of those teams to pass us for that 6th seed.

That also assumes that Indy & Houston gets the 5th seed. We're going to likely have to sweep Denver, @ Jets, and @ Miami to merely go 9-7 at this point. Miami's playing very well under Fitzpatrick as well, at least well enough to beat us. They outplayed us in the first matchup.

That's one way of looking at it, but he has 3 4QCs this season, not 4. Jets, Cincy, and Miami.

In the Jets game, thru 3 Qs, he led us to 0 points. He only did what he did because Mosely and McClendan went out with injuries in the 4th and their D fell apart, complete disarray. That's not something that we can give Allen credit for. Otherwise, other QBs likely wouldn't have scored 0 points thru 45 minutes.

Against Cincy he was 20 of 33 for 183, 1 TD, 1 INT, and a 73.2 rating thru 3 Qs of play leading us to a well below-average 14 points thru 58 minutes. I would argue that with an average passing QB we'd have scored 21 points before that point, possibly more, and would have eliminated the need for a 4QC against one of the worst defenses in the entire league to begin with. Of the 9 teams that the Bengals have played, we've scored the fewest points against them.

Again, same thing in the Miami game where we put up 21 offensive points. We had only 7 thru 3 quarters of play. Allen was 10 of 19 for 135, 0 TDs, and rating of 75.5 thru 3 quarters, all incredibly bad on average. Maybe even an average passer wouldn't have put us in that position to begin with.

It shouldn't be difficult to understrand that, yet I've mentioned it before and it seems that it's some unfathomable concept.

Football is a 4-quarter game. It's idiocy to rely on circumstances (opponent injuries, etc.) and to dismiss the play of a player(s) thru 3 quarters in favor of positive circumstances, many not even related to the player in question, in order to win games. That's what this team is doing.

Look, it's really simple, if before the draft you knew that Allen was going to be giving us only this in the passing department, would you have been happy? If you're honest the answer is 'no.' You'd have a full right to have expected much more from a trade-up 7th overall.

Either way, when you say that there's no way we'd have won those games without him, that's a tough sell given that he provided well below-average passing performance in those games leading to an average of fewer than 8 points thru 3 quarters in those games. All it would have taken was a QB that was capable of leading us to an NFL average of 22+ offensive points to win those games, all three.
    What does his draft selection have to do with... anything? The QB drafted 1st overall has been mediocre this season. The QB drafted 3rd overall has played poorly all season. The QB drafted 10th overall, who 90% of Bills fans wanted over Allen, has been flat out terrible. Allen and Jackson are quite literally the only QBs selected in the 1st round last year that have made progress from their rookie seasons. The other three have regressed.

Allen was going to take some time to develop. He's honestly giving us more than I thought he would at this point. What does any players draft selection matter? Would you rather we had drafted Rosen? Do you think the Bills would be a better team if they had? I don't.
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Blackhawks Buffalo Bills Southern Illinois University Salukis

I thought that you were talking about mine, sorry if I was off there. Either way, the arguments hold.

Your interactions with Sabres are between you and he. There's obviously a history there.
    The history is that we're all tired of listening to him. He repeats the same garbage over and over and over, claiming he's some football Nostradamus even though everything he says is wrong. He literally starts every post with "as I said" even though he never said it. And his blatant hatred for Josh Allen as QB after he spent years singing the praises of Tyrod Taylor makes it that much more bizarre. The guy is off in the head. He's strange. He's unlikeable. And he's legitimately stupid.

BTW, if the Steelers win today they'll be 5-4 along with Oakland at 5-4, both a mere game behind us and with easier schedules the rest of the way than we have. All it will take is for one of those teams to pass us for that 6th seed.

That also assumes that Indy & Houston gets the 5th seed. We're going to likely have to sweep Denver, @ Jets, and @ Miami to merely go 9-7 at this point. Miami's playing very well under Fitzpatrick as well, at least well enough to beat us. They outplayed us in the first matchup.
    So do we have an easy schedule or don't we? You've claimed both now.

Dude this whole post (along with most of your posts) is just your opinion stated as facts.

Ill find the time to go through the drafts and FA to prove just how much talent this FO has been able to bring in.

Your focus on the high character and high ceiling 1st rounders is narrow minded. Thats exactly the type of players I want in the 1st round, but they have also found serious talent throughout the rest of the offseason.

Its a silly argument tbh. You ignore the rest of the draft and call the FO a bust based on only 1 pick. For someone who prides them selves on analysis and research, you seem very negatively biased. Its like you ignore the fact the rest of the league has the same goal and has much poorer results from the same avenues.

The history is that we're all tired of listening to him. He repeats the same garbage over and over and over, claiming he's some football Nostradamus even though everything he says is wrong. He literally starts every post with "as I said" even though he never said it. And his blatant hatred for Josh Allen as QB after he spent years singing the praises of Tyrod Taylor makes it that much more bizarre. The guy is off in the head. He's strange. He's unlikeable. And he's legitimately stupid.
    Ive said this before but Im pretty sure hes drunk most of the time he posts.

For sure he does a whole thing where he hears dumb people on the radio and then responds to us on here like it was us who called. He also loves regurgitating WGR narratives.

Its exhausting.

So do we have an easy schedule or don't we? You've claimed both now.
    We do, and we have capitalized on it just as a well coached team should.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Dude this whole post (along with most of your posts) is just your opinion stated as facts.

Ill find the time to go through the drafts and FA to prove just how much talent this FO has been able to bring in.

Your focus on the high character and high ceiling 1st rounders is narrow minded. Thats exactly the type of players I want in the 1st round, but they have also found serious talent throughout the rest of the offseason.

Its a silly argument tbh. You ignore the rest of the draft and call the FO a bust based on only 1 pick. For someone who prides them selves on analysis and research, you seem very negatively biased. Its like you ignore the fact the rest of the league has the same goal and has much poorer results from the same avenues.
    Well stated, because this has been my feelings toward his posts as well.

Steelers arent that good this season and neither is Oakland.

I think Indy will come back to earth too.

Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    Sadleybwhat you two dont want to understand, is this game was not different than any other game. Allen has played. The difference is, our defense wins some and loses some, but Allen has needed our D ever single win not that our D has needed him.
    Literally every QB on every team that has ever existed has needed the defence.

Good thing we have a good defensive minded coach and a deep defence to keep us in games.

Oh wait, you hate the winning coach and FO who built the depth too.

I think you have him confused with someone else JtR. Today, vs. Cleveland, was his first game with the Bills.

I don't know how many snaps he got, I'll take a look as soon as the info is available, but he had only 1 assisted tackle today.

Again, I think I understand what's going on here, you seem to see what you want to see. I can understand that, especially if you're young. It's easy to look thru rose-colored glasses when you want the team to do well, I get it, I do. But I base all of my analyses however on far more objective indicators and do a ton of research on both player and team alike.

Anyway, sorry the game wasn't more enjoyable for you today. : /
    Was it an enjoyable game for you?

I ask because you seem to revel in the losses. Seems like your favourite thing. Makes you feel like you know something that other people do not.

The only thing I can give you credit for is that Oliver has been garbage this season. A warm body.
    Regardless, I am ecstatic about the draft haul they got this year. Singletary, Knox and Cody are going to contribute to this offence for years to come.

It's not complicated Chong.

Every team only has so many resources. Draft picks are the primary and most value-laden resource that teams have for building a team. It's widely known amongst NFL professionals, media, and fans that the Draft is the way that teams are built at the core level.

If you think otherwise I'm not sure what to tell you. But what I'm pointing out is that our drafts have not been good. Neither of our two top-10 picks did what they wer supposed to today to even an average level. That's a fact.
    Yeah I understand the value of the draft and the landscape of the nfl lol. Tbh I think I understand it better than you.

The reason I am so optimistic about this FO and coaching staff is because of the results of the entire offseason.

They address needs, none of the players they have brought in have been any drama at all, they all buy in and are coachable, And they have all improved each season (coach).
    Oh and they win.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast