Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 96
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,948
    That record will be even better by the end of the season.

    I don’t see them losing any major talent in the offseason but I do expect them to acquire more talent through the draft and FA.
    + another year of development for our main performers who are all young.

    I expect McDermott’s record will continue to improve next season.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    That record will be even better by the end of the season.

    I don’t see them losing any major talent in the offseason but I do expect them to acquire more talent through the draft and FA.
    + another year of development for our main performers who are all young.

    I expect McDermott’s record will continue to improve next season.
    Let me ask you Chong, look at their drafts, particularly days 1 & 2 where they should be hitting on all cylinders, and give me your analysis at this point in time. I'll display it by year, round, and overall pick.

    '18: 1/7 - Allen (hasn't met their narrative, not even close, and he's struggling where his strength lies, "strong-arm"/deep throws; was a costly trade-up)
    '19: 1/9 - Oliver (hasn't met the narrative, not even close; didn't bring the type of strengths to the NFL that typically improve and when they do they're contrary to his traits)
    '18: 1/16 - Edmunds (LOVED the pick but he's not meeting his narratives either)
    '17: 1/27 - White
    '17: 2/37 - Jones (gone, bust, depth caliber player)
    '19: 2/38 - Ford (Struggling at T, not meeting his narrative, Dalton Risner whom I would have taken over Ford is performing much better in Denver)
    '17: 2/63 - Dawkins (very incconsistent, above-average at best and on a good day)
    '19: 3/74 - Singletary (has played very well in a role-playing mode. Remains to be seen how he'll play as the starter. Playing much better than I had thought he wouuld right now)
    '18: 3/96 - Phillips (depth caliber player)
    '19: 3/96 - Knox (has only contributed on a spot basis, he's on pace for fewer than 400 yards and 2 TDs and is not significant. Has a poor catch% at 53.5%, only higher than the other two TEs, Kroft and Sweeney who have had only half the targets between them)

    Add commentary as you like, but I'm curious why you think that they're doing a good job thru the drafts?

    Did you realize that of the team's 20 sacks, which isn't good to begin with and ranks tied for 21st in the league with Indy, only 3.5 of them have come from front-7 players that McD/Beane have drafted? Oliver's sack wasn't even on a QB, it was on a WR on a gadget play.

    Of our 49 TFLs, only 13, about a quarter, have come from front-7 players drafted by them.

    Only 10 of the team's 41 QB Hits, fewer than 25%), have come from front-7 players drafted by them.

    In almost all cases our stats are coming from legacy players, some not long for this team (Lorax, Lawson), and cheap one-year free-agent Jordan Phillips who's going to cost them an arm and a leg next year if this keeps up. Without Jordan Phillips we rank near the bottom of the league in several defensive categories. And what, who have we played? Manning, Fitzpatrick, Mariota, Darnold, Dalton, and Haskins.

    Anyway, I realize that that's the going narrative, about how great McD & Beane's drafts have been, but specify, give me your analysis as such.

    Because looking at it objectively, I'm not sure how anyone could come to such an assessment. If that were another team's draft we wouldn't be saying that. I'm sure that I can find other drafts that are better that we're not impressed with too. So why are we impressed with ours? I'm not. I expect a whole lot more for a QB for which essentially 4 day 1 & 2 picks were given up in a trade-up drafted at 7th overall as such. I expect a whole lot more from a 9th overall DT. I expect a whole lot more from a trade-up early 2nd-round WR.

    Just sayin'.
    Last edited by Wings & Bleu; 11-10-2019 at 10:12 AM.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    18,164
    Quote Originally Posted by Wings & Bleu View Post
    Why do you say that JtR?

    All I see is a backup caliber DT or low-end starter at best. Do you see something different? If so, why?
    What? lol Liuget is already making a difference on this line. He's always been a Pro Bowl talent, just battled injuries the last couple of years.
    Chicago CubsChicago BlackhawksBuffalo BillsSouthern Illinois University Salukis

    Naomi OsakaAngelique KerberBianca Andreescu

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,925
    I love listening to these two talk back and forth on the forum amongst themselves, talking about how Allen and McDermott should be anointed to the hall of fame already . And next they will argue how every pass thrown was catchable so far, but they weren’t.

    Embrace what we have. A QB who can only throw from 10-20 yards. Will never, and has never, thrown the ball complete 30-yards in the air this season, which is significantly important if a team wants to spread the defense.

    He will be good in the red one, because like I said, his range is only 10-20 yards, which is no different than Trent Dilfer. He can run, great talker and he is absolutely a leader. But we need a QB who can throw long.

    Do you fools think if Jim Kelly couldn’t throw long, we would have made it to the Super Bowl. Absolutely not. 0-28 so far this year on long balls. The team will not and cannot succeed with the limitations of being unable To throw long. So before you think Allen is remotely good, just think to yourself, how far Kelly, Elway, Marino, Favre, Manning etc etc would be, if they were not able to complete a pass thrown 30- yards in the air. And when these two guys debate and say they could have succeeded without completing a long ball pass or that Allen can succeed without doing it, let’s all laugh at loud at the stupidity.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    18,164
    Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    I love listening to these two talk back and forth on the forum amongst themselves, talking about how Allen and McDermott should be anointed to the hall of fame already . And next they will argue how every pass thrown was catchable so far, but they weren’t.

    Embrace what we have. A QB who can only throw from 10-20 yards. Will never, and has never, thrown the ball complete 30-yards in the air this season, which is significantly important if a team wants to spread the defense.

    He will be good in the red one, because like I said, his range is only 10-20 yards, which is no different than Trent Dilfer. He can run, great talker and he is absolutely a leader. But we need a QB who can throw long.

    Do you fools think if Jim Kelly couldn’t throw long, we would have made it to the Super Bowl. Absolutely not. 0-28 so far this year on long balls. The team will not and cannot succeed with the limitations of being unable To throw long. So before you think Allen is remotely good, just think to yourself, how far Kelly, Elway, Marino, Favre, Manning etc etc would be, if they were not able to complete a pass thrown 30- yards in the air. And when these two guys debate and say they could have succeeded without completing a long ball pass or that Allen can succeed without doing it, let’s all laugh at loud at the stupidity.
    Allen was the 8th best QB in the league with only 12% of his passes as uncatchable through 7 weeks. Haven't seen any updated numbers, but once again you're wrong. lol
    Chicago CubsChicago BlackhawksBuffalo BillsSouthern Illinois University Salukis

    Naomi OsakaAngelique KerberBianca Andreescu

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    18,164
    aLleN sUckS bEcAuSe hE cAn'T tHroW tHe dEeP bALl.
    Chicago CubsChicago BlackhawksBuffalo BillsSouthern Illinois University Salukis

    Naomi OsakaAngelique KerberBianca Andreescu

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    18,164
    C'mon Hauschka. That should be automatic.
    Chicago CubsChicago BlackhawksBuffalo BillsSouthern Illinois University Salukis

    Naomi OsakaAngelique KerberBianca Andreescu

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,925
    Yes, focus on that stat. I know it makes you happy. But keep ignoring he is -0-28 this year and 4 - 68 in his career at completing the long ball. I’m sure he will learn accuracy at some point, your right, I’m wrong, several former players that can’t wait til he get hurt is wrong, but your right.

    I said it last week but we won, but I will say it this week as well, we loose this week, I know as an absolute fact, that Lorenzo Alexander and Hughes will publically call out Josh Allen and McDermott because they don’t like him. Call me a liar all you want, but when we lose and it happens, Then you can call it a coincidence, that I predicted the exact two players that are about to explode.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    18,164
    Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    Yes, focus on that stat. I know it makes you happy. But keep ignoring he is -0-28 this year and 4 - 68 in his career at completing the long ball. I’m sure he will learn accuracy at some point, your right, I’m wrong, several former players that can’t wait til he get hurt is wrong, but your right.

    I said it last week but we won, but I will say it this week as well, we loose this week, I know as an absolute fact, that Lorenzo Alexander and Hughes will publically call out Josh Allen and McDermott because they don’t like him. Call me a liar all you want, but when we lose and it happens, Then you can call it a coincidence, that I predicted the exact two players that are about to explode.
    I'm dead *** serious when I say this... I don't think you're mentally stable.
    Chicago CubsChicago BlackhawksBuffalo BillsSouthern Illinois University Salukis

    Naomi OsakaAngelique KerberBianca Andreescu

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,948
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    I'm dead *** serious when I say this... I don't think you're mentally stable.
    It’s too funny eh.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    18,164
    Tremaine Edmunds is having the best game of his career today. He has been an absolute beast!
    Chicago CubsChicago BlackhawksBuffalo BillsSouthern Illinois University Salukis

    Naomi OsakaAngelique KerberBianca Andreescu

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,925
    0-29 now for 30-yard passes. More than half a season and cannot complete a single deep throw. But that’s not important because as you said, only 12% is uncatchable. And when you only throw the ball for 15% of the game plan, keeping the defense on the field that long, it’s all other peoples fault, not Allen.


    And when when our defense wins this game for Allen, like they have absolutely done all year, I can’t wait to see the Pom poms for Allen . Especially when his inneficiancy through 3 Qtrs, allowed our Defense alone, to keep them close, but Allen will get credited with a 4th Qtr comeback, thanks to the. D, and you both will continue to be the only one on the forum thinking Allen is god.
    Last edited by sabres11; 11-10-2019 at 04:14 PM.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,948
    Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    0-29 now for 30-yard passes. More than half a season and cannot complete a single deep throw. But that’s not important because as you said, only 12% is uncatchable. And when you only throw the ball for 15% of the game plan, keeping the defense on the field that long, it’s all other peoples fault, not Allen.
    I figured it out jack. It’s CTE.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,948
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Tremaine Edmunds is having the best game of his career today. He has been an absolute beast!
    But apparently we shouldn’t be impressed by him because he “didn’t live up to his pre-draft billing” or some random **** like that according to bleu.
    Either that, or we shouldn’t be impressed because apparently every 1st rounder should be a top player in the league from day 1 or their a complete bust.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    18,164
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I figured it out jack. It’s CTE.
    Chicago CubsChicago BlackhawksBuffalo BillsSouthern Illinois University Salukis

    Naomi OsakaAngelique KerberBianca Andreescu

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •