Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wings & Bleu View Post
    So, what, in your mind a 16-point offensive performance against a team that allows 26 points on average, and one that scored the second fewest points against them in 9 games this season (Jets scored 3), with the QB going 22 of 41 for 266 and 0 TDs, and a game rating of 73.8, has nothing to do with it then?

Seems like an odd take, but the reasons for the loss have to be pointed somewhere. Can be coaching, but honestly, what I saw today from Kitchens is a coach that will be fired by the end of the season. That was one of the worst coaching performances I've ever seen, worse than our for sure. I also have no idea how that clown Monken even has a job as an OC in the NFL either. I mean McD and Daboll may not have been good but Kitchens/Monken were far worse. Despite their idiocy we still lost.

Either way, your take seems to be that Allen played great and that the reasons for the loss have little if anything to do with him. Well, OK.

I'm not sure that you guys are being realistic in your assessments. I mean when Liuget's a Pro Bowler despite never having made a Pro Bowl in 8 prior seasons, when he's already made an impact on our DL when all he did was post a single assisted tackle in his first game with us, when Allen with incredibly mediocre passing stats in a 16-point offensive performance has nothing to do with the loss, I'm not sure it's possible to have a rational discussion.

Seems like you guys simply see what you want to see and disregard everything else.
    Allen - a sophomore project qb with all the tools - did enough to win us this game.
    The defence kept us in it.
    The special teams were good.

We lost by 3 points and were 0-2 on FGís.

Letís blame Allen lol.

What does that have to do with Allen or the offense?
    Umm everything..?

Are we comparing Allen to his peers here? Or are we just nitpicking individual stats to support our arguments?

Letís look at the big picture people.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Was it an enjoyable game for you?

I ask because you seem to revel in the losses. Seems like your favourite thing. Makes you feel like you know something that other people do not.

The only thing I can give you credit for is that Oliver has been garbage this season. A warm body.
    Regardless, I am ecstatic about the draft haul they got this year. Singletary, Knox and Cody are going to contribute to this offence for years to come.
    Oliver is going to be a very good player. His average separation from the QB early in the season was the best on the line. He was seeing a good amount of double teams and in the last couple of weeks has lost some playing time. I'm not worried about him at all. He's been far better than Lotulelei, who has seen more time than he should. The kid works hard and he's going to be alright. I'm still excited about what he'll do for this defense.
    Chicago Cubs ē Chicago Blackhawks ē Buffalo Bills ē Southern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi Osaka ē Angelique Kerber ē Bianca Andreescu

I'm sitting here watching SNF and something seemed... off. Just realized Dallas is wearing their darks at home.
    Chicago Cubs ē Chicago Blackhawks ē Buffalo Bills ē Southern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi Osaka ē Angelique Kerber ē Bianca Andreescu

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    I'm sitting here watching SNF and something seemed... off. Just realized Dallas is wearing their darks at home.
    Iíve migrated to the raptors.

Iíve migrated to the raptors.
    My fantasy life is on the line, so Iím a Vikings fan tonight.

Go Purple Nordic Ancestors!

Dude this whole post (along with most of your posts) is just your opinion stated as facts.

Iíll find the time to go through the drafts and FA to prove just how much talent this FO has been able to bring in.

Your focus on the high character and high ceiling 1st rounders is narrow minded. Thatís exactly the type of players I want in the 1st round, but they have also found serious talent throughout the rest of the offseason.

Itís a silly argument tbh. You ignore the rest of the draft and call the FO a bust based on only 1 pick. For someone who prides them selves on analysis and research, you seem very negatively biased. Itís like you ignore the fact the rest of the league has the same goal and has much poorer results from the same avenues.
    Dude, talk about opinions. You didn't offer one shred of fact in there.

I thought that perhaps I'd found a good place to discuss this team, apparently I'm amiss.

Think what you want, it doesn't bother me, really. I do prefer to discuss the team with people that aren't terminally jaded by predispositions however.

Allen - a sophomore project qb with all the tools - did enough to win us this game.
    The defence kept us in it.
    The special teams were good.

We lost by 3 points and were 0-2 on FGís.

Letís blame Allen lol.
    If Allen couldn't run people would be calling for his replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    So do we have an easy schedule or don't we? You've claimed both now.
    There's that little ditty in there about "the rest of the way."

Yes, both Oakland and Pitt have easier schedules than we do the rest of the way. I'd post 'em, but you'd probably tell me that I'm being biased.

Steelers arenít that good this season and neither is Oakland.

I think Indy will come back to earth too.
    Well, if they're not good I have no idea how you can argue that we are.

Steelers have beaten the Rams and the Colts, two teams that we haven't come close to beating this season or last. Their 4 losses have been to an 8-0 team, 8-1, and a pair of 7-2 teams.

Oakland has lost four games to teams that are 8-2, two 6-3 teams, and 6-4. They've beaten Indy. Of their remaining 7 games, 5 are against teams with losing records, three that we've already beaten, and Tennessee, a 5-5 team.

I'd take Gruden any day over McD. Call me crazy.

Besides, you're the one that talked about how Liuget had already made a difference on our DL despite not even having played yet, and how he was a Pro Bowl caliber player despite never having made a Pro Bowl in nearly a decade of being in the NFL, right?

So what, anyone reading that should assume that we're better than Pitt and Oakland? Did you do any research on their schedules, which teams they've already played, how they played, how their QBs have played, and which teams remain, contrasted with ours? Doesn't seem so.

As I've said numerous times, our making the playoffs is going to hinge all but entirely on whether or not we can beat Pitt on the road. I don't see it happening, there's absolutely nothing in this coaching staff's or team's history this season or last that suggests that we're capable of winning such a game.
    Last edited by Wings & Bleu; 11-11-2019 at 12:08 AM.

Dude this whole post (along with most of your posts) is just your opinion stated as facts.

Iíll find the time to go through the drafts and FA to prove just how much talent this FO has been able to bring in.

Your focus on the high character and high ceiling 1st rounders is narrow minded. Thatís exactly the type of players I want in the 1st round, but they have also found serious talent throughout the rest of the offseason.

Itís a silly argument tbh. You ignore the rest of the draft and call the FO a bust based on only 1 pick. For someone who prides them selves on analysis and research, you seem very negatively biased. Itís like you ignore the fact the rest of the league has the same goal and has much poorer results from the same avenues.
    So Allen's game stats in his 4QCs, are opinions then?

Hmm. OK. I think you need a dictionary and need to start looking up some of the words that you use.

I thought that us having scored only 21 offensive points before the 4th Q in those games was a fact. I guess not because you say so then, huh?

OK, as I've said, you're entirely 100% predisposed to what you think the truth and reality is and won't be swayed by facts, data, info, or anything else. So there isn't much sense in our exchanging anything in the interests of discussion.

I fully understand that you're simply going to argue jsut about everything that I put forth, fact or not, if you even understand what a fact is. Seems as if you do not. Unfortunately I nor anyone else can help you, it's a self-help exercise for you to work out.

BTW, here's another one of my opinions, the only team, of the 8 others that have played Cleveland, that have scored fewer points than we have is the Jets.

If Allen couldn't run people would be calling for his replacement.
    I agree with this.

Besides, you're the one that talked about how Liuget had already made a difference on our DL despite not even having played yet, and how he was a Pro Bowl caliber player despite never having made a Pro Bowl in nearly a decade of being in the NFL, right?
    wrong.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast