Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Week 10: Buffalo Bills (6-2) at Cleveland Browns (2-6)

Bills signed Corey Liuget today. Great move if he's healthy. That will help the run defense.
    Chicago CubsChicago BlackhawksBuffalo BillsSouthern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi OsakaAngelique KerberBianca Andreescu

Headed into week 10...

The Bills rank 1st in the league in red zone TD percentage at 71.4%.

Inside the 20, Josh Allen has the league's 2nd highest completion percentage at 70.0% among qualified QBs (min. of 10 attempts). He also has the league's 2nd highest completion percentage inside the 10 at 75.0%.

Anyone who believes the Bills are 6-2 without Allen this year is a dumbass.

Anyone who thinks we would be 6-2 and headed to the playoffs for the 2nd time in 3 years without mcd and beane is a Dumbass too.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Anyone who thinks we would be 6-2 and headed to the playoffs for the 2nd time in 3 years without mcd and beane is a Dumbass too.
    I agree. McD has brought the team together like no previous coach has been able to do in about 20 years. They all bought what he was selling. He came in and completely changed the culture in the locker room. We aren't the Dick Jauron or Chan Gailey Buffalo Bills any more. McD's team has earned respect around the league.

Beane has also done an outstanding job, in my opinion. There is real talent on the roster. I think he's drafted well. He's whiffed on some moves (Benjamin), but absolutely hit his homerruns too (Poyer, Hyde).

This isn't a lucky 6-2. This is a team that's earned that 6-2 record and some respect back around the league. This is honestly the most fun I've had as a Bills fan since Flutie was QB.
    Last edited by Jack the Ripper; 11-06-2019 at 02:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    I agree. McD has brought the team together like no previous coach has been able to do in about 20 years. They all bought what he was selling. He came in and completely changed the culture in the locker room. We aren't the Dick Jauron or Chan Gailey Buffalo Bills any more. McD's team has earned respect around the league.

Beane has also done an outstanding job, in my opinion. There is real talent on the roster. I think he's drafted well. He's whiffed on some moves (Benjamin), but absolutely hit his homerruns too (Poyer, Hyde).

This isn't a lucky 6-2. This is a team that's earned that 6-2 record and some respect back around the league. This is honestly the most fun I've had as a Bills fan since Flutie was QB.
    Very easily and not even debatable - this is the deepest team (talent wise) we have had in my entire time as a bills fan (about 20years).

Read this and completely agree with it...

If the Bills lose this Sunday, they will be trashed by everyone. If they win, no one will care.

It truly is Buffalo vs. everybody. They still don’t respect us. So we’ll have to beat it into them.

If the Bills lose this Sunday, they will be trashed by everyone. If they win, no one will care.

It truly is Buffalo vs. everybody. They still don’t respect us. So we’ll have to beat it into them.
    Which is absolutely ridiculous. Given that we are in year 3 of a complete tear down and rebuild while the browns are in like year 30 of the rebuild. They have had much better opportunity to gain assets.

Which is absolutely ridiculous. Given that we are in year 3 of a complete tear down and rebuild while the browns are in like year 30 of the rebuild. They have had much better opportunity to gain assets.
    The Browns were called Super Bowl contenders prior to the season starting. This is a huge win if we knock them off, regardless of how bad they've played. It's also inexcusable how bad they've played given all of the talent on that team. Dare I say that McDermott would have the very same Browns a winning club if we were coaching?

The Browns were called Super Bowl contenders prior to the season starting. This is a huge win if we knock them off, regardless of how bad they've played. It's also inexcusable how bad they've played given all of the talent on that team. Dare I say that McDermott would have the very same Browns a winning club if we were coaching?
    Imo there is no question the browns would be winners with mcd. He’s already led 2 teams with much worse talent to the playoffs. And that’s with 2 automatic losses each year to the pats, selling off all the major talent on the team during one of those years, and a team filled with rookies and sophomores this year.

It’s shocking to me that some bills fans are unhappy still. I honestly expect this FO to build a pats type perennial contender if they have the time to keep at it. It might not even be Allen who leads us there, I think they should be given a second chance to pick a QB even if Allen doesn’t pan out.

Imo there is no question the browns would be winners with mcd. He’s already led 2 teams with much worse talent to the playoffs. And that’s with 2 automatic losses each year to the pats, selling off all the major talent on the team during one of those years, and a team filled with rookies and sophomores this year.

It’s shocking to me that some bills fans are unhappy still. I honestly expect this FO to build a pats type perennial contender if they have the time to keep at it. It might not even be Allen who leads us there, I think they should be given a second chance to pick a QB even if Allen doesn’t pan out.
    McD wasn't a sexy hire and I think some fans still can't move on from that. 21-19 with (what will be) two playoff appearances as a first time head coach on a team that had to be completely rebuilt is pretty impressive to me. He's the only coach since Wade Phillips to have a winning record over his career in Buffalo and that was a span of 20 years.

Some of the fans are just miserable people. 20 years of losing and they'll still whine and moan and ***** about a 6-2 team. They became so enamored with criticizing the Bills over the years that they can't enjoy anything. Sabres is the ring-leader. Silent when the Bills win. Silent when given numbers that prove Allen has been a key part of the success. And he gets so butt hurt when fans enjoy the success the team has had. Because then he can't post one of his way too long, nonsensical "as I said" posts.

Bills signed Corey Liuget today. Great move if he's healthy. That will help the run defense.
    Why do you say that JtR?

All I see is a backup caliber DT or low-end starter at best. Do you see something different? If so, why?

Headed into week 10...

The Bills rank 1st in the league in red zone TD percentage at 71.4%.

Inside the 20, Josh Allen has the league's 2nd highest completion percentage at 70.0% among qualified QBs (min. of 10 attempts). He also has the league's 2nd highest completion percentage inside the 10 at 75.0%.

Anyone who believes the Bills are 6-2 without Allen this year is a dumbass.
    You always have to qualify your analyses.

For example, he's also thrown only 20 Red one passes all season, that's 2-1/2 per game. No relevant QB has thrown fewer.

He's completed only 14, not even 2/game. Shouldn't a better question be why he isn't in the red zone more?

Against NE, of his 3 red-zone plays he was 1 for 2 for 1 yard and a sack.

Philly, Tennessee, Miami, and the Jets all rank among the bottom quartile for Red Zone Scoring % allowed, all over 60%.

Either way, 20 passes is impossible to build a case for him being a great red zone passing QB. Just sayin'. Factor in the caliber of the competition and even more so.

Allen will have a chance to make strides against better than bottom-dwelling competition in the second half.
    Last edited by Wings & Bleu; 11-10-2019 at 01:19 AM.

If you ask me, anyone that thinks we'd be "headed to the playoffs" w/o the easiest schedule in team history is remiss.

I also don't think we're going to make the playoffs. There's much much more behind that analysis, but suffice to say that the difference in performance of this year's team over last year's team is marginal. When we consider the difference in schedule it's far from impressive. This will bear itself out over the last 8 games.

So allow me to ask, what's going to be your take if we lose tomorrow, against the Browns?

I will say this, I don't think that this team is capable of beating Dallas, NE, Baltimore, or Pittsburgh. Suppose I'm correct on that, if we lose tomorrow we'd have to sweep Denver, @MIami, and the jets just to make 9-7.

We’ve beaten no one. The defenses that we’ve beaten are bottom-dwelling to a team as are the offenses and even QBs with the singular exception of Mariota, and we've barely beaten most of them. …. ‘nuff said there.

The Browns have lost six games to teams that are collectively 35-17.

Niners (8-0)
    NE (8-1)
    Seattle (7-2)
    LA Rams (5-3)
    Titans (4-5)
    Denver (2-6)

They’ve beaten the 6-2 Ravens and Jets, 40-25 and 23-3 respectively.

Chubb is the NFL’s 4th leading rusher. Hunt comes back too.

Cleveland, despite the much tougher slate of offensive opponents, has more sacks, more QB Hits, and the same number of TFLs.

I’m not big on individual game predictions, but I’ll step out now and state that I expect this game to be a painful epiphany of sorts.

Cleveland is nowhere near as bad as their 2-6 record, we’re blatantly nowhere near as good as our 6-2, their QB is a better passer despite this season's rough start, their RB is better, they have better WRs, and at least in terms of putting up pass-defense stats, Cleveland has done an decent job against the league’s 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 7th, and 8th scoring offenses, while we’ve played against 23rd, 26th, 29th, 30th, 31st, and 32nd ranked scoring offenses. Their pass D considering is quite good.

Should be interesting.
    Last edited by Wings & Bleu; 11-09-2019 at 11:54 PM.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast