Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by Wings & Bleu View Post
    Besides, you're the one that talked about how Liuget had already made a difference on our DL despite not even having played yet, and how he was a Pro Bowl caliber player despite never having made a Pro Bowl in nearly a decade of being in the NFL, right?
    Liuget had played two quarters of football with the Bills when I made the statement. It was made mid-game today. He helped stuff several runs on the big goal-line stop, both before and after the pass interference play that gave the Browns a fresh set of downs. He made his presence felt even if he wasn't the one recording the tackle. He did exactly what he was brought in to do. He plugged up lanes. His numbers in SD were among the best at his position across football. Not making a Pro Bowl doesn't mean he didn't put up Pro Bowl caliber seasons.

What good is talking Bills football with you if you aren't even going to pay attention to what you read? It seems you just like being a douche for the sake of being a douche.
    Chicago CubsChicago BlackhawksBuffalo BillsSouthern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi OsakaAngelique KerberBianca Andreescu

So what, anyone reading that should assume that we're better than Pitt and Oakland? Did you do any research on their schedules, which teams they've already played, how they played, how their QBs have played, and which teams remain, contrasted with ours? Doesn't seem so.

As I've said numerous times, our making the playoffs is going to hinge all but entirely on whether or not we can beat Pitt on the road. I don't see it happening, there's absolutely nothing in this coaching staff's or team's history this season or last that suggests that we're capable of winning such a game.
    So you just assume the current record of these teams will dictate how the rest of the season unfolds? No upsets, surprises or teams turning things around? Injuries?

I like our defence more than Pittsburg, Oakland or indy’s.
    I think Allen is as capable of winning a game as Pittsburg’s 3rd string qb, Carr, or brissette.
    Only indy’s OL is better than ours, though pit and Indy have better receiving threats.
    I like our tandem at RB as much as any in the league.

I’m not ready to rule out anything, but I know we will have a winning record in year 2 of the rebuild with our top performers being pretty/very young and progressing. Even if we don’t end up making the playoffs I expect I will look back at this season as a success.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    So you just assume the current record of these teams will dictate how the rest of the season unfolds? No upsets, surprises or teams turning things around? Injuries?

I like our defence more than Pittsburg, Oakland or indy’s.
    I think Allen is as capable of winning a game as Pittsburg’s 3rd string qb, Carr, or brissette.
    Only indy’s OL is better than ours, though pit and Indy have better receiving threats.
    I like our tandem at RB as much as any in the league.

I’m not ready to rule out anything, but I know we will have a winning record in year 2 of the rebuild with our top performers being pretty/very young and progressing. Even if we don’t end up making the playoffs I expect I will look back at this season as a success.
    Watch it, man. That kind of optimism isn't welcome around here. If you're one of us, you'll *****, moan, and complain about this team instead of enjoy the progress they've made. Take off those rose colored glasses you youngster and try a little harder to fit in with the rest of us miserable ****s.
    Chicago CubsChicago BlackhawksBuffalo BillsSouthern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi OsakaAngelique KerberBianca Andreescu

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Watch it, man. That kind of optimism isn't welcome around here. If you're one of us, you'll *****, moan, and complain about this team instead of enjoy the progress they've made. Take off those rose colored glasses you youngster and try a little harder to fit in with the rest of us miserable ****s.
    In fairness we need to be careful not to do the same thing.

If you ask me, what makes forums miserable is the intolerance of a majority of mob rule posters. This forum stands out because few people post here, which I consider to be a plus.

The other thing that is irritating is this idiotic notion that simply because fans are critical, it means that somehow they're lesser fans, hate the team, want the team to lose for some reason, etc.

Unless you guys were sleeping out overnight in the freezing cold temps in order to be in line in the morning in time at Marine Midland banks in Rochester back in the '90s, I'd say that may fandom speaks for itself. The last thing that I need is a forum full of fools lecturing me on the team, particularly when later in that same season my take hasn't changed but they make me look like a homer's homer as they're ready to fire everyone, set the Pegula's house on fire, and generally spew hatred that is well outside the bounds of what I consider to be even civilly adversarial.

I'm happy to talk team, draft, etc., but you guys just seem to want to throw out subjective statements about Sabres and to a lesser extent me simply because my well-thought-out and well-reasoned-out posts don't jibe with your opinions.

That's all fine and dandy, I'll adjust, but again, it makes it difficult to have a decent discussion on the team. You guys don't know what you have here, just a few posters, which is great. You should be more open to honest discussion whether or not you agree with it. No one here hates you or the team, and if you want to challenge my fandom, please, have at it. I'm more than happy to post up the probably hundred or so games I've been to, including many road games and every single playoff game (except for the comeback game which we decided to watch locally instead of go to after driving by the stadium, UGH!!), as well as sitting in the freezing cold overnight waiting for the doors of Marine Midland Bank to open the next morning, for almost all of the playoff games that is, with other Bills fans having a great time.

I owned a dozen season tickets for years while living in DC. I've organized trips up to see the Bills for as many as 30 people, most not even Bills fans yet cheering the team on, in years that weren't sellouts. You'll find no bigger fan. But I'm not a fan of incompetence or idiocy. Some seem to be.

I think fandom should be more summed up by expectations. Back then we went to the games expecting to win. These days fans go hoping to win.

I want a team that we can go to the games expecting to win, not hoping. We don't have that team. With the exception of the secondary, the talent that's generally getting it done in the front-7 isn't long for the team. Lorax is o the cusp of retirement. Hughes' contract is for two more years with an option out after next year.
    Phillips (J) is a free-agent following the season. Lawson is too. There's not a DT or DE that's signed beyond this season, 2020 for Hughes, that's even close to being an impact player. The offense is a mess. We continually score fewer points against our opponents than even the worst offenses do.

I'm of the opinion, for reasons already stated largely, that this braintrust ain't gonna get it done. There's very little in the talent pipeline to take us there. They're on the cusp of having whiffed on their only two top-10 draft picks. If you think differently, great. Just point out what it is because simply saying that you think this staff is doing a great job, apart from being a fading narrative in the national as well as regional media and even among a growing number of fans, is nothing but opinion apart from reasons why it should be so. As for me, I've seen enough from this crew, I don't need another season against a strength-of-schedule on the opposite end of the spectrum from what we have now to prove it to me, a schedule laden with teams that we haven't proven we can beat this or last season. Our home schedule next season could very well be all playoff teams outside of our divisional games.
    Last edited by Wings & Bleu; 11-11-2019 at 01:05 PM.

If you ask me, what makes forums miserable is the intolerance of a majority of mob rule posters. This forum stands out because few people post here, which I consider to be a plus.

The other thing that is irritating is this idiotic notion that simply because fans are critical, it means that somehow they're lesser fans, hate the team, want the team to lose for some reason, etc.

Unless you guys were sleeping out overnight in the freezing cold temps in order to be in line in the morning in time at Marine Midland banks in Rochester back in the '90s, I'd say that may fandom speaks for itself. The last thing that I need is a forum full of fools lecturing me on the team, particularly when later in that same season my take hasn't changed but they make me look like a homer's homer as they're ready to fire everyone, set the Pegula's house on fire, and generally spew hatred that is well outside the bounds of what I consider to be even civilly adversarial.

I'm happy to talk team, draft, etc., but you guys just seem to want to throw out subjective statements about Sabres and to a lesser extent me simply because my well-thought-out and well-reasoned-out posts don't jibe with your opinions.

That's all fine and dandy, I'll adjust, but again, it makes it difficult to have a decent discussion on the team. You guys don't know what you have here, just a few posters, which is great. You should be more open to honest discussion whether or not you agree with it. No one here hates you or the team, and if you want to challenge my fandom, please, have at it. I'm more than happy to post up the probably hundred or so games I've been to, including many road games and every single playoff game (except for the comeback game which we decided to watch locally instead of go to after driving by the stadium, UGH!!), as well as sitting in the freezing cold overnight waiting for the doors of Marine Midland Bank to open the next morning, for almost all of the playoff games that is, with other Bills fans having a great time.

I owned a dozen season tickets for years while living in DC. I've organized trips up to see the Bills for as many as 30 people, most not even Bills fans yet cheering the team on, in years that weren't sellouts. You'll find no bigger fan. But I'm not a fan of incompetence or idiocy. Some seem to be.

I think fandom should be more summed up by expectations. Back then we went to the games expecting to win. These days fans go hoping to win.

I want a team that we can go to the games expecting to win, not hoping. We don't have that team. With the exception of the secondary, the talent that's generally getting it done in the front-7 isn't long for the team. Lorax is o the cusp of retirement. Hughes' contract is for two more years with an option out after next year.
    Phillips (J) is a free-agent following the season. Lawson is too. There's not a DT or DE that's signed beyond this season, 2020 for Hughes, that's even close to being an impact player. The offense is a mess. We continually score fewer points against our opponents than even the worst offenses do.

I'm of the opinion, for reasons already stated largely, that this braintrust ain't gonna get it done. There's very little in the talent pipeline to take us there. They're on the cusp of having whiffed on their only two top-10 draft picks. If you think differently, great. Just point out what it is because simply saying that you think this staff is doing a great job, apart from being a fading narrative in the national as well as regional media and even among a growing number of fans, is nothing but opinion apart from reasons why it should be so. As for me, I've seen enough from this crew, I don't need another season against a strength-of-schedule on the opposite end of the spectrum from what we have now to prove it to me, a schedule laden with teams that we haven't proven we can beat this or last season. Our home schedule next season could very well be all playoff teams outside of our divisional games.
    No one questioned if you are a fan or not, so the first half of this post is nonsensical.
    I only questioned if you are enjoying losses because of where you stand with your opinion on the FO. It feels nice to be right and you seem like the type of guy the revels in it.
    Am I wrong? You are still making these huge posts about being right. Perhaps the last 20 years of losing has left you a bit jaded? Or maybe you are having trouble looking beyond this season?
    I live in Toronto and deal with jaded leafs fans all the time so I’m used to this. Even now when we have the best team we have had ever, they are still struggling to get out of that negative mind set.

Compared to all of the other teams that tore it down and have been building it up over the last 2-3 years, who do you think has done a better job than beane?
    The only real argument is Baltimore but they didn’t even tear it down + I don’t think their pure run methodology will work in the long term. We haven’t seen many teams who lead the league in rushing win championships or sustain that status for very long.

The ONLY reason we are winning games is because of McDermott. We are the jets with any of the precious coaches from the last 20 years (maybe gailey would fandangle together a decent offence but the defence would be hurting).

This is the closest I have come to expecting wins with the bills.

You’re still focusing entirely on your OWN expectations of a top 10 pick and ignoring the rest of the draft. If NE relied on only 1st rounders then that team would have been in shambles. It’s about the entirety of the draft and then it’s about development.

If you look through the draft history you will see that most picks bust, even 1st rounders, even top 10 picks. Regardless of what Oliver and Allen become, I agree with the methodology of those picks. Both are high character guys who won’t start drama, would theoretically be willing to re-sign in Buffalo, and both were viewed as having the highest ceiling in the entire drafts. Sign me up! We have seen 4 1st round picks from these guys and every one of them has if it that criteria and every one has improved each year under McDermott.

I’m taken back by your take on things because I only see reason for optimism when I look at the big picture. I don’t see very many guys doing a better job than beane and McDermott. Imo they have bought at least a 5-6 year window to fully implement their vision. As I said before - even if Allen doesn’t pan out I still would want beane to get another crack at a QB. But even Allen is playing better or as good as his peers (other rookies or souphmores)

Who do you suggest would do a better job than they have??

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567