Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I mean, you can't just let him run deep by himself? His issues aren't necessarily separation though, it's tracking. Well, and catching I guess. lol.
    I think of him as opponents think of Ben Simmons. They give him like two miles distance to shoot. They arenít going to respect him until he actually burns them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Man I wish Howie could draft better.

Quote Originally Posted by mnatiq View Post
    It hasn't been too terrible but it's more so the "sexy" positions that he's struggled with. He's poor at drafting WR and the coaches are even more poor at developing and coaching.

"We was catching 'em. Unlike Agholor."
    Your 2019-20 Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by mnatiq View Post
    He's made really nice picks and he's made picks that aren't so good which is what every team ends up doing. I will admit at CB and WR he hasn't had a great amount of success. Part of that is because the Eagles don't prioritize CBs and would rather invest in the safety position. I agree though it seems like the Eagles are unable to develop the WR position with success

Well yeah I mean in general. He has more misses than hits. WR/CB/LB or even RB in a way.

The whole LJ Fort thing is also a mess, signing in so early and saying he was one of your top targets, only to cut him after he play zero snaps in week 3 or 4. He goes to the ravens, starts, balls out, signs extension. That the coaches deserve blame. Fact that we were getting such poor production from LB group and he fort never saw the field. It would be different if say Zach Brown was playing lights out.

Quote Originally Posted by abelugawhale View Post
    He's made really nice picks and he's made picks that aren't so good which is what every team ends up doing. I will admit at CB and WR he hasn't had a great amount of success. Part of that is because the Eagles don't prioritize CBs and would rather invest in the safety position. I agree though it seems like the Eagles are unable to develop the WR position with success
    Well ur right. Eagles have gotten piss poor production from CB's and WR's last few years, seems like every year we are talking about the struggles of both positions and even LB and eagles front office refuses to address it. They should start prioritizing that position because clearly last 2 years its been the biggest issue for us.

In a passing league we have some of the worst CB's out there and crap WR's also. We cant seem to pass or defend the pass.

I agree that in a pass happy league there is an adjustment that needs to be made. Having good play at the safety position cannot compensate for poor corners that lack basic fundamental technique. I 100% agree that we need a top level CB for this defense. I've lost faith in us investing at the LB spot. Hopefully TJ Edwards can be a value here I loved his game coming out of Wisconsin. I also desperately want us to get a young safety that Jenkins can help teach and mold for the future. WR we also need someone who can stretch a defense and is capable of catching the ball.

At a bare minimum invest in a great young MLB. That's where they would get the most bang for their buck at linebacker

How is it that we have a better QB, better RB, better TEs & a better OL than Baltimore, yet Baltimore is an offensive powerhouse?

Can't Doug & Co learn something from a Baltimore?

Baltimore's coaching staff does a great job tailoring their offense to work off of Lamar's strengths. That's the difference

Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    How is it that we have a better QB, better RB, better TEs & a better OL than Baltimore, yet Baltimore is an offensive powerhouse?

Can't Doug & Co learn something from a Baltimore?
    All of those could be debated.

Its an 'unpredictable WEEK 10' where the Saints and Colts lost to bad team at home and the Chiefs lost with Mahomes.

GO Vikings!!

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    All of those could be debated.
    Maybe, but let's assume they're all close enough to be debated, which I think is fair.

Same question still applies: Why the hell is Baltimore the top offense in the league and PHL somewhere in the teens?

The only rational answer is coaching & playcalling. Baltimore is a run dominant team, and they've embraced it. They've simplified the passing scheme for Jackson (1-2 reads, then run), focused on power run, and focused on getting their TEs involved early and often using a bunch of looks & formations (also - that forces defenses to declare some coverages, which makes it easier for Jackson to see mismatches).

I wish Groh & Doug would take a page out of Baltimore's playbook, embrace the run and focus on grinding out drives that break opponent's spirits.

Giants rookie WR Darius Slayton (pick No. 171 overall) has 5 TD receptions this year.

Eagles rookie WR JJ Arcega-Whiteside (pick No. 57 overall) has 2 total receptions this year.

Found on twatter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast