Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Take the Gamble and sign Antonio Brown

Honestly whats the worst that can happen? he gets put on the commissioners list? He'd still be part of the team once hes off.

What's the worst that can happen? Hes a selfish locker room cancer who cries whenever davante gets more targets than he does and ruins to the locker room.

Nah. Itís the first year of a new coaching staff. I had no expectations of contending this year anyway.

Thereís clearly holes in this roster, growing to do and expectations need to be seriously tempered after starting with an unexpectedly good record. Antonio Brown is not the answer to our problems.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfishguy85 View Post
    Nah. Itís the first year of a new coaching staff. I had no expectations of contending this year anyway.

Thereís clearly holes in this roster, growing to do and expectations need to be seriously tempered after starting with an unexpectedly good record. Antonio Brown is not the answer to our problems.
    Why do expectations need to be tempered? Classic over reaction to 1 bad game. We're still in the drivers seat in the division and have a strong chance at making the playoffs. Last time we got smacked in the mouth was Philly and we responded to that by winning 4 straight. We're still as good as anyone on a good day. We aren't super bowl favorites but we aren't far behind the cream of the crop.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Why do expectations need to be tempered? Classic over reaction to 1 bad game. We're still in the drivers seat in the division and have a strong chance at making the playoffs. Last time we got smacked in the mouth was Philly and we responded to that by winning 4 straight. We're still as good as anyone on a good day. We aren't super bowl favorites but we aren't far behind the cream of the crop.
    Receiver has been a glaring weakness all season though.

AB is a complete nut that the Packers should completely avoid. I wouldn't touch him with a 1000 ft pole. Not only is he a selfish, crazy, idiot, He is on the commissioners list for a reason that reason being he is accused of sexual assault from multiple people. we don't need that kind of thing on the packers. If the Patriots don't even want to put up with him then I don't see anyone wanting him

Huh? We were competitive in he Philly game. Couldíve won it on the last drive. We never stood a chance today. Absolute most ******* effort Iíve ever seen by a team. Offense and defense were bother horrendous. Even had a punt blocked. Comparing today to the Philly game doesnít work bro.

After jumping out to a 10-0 lead, Philly punched us in the mouth. The rammed it down our throats with the run game and our offense had plenty of struggles at times too. It was clearly a case where one team was more desperate than the other and we weren't the desperate team. That was the same today. It was worse today, but a similar feel bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayzak15 View Post
    Receiver has been a glaring weakness all season though.
    Who doesn't have a weakness? San Fran hasnt beat a team that's currently in the playoffs if they started today and have only beat 2 teams with winning records. Their passing game is average at best. Seattles defense is horrible across the board. Philly can't defend the pass. Dallas defense isn't very good. New Orleans doesn't have wr depth either. Cousins can't win big games.

Yea, we have our flaws. But so does everyone. And that's my point. No one is perfect. We played really poorly today. Everyone lays an egg a few times a year.

After jumping out to a 10-0 lead, Philly punched us in the mouth. The rammed it down our throats with the run game and our offense had plenty of struggles at times too. It was clearly a case where one team was more desperate than the other and we weren't the desperate team. That was the same today. It was worse today, but a similar feel bro.
    It wasnt a similar feel at all. They actually showed up in the philly game. Today was a mess from the word go.

Who doesn't have a weakness? San Fran hasnt beat a team that's currently in the playoffs if they started today and have only beat 2 teams with winning records. Their passing game is average at best. Seattles defense is horrible across the board. Philly can't defend the pass. Dallas defense isn't very good. New Orleans doesn't have wr depth either. Cousins can't win big games.

Yea, we have our flaws. But so does everyone. And that's my point. No one is perfect. We played really poorly today. Everyone lays an egg a few times a year.

Thing about NO is they get creative with Kamara and even Hill. They find ways to create offense. Outside of a couple big plays to Jones last week, we havent shown any ability to do that.

My expectations are in no way tampered. They had a bad game, it happens. But this team is easily one of the top 3 in the NFC and can definitely contend for a NFC Championship.

Thing about NO is they get creative with Kamara and even Hill. They find ways to create offense. Outside of a couple big plays to Jones last week, we havent shown any ability to do that.
    But that feels like an over reaction to one bad offensive performance. Look at the rb position for example. We lost adams in the Philly game. In the games since then, our receiving line from the RB position was 8/84/0 (catches/yards/TDs), 8/45/1, 10/102/2, 10/173/3 and 7/38/1. That's 3 pretty impressive games from the rb spot.

Were still growing as an offense. We've had some good spots and we've had some bad games. But we've done some nice innovative stuff too. I dont think it's fair to act like we've only had one decent offensive game and plan.

We sucked against the chargers. Our line played awful. Bulaga and DB were espeically bad. Bulaga has been really good all year though. DB has been off, but not as bad as he was yesterday. It's unlikely they both play that bad on the same day again. Rodgers was skittish and didn't make great decisions. Jenkins had his worst game as a pro. Those things aren't all gonna happen all at once very often. Everything seemed to go wrong. That doesn't mean it will continue to go wrong. This isn't Madden. Guys don't play at the same level every game. Sometimes players have bad games. Sometimes multiple players have bad games the same day. When that happens, you're in trouble. Doesn't mean your season is over.

But that feels like an over reaction to one bad offensive performance. Look at the rb position for example. We lost adams in the Philly game. In the games since then, our receiving line from the RB position was 8/84/0 (catches/yards/TDs), 8/45/1, 10/102/2, 10/173/3 and 7/38/1. That's 3 pretty impressive games from the rb spot.

Were still growing as an offense. We've had some good spots and we've had some bad games. But we've done some nice innovative stuff too. I dont think it's fair to act like we've only had one decent offensive game and plan.

We sucked against the chargers. Our line played awful. Bulaga and DB were espeically bad. Bulaga has been really good all year though. DB has been off, but not as bad as he was yesterday. It's unlikely they both play that bad on the same day again. Rodgers was skittish and didn't make great decisions. Jenkins had his worst game as a pro. Those things aren't all gonna happen all at once very often. Everything seemed to go wrong. That doesn't mean it will continue to go wrong. This isn't Madden. Guys don't play at the same level every game. Sometimes players have bad games. Sometimes multiple players have bad games the same day. When that happens, you're in trouble. Doesn't mean your season is over.
    Sure, I get all that. But you know how weve been kinda sloppy but managing to get away with it? I dont think anyone would expect that to last. Thats my concern at this point. Combine that with a new coach now having enough film on his scheme for people to be able to prepare and its really easy to see the possibility this team mightve hit its high water mark way too early. Weíll see, but im a little concerned and I dont think thats unreasonable or an overreaction.