Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Iggy is too modern a player to get playing time on this team.

why would we want a guy who can play multiple positions and attach and shoot without ISOing for 20 seconds first?
    What position does iggy play? Hes completely matchup dependent, he has no position, really.

And i like iggy a lot But lets be realisitc here, hes a tweener at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    What position does iggy play? Hes completely matchup dependent, he has no position, really.

And i like iggy a lot But lets be realisitc here, hes a tweener at the end of the day.
    maybe but we what are we gaining from letting a bunch of 1 year rentals go nut out there instead?

Iggy is a 3/4, they are almost interchangeable these days.

maybe but we what are we gaining from letting a bunch of 1 year rentals go nut out there instead?

Iggy is a 3/4, they are almost interchangeable these days.
    I dont think they are interchangeable. Some teams and some players have that option/ability but we sure dont, and neither does iggy.

A player like kawhi can play either position but iggy cant, he has massive physical limitations.

Who is iggy guarding at the end of the day? The smaller faster guys? Nope

The taller stronger bigger guys? Nope

Mitchell Robinson will start at center on Wednesday vs. the Pistons.

Mitch Rob had started his first five games of the season, before being replaced by Bobby Portis in Sunday's loss to the Kings. However, with New York getting blowout by Sacramento due partly to a poor defensive effort by the Knicks, coach David Fizdale decided to re-insert Robinson. However, it's important to note that Mitch was averaging just 18.1 minutes a night in his five starts this season. We'll see if Fizdale keeps him on the floor longer vs. Andre Drummond and Detroit.

RELATED: Bobby Portis
    SOURCE: Ian Begley on Twitter
    Nov 5, 2019, 2:18 PM ET
    Rotoworld

I think the better question is for Mitch can he stay out of foul trouble against Drummond? This is a tough match up for him.

NY_KnicksPR‏Verified account @NY_KnicksPR ∑ 3h3 hours ago

Injury Update: Elfrid Payton (strained right hamstring) is progressing in his rehab. He will not play during the teamís upcoming two-game roadtrip and will be re-evaluated on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeJay View Post
    Rotoworld
    Fizdale dont have a clue what hes doing. Just wasting away games accomplishing nothing.

And if you dont think the players see this you all are delusional.

This roster will never be very good offensively, so focus on youth and defense, mitch, rj, frank, Knox off the bench.

Its so obvious thats what works best, but joke coach fiz is clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Fizdale dont have a clue what hes doing. Just wasting away games accomplishing nothing.

And if you dont think the players see this you all are delusional.

This roster will never be very good offensively, so focus on youth and defense, mitch, rj, frank, Knox off the bench.

Its so obvious thats what works best, but joke coach fiz is clueless.
    Fiz knows, but why would he bench Randle after 7 games? He'd make Perry look like a fool and that's not what you wanna do to your boss. who knows if he's even allowed to make that move. Randle will be benched eventually, but he's gotta give the illusion of trying to make it work.

Fiz knows, but why would he bench Randle after 7 games? He'd make Perry look like a fool and that's not what you wanna do to your boss. who knows if he's even allowed to make that move. Randle will be benched eventually, but he's gotta give the illusion of trying to make it work.
    Its hard to know what fiz does or doesnt know, nothing he has done gives me the idea he knows anything.

As far as i can tell, they are all in in this together. Its their team, not one person or the others.

Looks similar to what happened in memphis, fizdale got "his guys" and the team was horrible, and he got fired for it.

That's sad if true

Ian Begley, SNY.tv | Twitter |

Mitchell Robinson will start at center on Wednesday against Detroit. The Knicks want Robinson defending Pistons big man Andre Drummond. This will be the fifth different starting lineup for New York in eight games.

Some of the lineup shifts are due to injury (Elfrid Payton) and others are the result of David Fizdale and his staff trying to figure out New York's optimal player groupings.

Experimenting with different lineups during the season isn't ideal. In a perfect world, teams have lineups and rotations set coming into the season. But that's rare in today's NBA, where there's so much roster turnover every summer. Depending on the night, the Knicks (1-6) could have six players in their rotation who weren't on the team last season.

So Fizdale and his staff are figuring things out on the fly. Some fans/media believe he should have his lineups set already and the juggling is impacting the team, though players say that isn't the case.

On Tuesday, Fizdale talked about the demands of trying to find the Knicks' best lineup combinations during the season.

"That's literally been the biggest challenge, just figuring out who plays well together, what combinations go well together, while you're in the heat of the battle trying to win games," the coach said. "That has definitely been one of the toughest challenges, but we expected that to be one of the toughest challenges. When you add that many new faces, we knew that trying to figure this group out was going to take a minute.

"But we're learning something every day, every game about this group: about who plays well together, what pieces fit well together. And hopefully once we can establish that, guys can really get into a groove, into a rhythm, settle in and play."

Frank Ntilikina will likely be starting at point guard for the next three games. Payton will not be with the Knicks during their road trip to Detroit and Dallas this week. His hamstring injury will be re-evaluated on Sunday. Dennis Smith Jr. remains away from the team while mourning the loss of a close family member. There's a chance that he rejoins the team during the trip, but it doesn't sound like his body would be ready to play during the road trip.

One of the bigger challenges for New York is trying to get Julius Randle comfortable in his new role. Randle is being asked to do things this season that he wasn't responsible before on past teams (defend, be the No. 1 option on offense and consistently find scoring opportunities for teammates). He's also seeing more attention from defenses than he has in the past.

"He's getting a whole lot put on him and teams are definitely running a lot of guys at him but his approach has been great. He comes in here, he watches the film, gets into simplifying things," Fizdale said of Randle. "We talk about things we can do as a team to help him. He's going to get there. I really believe that he's going to have a breakthrough at some point soon and that this will be behind him."

Fizdale added that he talks to players regularly about their changing roles as he tries to figure out the optimal lineups for New York.

"We're very transparent with these guys. I like to communicate, overcommunicate to them what's going on," he said. "They're all on board and they understand what I'm trying to accomplish and what I'm trying to get done in figuring this thing out. Like I said, it's a credit to them as a team that they're all in that way."

Listen Grasshoppers... Fiz isn't getting fired. Nobody in Knicks management cares what you fans think is going on behind closed doors. They have a team of 9 new players, 2 of them out with death in the family in the first 5 games. 2 of the 3 point guards involved in the initial rotation are out.

Frank wasn't involved in the orginal plan. He should have been but he wasn't. Fiz has been forced to use a rookie who isn't even a point guard to play extended minutes at point guard yet the team has been in every game but one.

Do you fans ever just step back and look at the circumstances sometimes before making knee jerk decisions like calling for a coaches head?

I bet if a real NBA GM from another organization read how impatient and unaware of how things work they would laugh their as off at our comments in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Listen Grasshoppers... Fiz isn't getting fired. Nobody in Knicks management cares what you fans think is going on behind closed doors. They have a team of 9 new players, 2 of them out with death in the family in the first 5 games. 2 of the 3 point guards involved in the initial rotation are out.

Frank wasn't involved in the orginal plan. He should have been but he wasn't. Fiz has been forced to use a rookie who isn't even a point guard to play extended minutes at point guard yet the team has been in every game but one.

Do you fans ever just step back and look at the circumstances sometimes before making knee jerk decisions like calling for a coaches head?

I bet if a real NBA GM from another organization read how impatient and unaware of how things work they would laugh their as off at our comments in here.
    Agreed....Maybe that's why they call us Fanatics.

I hear so much hypocritical crap here and in other places online about the Knicks "not having a starting line up that works" and then I hear the same people criticize the Knicks for "changing lineups so often". I hope Fiz and Mgt are keeping their heads down, learning from mistakes, and continuing to put major efforts into scouting. We're just getting started and we're slowly building a team that Im excited to watch, as long as we play the youngins, which is the one complaint i have so far (Iggy and Trier).

I thought depth was supposed to be our strength, not playing RJ 40+ minutes. That's just not good long term for his career imo and not great considering the depth this team has at SG.
    Last edited by Bivory; 11-06-2019 at 09:46 AM.

Knicks are DEAD LAST at Points in the Paint, 23rd in points from 3, and 28th in assists.

How about we make an adjustment and play guys who penetrate, get to the line and make foul shots, and can make the 3. Iggy and Trier need to be incorporated into this rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Knicks are DEAD LAST at Points in the Paint, 23rd in points from 3, and 28th in assists.

How about we make an adjustment and play guys who penetrate, get to the line and make foul shots, and can make the 3. Iggy and Trier need to be incorporated into this rotation
    so much for bully ball...lol.

Most efficient shots are dunks and 3's, every team is preaching dunks and 3's... and we're at the bottom in both. I'm sure we're right up there in mid range shots...lol. we really do play like it's still the 90's.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast