Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Here's Mehta at his best. The hiring of Adam Gase.
    Read http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...mpression=true for a laugh.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Here's Mehta at his best. The hiring of Adam Gase.
    Read http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...mpression=true for a laugh.

And now here's Mehta

https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/n...-gase-11309721

The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

How is he even a Jets reporter?

I doubt he even likes the team.

Take Gase, Mehta and Cimini, roll them up, and get all of them outta here.

At the very least, can we get journalists that actuality favor the team.
    Last edited by MrX27; 12-15-2019 at 10:10 PM.

Awful awful awful

Damn. Watching the Steelers-Bills game and this commentary got me thinking-

Steelers have been owned by the same family for its entirety. They have had 3head coaches in 50 ****ing years.
    And wait for it, they have never fired a coach. Noll and Cowha retired. Tomlin came in.

Tomlin on Dan Ronney
    " 'If all we do is win a championship, it won't be enough.' There's an opportunity to be positive to the members of our community and society and that message was relayed to our football team with that statement. That struck me like a lightning bolt."

And we have the Johnsons, who knowingly sold baby powder that contained asbestos which ended up in ovarian cancer cases tallying to the 4 billion mark and still counting.

If you have men who don't pull products that they know cause cancer, how the **** can they be trusted to make a legit decision for anyone or thing but themselves. No wonder this team has sucked

There is of course dumb luck and we need to really hope for that.

The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

Last edited by Larry M; 12-16-2019 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post

Steelers have been owned by the same family for its entirety. They have had 3head coaches in 50 ****ing years.
    And wait for it, they have never fired a coach. Noll and Cowha retired. Tomlin came in.

Tomlin on Dan Ronney
    " 'If all we do is win a championship, it won't be enough.' There's an opportunity to be positive to the members of our community and society and that message was relayed to our football team with that statement. That struck me like a lightning bolt."

And we have the Johnsons, who knowingly sold baby powder that contained asbestos which ended up in ovarian cancer cases tallying to the 4 billion mark and still counting.

If you have men who don't pull products that they know cause cancer, how the **** can they be trusted to make a legit decision for anyone or thing but themselves. No wonder this team has sucked

Watching Mike Tomlin shows you how to coach.
    Play to strengths, minimize weakness.
    He's on what his 3rd or 4th QB and they're still playing for it.
    Ability to adjust and knowledge of personnel.
    Great coach.

Watxhing the Bills is depressing because, we were rebuilding together and they have taken a huge step forward.
    Meanwhile, we continue to be bogged down from the top down.
    We have an oblivious owner that's only interested in profits over winning.
    And a HC that needs to go coach a college (like Pete Carroll did), so he can learn the part of the game he's missing.

I don't think Gase is that far off from being a good coach BUT what little he's missing is substantial in is impact.
    At this level, you're expected to be a complete coach, not a work in progress.

I think the Jets are their own jinx.
    Sell the team and lets start anew, but keep the new uniforms (new logo needed though).

Great coach.

Watxhing the Bills is depressing because, we were rebuilding together and they have taken a huge step forward.
    And a HC that needs to go coach a college (like Pete Carroll did), so he can learn the part of the game he's missing.

I don't think Gase is that far off from being a good coach BUT what little he's missing is substantial in is impact.

Sell the team and lets start anew, but keep the new uniforms (new logo needed though).
    Gase has shown some signs that he could be an at least, a solid HC.
    My concern is that his personality ostracizes those who don't see it, exactly like him and as we have said, good coaches adjust. Gase also lacks that skill during games. His inability to adjust to his players and to the opposing team are my biggest issues with him.
    You can be a tool douche, provided you are successful and have the cache to get players to buy into what you sell.
    He doesn't have that right now and he acts like he does, which is again...
    Failure to adjust.
    I said it few weeks back and Larry M had the perfect response. I wonder if it is an inability to adjust or a stubborn refusal? Both stink but one can be changed.

Larry commuted, maybe both.

We will see.
    The sad truth is, he is likely here for 3-4 years at least. This team will improve, so if next year they go 8-8, "We are coming together." 8-8 Buys him another year. It's likely, 7-9 will do the same.

We all better hope that the Johnsons got lucky this time and Gase will become the coach they believed he would.
    I sure as hell hope he does because if he doesn't, we will relieve this she hell in 3 years after Adams, Anderson and Maye have been traded or released nd when Sam opts out because he doesn't like the culture

Gase has shown some signs that he could be an at least, a solid HC.
    My concern is that his personality ostracizes those who don't see it, exactly like him and as we have said, good coaches adjust. Gase also lacks that skill during games. His inability to adjust to his players and to the opposing team are my biggest issues with him.
    You can be a tool douche, provided you are successful and have the cache to get players to buy into what you sell.
    He doesn't have that right now and he acts like he does, which is again...
    Failure to adjust.
    I said it few weeks back and Larry M had the perfect response. I wonder if it is an inability to adjust or a stubborn refusal? Both stink but one can be changed.

Larry commuted, maybe both.

We will see.
    The sad truth is, he is likely here for 3-4 years at least. This team will improve, so if next year they go 8-8, "We are coming together." 8-8 Buys him another year. It's likely, 7-9 will do the same.

We all better hope that the Johnsons got lucky this time and Gase will become the coach they believed he would.
    I sure as hell hope he does because if he doesn't, we will relieve this she hell in 3 years after Adams, Anderson and Maye have been traded or released nd when Sam opts out because he doesn't like the culture
    I had a terrible thought today listening to Boomer
    He was talking about how much he likes Joe Burrow, how big he is, and how his body will fill out with a little more age. Joe Burrow just turned 23.

Boomer also talked about Pat Mahomes and how he was concerned about him being thin coming out of college but when he saw him this year, how big and filled out Mahomes is now. Mahomes is 24 years old

Sam Darnold is 22.5 years old so he’s likely got growing to do...now for the bad part of my thought...this kid is going to get ruined by Gase, his rookie contract will expire, we’ll franchise him once or twice and he’ll be gone. He’ll get picked up by a real coach and go onto a HOF career with a SB or two

Tomlin on Dan Ronney

When I first heard about that I started to fantasize about a class action lawsuit that would make the company file for bankruptcy (like Purdue Pharma) and force the Johnsons out.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    When I first heard about that I started to fantasize about a class action lawsuit that would make the company file for bankruptcy (like Purdue Pharma) and force the Johnsons out.
    I don't know why they can own a team. I think that stuff should get you banned from owning a team.
    If something happened that you didn't know about and you stop it? Ok but if the **** is going on forever and you know about it but don't change it? You are a giant POS and should not be allowed to own a franchise.

Great coach.

And that's why Adam Gase has zero excuses even though many in the media wanted to give him so many at the start of the year.
    Eichel Tower

Doesn’t hurt that the Steelers have one of the best OL in the game. And a shut down defense.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Doesn’t hurt that the Steelers have one of the best OL in the game. And a shut down defense.
    I am convinced that Gase is a member of your family. There is no way you can keep making excuses for this guy.

Not just the sad state of our team but look at Tannehill, Parker, and Drake. They are all having their best years as pros the instant they got away from Gase. That IS NOT coincidence. Gase sucks at running a team and getting the best out of his players. He isn't a good coach and is going to stunt the growth of our hoped FQB. It should be frightening.

Rippin' lips son!!

Another "Fire Gase" billboard put up outside of the staadium

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast