Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Here's to another wasted year next season with this garbage *** coach. God we are gonna piss away the potential to have a franchise QB because Gase is crap.

Rippin' lips son!!

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Here's to another wasted year next season with this garbage *** coach. God we are gonna piss away the potential to have a franchise QB because Gase is crap.

But, hey! The bright side is, we don't have to worry about whether or not he gets fired. So we don't have that angst

Thanks Chris and Woody

**** off. Where's my title

The plane ploy turned into a fiasco, and the team & owners had Gaseís back in spite of Beningo and Mehta meddling.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Can we at least bring in an OC.

I maybe the only one but I am in favor of bringing back Gase. First of all he was given a tough task to succeed with the crazy number of injuries to key players. I believe that a team can only succeed if it is stable at the GM and Head coach positions. You can't keep changing them every year or two and expect to have a winning team.
    I have seen some signs of improvement in his play calling last week. He called a few screens to help take the pressure off the pass rush. He used Wesco as a fullback and actually ran him for a first down. He used a flea flicker that just missed being a long TD pass to Smith. On the first TD he faked to Bell and Darnold kept the ball and ran in untouched for the TD. These are all good signs but they must continue and more must be added. Also he is still too predictable with a run on just about every 2nd. Needs to mix that up a bit. I feel he should be given some time to continue to improve his play calling. Next year Herndon will back, and they will improve the very offensive line. Lets see what he can do the rest of this year and all of next. Then we can reevaluate.

We're Doomed

We've all seen it in our workplaces, in life. Someone in charge who is so insecure his ability that he doubles down on an obvious bad decision. The magnitude of Chris Johnson's ineptitude is staggering. Unfortunately, there's no hope as bringing Woody, an inheritor of his fortune, back would lead to Woody's incompetence as a leader and businessman. As long as these boobs own the franchise, you can expect nothing from it.

You need an owner that made it to the top on his own, not by inheriting. At least self made billionaires know what it takes to be successful. They can tell how to hire good managers from schlocks. When you inherited and are clueless as what it takes to be successful, you end up hiring creatures like Gase.

You'll notice too that the self made successes don't have to go running around beating their chests to try to convince others of how brilliant they are (because inside they know they're useless). They do it quietly and confidently. What a difference to the Johnson, Steinbrenners, Trumps, Romneys and Bushes of the world who never did a damn thing yet strut around trying to convince everybody of what great successes they are. When you're born on third base and spend your life trying to convince everybody (and mostly yourself) that you hit a triple, you end up with a pathetic situation like the Jets when you actually try to do something on your own.

Money or not, I just don't think the Johnsons are very smart. Intelligence and success are not dependent on one another.

Quote Originally Posted by flfan1943 View Post
    I maybe the only one but I am in favor of bringing back Gase. First of all he was given a tough task to succeed with the crazy number of injuries to key players. I believe that a team can only succeed if it is stable at the GM and Head coach positions. You can't keep changing them every year or two and expect to have a winning team.
    I have seen some signs of improvement in his play calling last week. He called a few screens to help take the pressure off the pass rush. He used Wesco as a fullback and actually ran him for a first down. He used a flea flicker that just missed being a long TD pass to Smith. On the first TD he faked to Bell and Darnold kept the ball and ran in untouched for the TD. These are all good signs but they must continue and more must be added. Also he is still too predictable with a run on just about every 2nd. Needs to mix that up a bit. I feel he should be given some time to continue to improve his play calling. Next year Herndon will back, and they will improve the very offensive line. Lets see what he can do the rest of this year and all of next. Then we can reevaluate.
    The Giants are bad.
    We should crush the Skins. Not a good test for Sam and Gase
    Raiders will be tough but should be a test for Sam and Gase
    We should crush the Bengals but not a good test for Sam and Gase
    We should crush the Phins and should still be a good test for Sam and Gase
    Ravens are going to smoke us and will be a very good test for Sam and Gase
    Pitt will be ver, very tough be a very good test for Sam and Gase
    Bills will be extremely tough because they will likely be fighting for a playoff spot and they will be a good test for Sam and Gase.

The next 5 games are all very winnable but not games that will do too much to measure coach or QB.
    The may be good for confidence and to support the reason Gase will return.

The last 3 games will show if he truly deserves to come back. If we show up and play well gains the Ravens, Steelers and Bills, he earns next season.
    If we win 3 out of the next 5 and get crushed by those last 3? No way should he be back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Money or not, I just don't think the Johnsons are very smart. Intelligence and success are not dependent on one another.
    Iíd be surprised if theyíre not very smart
    My best guess is this partially has to do with money owed to previous coaches, current coaches, and future coaches

I certainly donít like the decision, I didnít like the original hire but I think this is financially driven and probably some advisement from Douglas.

Lastly, if theyíre truly not smart, where was everyone when they hired high profile NFL reps to pick Bowles and Mac? I donít recall many saying how dumb they were for these selections? Also are they dumb for bringing in Douglas?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Iíd be surprised if theyíre not very smart
    My best guess is this partially has to do with money owed to previous coaches, current coaches, and future coaches

I certainly donít like the decision, I didnít like the original hire but I think this is financially driven and probably some advisement from Douglas.

Lastly, if theyíre truly not smart, where was everyone when they hired high profile NFL reps to pick Bowles and Mac? I donít recall many saying how dumb they were for these selections? Also are they dumb for bringing in Douglas?
    I would argue that Gase brought in Douglas.
    Regarding using high profile reps? I said they aren't smart. That doesn't mean they are dumb and don't know their own limitations!

Lol those guys are borderline psychopaths. Check the fax

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBrotha View Post
    I know

With this stuff coming out about Quincy, thereís no way we can keep Gase.. This guy is on the verge of completely losing the locker room in a very ugly manner. Iím disgusted that heíd have the nerve to fine Quincy knowing he may well never play again and could have life altering injuries..

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBrotha View Post
    Check the fax? Who has a fax machine anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBuckFaston View Post
    With this stuff coming out about Quincy, thereís no way we can keep Gase.. This guy is on the verge of completely losing the locker room in a very ugly manner. Iím disgusted that heíd have the nerve to fine Quincy knowing he may well never play again and could have life altering injuries..
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/q...ing-treatment/

The Osemele thing was weird, unlike many players who elect to have surgery at the end of the year, I believe he wanted to be healthy for free agency. It seems every article Iíve read on Osemele state the doctor claims he needs surgery, but I donít see them saying he canít play

The thing with Enunwa is even more weird. Enunwa is straight up wrong and his excuses are lame. Fining him is a bit of a dick move on the Jets, but I donít know what his contract states or if he was warned after the first time.

I donít know if these types of things are swept under the rug when teams are winning, but they do imply some dysfunction in the organization

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast