Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    If Adam Gase was the coach of the Titans, Derrick Henry would be an unknown
    Yep.
    I find it hysterical that he can't even just compliment Tannehill. He included that Henry in his praise.

If Gase were a middle of the road coach and had a bit of humility, humor and genuineness, I think we would all be more open to his chances but he's such an arrogant prick that he's impossible to like.
    Every time he talks, poop comes out, unless it's about himself.

**** off. Where's my title

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Again, to be clear CLAYMATION are you saying Adam Gase was a better coach than Brian Flores last year?
    Yes or no.
    You are what your record says you are.
    -Bill Parcells

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Jets finished 7-9, Miami finished 5-11. Had the Jets lost to Miami in the second matchup and both finished 6-10, they probably would be picking before Miami, having lost to them twice and to Cleveland who were also 6-10. In addition to the Jets turning around their season, Miami really did an excellent job turning around theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Jets finished 7-9, Miami finished 5-11. Had the Jets lost to Miami in the second matchup and both finished 6-10, they probably would be picking before Miami, having lost to them twice and to Cleveland who were also 6-10. In addition to the Jets turning around their season, Miami really did an excellent job turning around theirs.
    also forgot, they lost to Jacksonville the other 6-10 team. Definitely would have picked lower than all three based on head to head.

also forgot, they lost to Jacksonville the other 6-10 team. Definitely would have picked lower than all three based on head to head.
    dammit, I meant earlier. OK time to stop posting.

That's not how that works, Miami would have a lower SOS wins, hence they would pick higher.

Head to head has nothing to do with where a team picks.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    You are what your record says you are.
    -Bill Parcells
    Stop deflecting and answer the question directly.

Who was the better Head Coach last year, Brian Flores or Adam Gase.

That's not how that works, Miami would have a lower SOS wins, hence they would pick higher.

Head to head has nothing to do with where a team picks.
    You are correct that it is SOS. Thanks for pointing that out. I looked it up and stand corrected.

Head to Head is the third tie breaker after SOS (1st) and Division and Conference record (2nd), so it actually could have something to do with where a team picks. If the Jets and Dolphins played the roughly the same schedule (same conference, also playing same other conference = lots of common opponents) and the couple of non-common opponents records were identical in total, then they might have had the same SOS, though since I didn't do the research and the math, I'll guess that would be unlikely. If so, it would go to divisional record and Miami could have had a better one, having beaten the Jets twice in head to head records.

Here's the actual means of determining the picking order;

The order of NFL Draft picks is determined by the previous season's final standings; the worst team gets the first pick in each round, and the Super Bowl winner gets the last pick in each round. For teams that finished the previous season with the same records, the tiebreaker is strength of schedule (win percentage of opponents). If that percentage is the same, the next tiebreakers are division and conference records. And if they're still tied after that, the following is the tiebreaking method (via the NFL):
    Head-to-head (if applicable)
    Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games (minimum of four)
    Strength of victory in all games
    Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed in all games
    Best net points in all games
    Best net touchdowns in all games
    Coin toss

I don't like the Dolphins at all, but Brian Flores at 5-11 did way more with his team than Adam Gase did at 7-9.

Record's to me are irrelevant; I was a huge believer that New England, going into the playoffs, was the worst 12-4 team I had ever seen in my life.

Yes, the Jets had injuries to their team, but I also saw teams this year do pretty well with having key players out of the lineup.

Yes, the Jets went 6-2 to end the year; those wins were the NY Giants, Washington, Oakland, Miami, Pittsburgh, and Buffalo. The Giants, Redskins, and Dolphins are picking 2,4, and 5 in the NFL Draft; Oakland and Pittsburgh were mediocre at best and in Pittsburgh's case, playing with a 3rd string QB; and Buffalo was resting nearly all it's starters. That 6-2 mark isn't as rosy as many want to believe. A competent coach this year had the Jets EASILY in the playoffs.
    Eichel Tower

Gase, I said it in so many different ways.

He had the weakest OL in the NFL, One of the weakest Receiving team with no go to Receiver who can win contested throws. Both TEs went to IR, with their starting TE playing 18 snaps. Their QB had more experience than Sam. They have a better WR and TE.

The Jets have a better RB, but with the XFL talent on the OL it really serves no purpose.

The Jets have a very good DL, so even trading away Leo it had no major impact. The Secondary have two quality safeties. Lost both ILB, but they quality depth with Hewitt, Cashman and Burgess.

The Jets had a better season, if you can't see that then I can't help you.

Gase, I said it in so many different ways.

He had the weakest OL in the NFL, One of the weakest Receiving team with no go to Receiver who can win contested throws. Both TEs went to IR, with their starting TE playing 18 snaps. Their QB had more experience than Sam. They have a better WR and TE.

The Jets have a better RB, but with the XFL talent on the OL it really serves no purpose.

The Jets have a very good DL, so even trading away Leo it had no major impact. The Secondary have two quality safeties. Lost both ILB, but they quality depth with Hewitt, Cashman and Burgess.

The Jets had a better season, if you can't see that then I can't help you.
    No, you danced around answering Gase vs Flores until now.

And look at you trying to change the discussion.
    This has never been about who had the better season, it was about the comparison of 2 coaches last year.

Many of us on here look at the dolphins as our rival, even more so than the patriots, and we all seem to agree that Gase was the weaker coach last year.

I guess it's us, that can't help you.

No, you danced around answering Gase vs Flores until now.

And look at you trying to change the discussion.
    This has never been about who had the better season, it was about the comparison of 2 coaches last year.

Many of us on here look at the dolphins as our rival, even more so than the patriots, and we all seem to agree that Gase was the weaker coach last year.

I guess it's us, that can't help you.
    How is he a weaker coach?
    Flores had a worse record with more talent.
    He and the GM was responsible for trading Tannehil, Drake and Fitzpatrick. So one could say that he isnít good at talent evaluation.

Both teams stayed together after a tough 1-7 start. Both teams finished strong Dolphins 4-4 and the Jets 6-2.

He and the GM was responsible for trading Tannehil, Drake and Fitzpatrick. So one could say that he isnít good at talent evaluation.

Both teams stayed together after a tough 1-7 start. Both teams finished strong Dolphins 4-4 and the Jets 6-2.
    Fitz did a great job this year.
    Gase wanted Parker out.

I think that's a wash, regarding talent eval. We will see more of how each coach and GM are in the spring.

Gase has at least another season with this team, so we will see if he changes. Hopefully he does.

Wow, you are incredibly wrong about the talent on the teams.
    And the dolphins were trying to tank the year from the get go, that's well known.
    Except the coach didn't play that.

We don't need to continue this convo.
    Bottom line, the dolphins are pumped about their coach, and the Jets are skeptically moving forward with Gase.
    Last edited by MrX27; 01-14-2020 at 02:37 PM.

Wow, you are incredibly wrong about the talent on the teams.
    And the dolphins were trying to tank the year from the get go, that's well known.
    Except the coach didn't play that.

We don't need to continue this convo.
    Bottom line, the dolphins are pumped about their coach, and the Jets are skeptically moving forward with Gase.
    Yep

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast