Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    6-2!
    Chicago CubsChicago BlackhawksBuffalo BillsSouthern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi OsakaAngelique KerberBianca Andreescu

Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    It’s sad, against the 28th ranked passing defense, Allen can’t complete the long ball and has 120 yards. Haskins, in his first ever start, against our D on the Road, same yards. Despite letting Oeterson run, Thank god we have a defense.
    He was 14 out of 20 and you're complaining? lol

Your right. Against that D at home, missing on 4 long balls bringing his total to 0-23 for the year, what a stellar performance against the 4th worse pass defense in the league. Thankfully, a screen from singletarry and another shovel by McKenzie, that they turned up the field, padded 50 yards to Allens dominate stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    I'm convinced you root for a loss every Sunday. You are a strange guy.
    I’m just not a homer with the PomPomss like you Ripper. In your Eyes, Allen can throw and INT at the goaline, then when our defense gets a safety, youll credit Allen by putting the defense into position for getting the 2 points. Only the most moronic of fans can say what we are seeing is good. Those same fans are calling Mayfield a bust when his stats with Allen are nearly identical, the only difference is we have a defense.

also can any of you homers tell me the last time Allen hit a WR in stride for a 30 yard pass? Take a guess what game and how long ago it was since he has achieved a simple play that every QB in the league makes. I was told today by someone from WGR, can’t wait to hear the. Crickets, because he is a hall of fame in your eyes already.

Nobody believes anything you say. You're wasting your time. lol

Also, calling fans who are enjoying the Buffalo Bills being a 6-2 team "homers" makes you look like a crybaby douche who just wants the team to lose you can complain how things never change. You're the biggest joke on this forum.

The Bills are 6-2 and we should enjoy it. Really not much else to really say.

As far as Allen, it’s still wait and see, but I will add that fans and teams who criticized Lamar Jackson pre-draft were clearly overthinking things and have a stereotypical view of a QB.

He was a lot better than the other QBs in that draft while in college and he’s still better...shocker

It just bugs me because people literally went out of their way to discredit him and knock him down despite what he did and that only seems to happen with a certain type of QB.
    Last edited by smood999; 11-04-2019 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post

As far as Allen, it’s still wait and see, but I will add that fans and teams who criticized Lamar Jackson pre-draft were clearly overthinking things and have a stereotypical view of a QB.

He was a lot better than the other QBs in that draft while in college and he’s still better...shocker

It just bugs me because people literally went out of their way to discredit him and knock him down despite what he did and that only seems to happen with a certain type of QB.
    I'll be the first to admit that I didn't think much of Lamar Jackson. It does help that this year he has a coordinator who knows exactly how to use him and has experience with QBs of a similar skill set. He probably doesn't perform nearly this well in another offense. Similar skill set to Krapernick, who was also good for a time in the same offense, but couldn't sustain that success. I think he's not as much as a wait and see as Allen, but still a wait and see in his own right. Baker Mayfield is not nearly as bad as he's been this year. Same for Sam Darnold. They're all wait and see.

I'll be the first to admit that I didn't think much of Lamar Jackson. It does help that this year he has a coordinator who knows exactly how to use him and has experience with QBs of a similar skill set. He probably doesn't perform nearly this well in another offense. Similar skill set to Krapernick, who was also good for a time in the same offense, but couldn't sustain that success. I think he's not as much as a wait and see as Allen, but still a wait and see in his own right. Baker Mayfield is not nearly as bad as he's been this year. Same for Sam Darnold. They're all wait and see.
    I understand that, but Kaepernick made it to a Super Bowl. Cam Newton made it to a Super Bowl. Vick probably would’ve if he had a little more help.

They’re all wait and see, but he was the only one that people were suggesting should change positions. Why? It wasn’t like he was just some average college QB. It’s not like he was Pat White. I’m sorry, but it was clear if you took into account on field production and not just who looked better in gym shorts or scored higher on a test that has zero correlation to NFL success.

People had similar doubts about Watson. It’s as if those types of QBs have to do 2x more than their counterparts. What they accomplished should’ve already been the ultimate test heading into the league.

This is an off-season discussion though. The Bills are 6-2 and we’re all happy...or at least should be. Sorry for getting away from that but it’s a topic that bothers me.
    Last edited by smood999; 11-04-2019 at 12:47 AM.

Murica.

I understand that, but Kaepernick made it to a Super Bowl. Cam Newton made it to a Super Bowl. Vick probably would’ve if he had a little more help.

They’re all wait and see, but he was the only one that people were suggesting should change positions. Why? It wasn’t like he was just some average college QB. It’s not like he was Pat White. I’m sorry, but it was clear if you took into account on field production and not just who looked better in gym shorts or scored higher on a test that has zero correlation to NFL success.

People had similar doubts about Watson. It’s as if those types of QBs have to do 2x more than their counterparts. What they accomplished should’ve already been the ultimate test heading into the league.

This is an off-season discussion though. The Bills are 6-2 and we’re all happy...or at least should be. Sorry for getting away from that but it’s a topic that bothers me.
    I never agreed with the whole change of positions nonsense, but I did think he was a pretty big project. Rosen also seemed like the safest QB with the highest floor, but it just goes to show you that the evaluation process is a lot more difficult than we realize.

The offence still clearly needs more Oline help, and I’m now convinced that Allen needs a true #1 WR. Brown dropped a couple big passes that a #1 would have caught.
    Brown has great chemistry with Allen and he’s the best option on the field, but he is being miscast as a #1. If you shore up the OL and add a serious receiving threat then I think Beasley and browns numbers can stay pretty similar and add in an extra 1000+ yards for that #1.

I think they can be super aggressive in FA OL again after they cut bait with the guys who haven’t been good enough, and I think you target WR with your first pick.

Singletary looks like the type of back that can handle everydown carries and he doesn’t get hit hard because he’s so shifty so he will have some big seasons for us. He isn’t even getting very good OL blocking right now. I would still target another RB around the 3rd/4th.

Right now my offseason looks like this.
    FA - OL.
    1st round draft WR
    2nd round DL
    3rd/4th round LB/RB.

I'd swap the WR and DL.

JuJu Smith-Schuster, Michael Thomas, D.J. Chark, Courtland Sutton, James Washington... all 2nd round picks. There's a good history of 2nd round hits at the WR position. Guys who sometimes fall out of the 1st like Metcalf this year. I want a legitimate disruptor up front on the defensive side of the ball. Someone who can help free up Oliver.

Also, calling fans who are enjoying the Buffalo Bills being a 6-2 team "homers" makes you look like a crybaby douche who just wants the team to lose you can complain how things never change. You're the biggest joke on this forum.
    Your the only douche here Ripper. A keyboard warrior who feels the team cant do no wrong. A Homer that liked Allen so much at the draft, that you cant face the truth that he will not be our QB of the future. He will just be the QB here until the coach, or new coach realizes, he cannot throw long. He cannot hit a WR in stride and the team, who is last in yards after catch is not the WR's fault, it is the fault of the QB. As I said before, John Brown has never been covered 1;1 in Arizona or in Baltimore. He comes to Buffalo with Allen and he now is. This is because defenses know Allen cant throw long and they will take their chances 1;1, because odds are it will be overthrown or picked off.

Allen struggles every game our defense wins and you think 202 yards a game on average is acceptable, but then when previous QB's performed better you called it atrocious. Thats what kinda homer you are.

Vegas put the over and under on Allen at 191 per game. The EXPERTS, who control the NFL view him as a failure to put the number so low at 191, knowing all along the homers like you will bet the over. At the half way point, he is over (202), but as we saw yesterday, against the 28th worse pass defense at home, Allen will definitely finish under the 191 mark by the end of the year, and you will consider him a success.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast