Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Broncos @ Colts

Broncos @ Colts

well this game pretty much summarized this team this season. Von Miller has a sack at the 1 yard line and lets him get away into a huge gain. We then commit a personal foul to get them into FG range. I hate that we ran it on a 3rd and 5 when they had a timeout. such a waste of a chance to put this game away.

the combination of our offensive line+Flacco is such a horrid mix.

They absolutely need to consider benching Flacco

I'm not sure how Von missed that sack. About as easy of a sack as you can wish for....but we were practically wishing to lose this game anyway.

Lead the whole game until the final 22 seconds. Incredible. Fangio has certainly gotten his defensive unit to not only continue to play but play better even with all the injuries on defense. The offense has regressed massively. To the point where it is unwatchable. Somehow...this is worse than a Sieman/Lynch/Keenum offense.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    They absolutely need to consider benching Flacco
    Like what I thought against KC. Flacco is horrific out there.

Good news is, with Flacco, uncharacteristically, throwing his coach under the bus with his comments post game this should hopefully expedite the process.

Scangs has been seriously bad since around the Jags game....but this doesn't change the fact that Flacco has been worse.

I'm glad Flacco tried to save his own *** with those (true) comments..now hopefully we see less of him.

I hope the broncos boost their oline this offseason. getting James healthy would be a start, although that was one of the huge concerns about him coming from the dolphins. leary's really washed up at this point. I hope they still aren't holding out hope for bolles at this point.

Man considering this defense is down Chubb and Callahan its hard to not be impressed. They aren't in the same class as the 49ers and patriots defenses, but most different stats have us in the top 7. We have also faced some decent offenses which those two haven't.

I'm expecting a full revamp along the o-line. A couple of higher picks invested in them. Unless something bizarre happens....we should still have Munchak leading the way so we are in good hands.

There is only so much Munchak can do. Rookie OC, Joe Flacco as your QB, and two terrible OT's as starters. JuWuan may be injury prone...but even this is a bit much. Shut him down for the year and hopefully a year off will get him going. He looked pretty good when he was out there.

Limited talent at ILB. Limited depth and talent in the secondary...brought in two guys during the season in Duke Dawson and Harris to become main players to replace Yiadom and Bausby..had to work with Chubb going out.

Fangio is doing a banging job working with what he has. Some will question why it took him so long to use Purcell and A.J Johnson (the main reasons for this upstart) but the moment we lost Chubb I figured we'd be a bottom of the barrel defense..coming into the game we were top 5 in football outsiders. He still needs to figure out this head coaching thing...but it's a shame those closes losses earlier (that needed a defensive stop to win the game) is rearing it's head.

Need a talent overhaul. So got to hit on those picks and savvy FA pickups.

@Tyler_Polumbus

Flacco is WRONG in is comments about Passive Play Calling.

Denver attempted 9 passes of 12 yards or more out of 63 plays. Good for 14.28% explosive pass attempts.

Minn leads the leagues in Explosive Passes at 13%

Joe Flacco isn't playing this week! Ruled out with a neck injury! He may end up going on IR!

Fangio said that Drew Lock may be activated to start practicing this week as well!

Begs the question... Is the Flacco era over in Denver?

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Joe Flacco isn't playing this week! Ruled out with a neck injury! He may end up going on IR!

Fangio said that Drew Lock may be activated to start practicing this week as well!

Begs the question... Is the Flacco era over in Denver?
    That's an easy one. Yes.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    That's an easy one. Yes.
    I hope you're right. With Elway you never can be sure though lol

Flacco was a contingency plan that Kubs recommended to Elway before he left because Elway didn't want him to bring his boys along for that OC gig.

Flacco is done here. Hat tip to you good sir for calling out Scangs...now we don't have to see anymore of you.

I realize the Broncos are seriously scared of playing Lock too early. I get it...he's not close. Folks, seriously he's not ready...AND with Scangs struggling at OC...it's going to be rough...

but you got to activate him Denver. Got to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    I'm expecting a full revamp along the o-line. A couple of higher picks invested in them. Unless something bizarre happens....we should still have Munchak leading the way so we are in good hands.

There is only so much Munchak can do. Rookie OC, Joe Flacco as your QB, and two terrible OT's as starters. JuWuan may be injury prone...but even this is a bit much. Shut him down for the year and hopefully a year off will get him going. He looked pretty good when he was out there.

Limited talent at ILB. Limited depth and talent in the secondary...brought in two guys during the season in Duke Dawson and Harris to become main players to replace Yiadom and Bausby..had to work with Chubb going out.

Fangio is doing a banging job working with what he has. Some will question why it took him so long to use Purcell and A.J Johnson (the main reasons for this upstart) but the moment we lost Chubb I figured we'd be a bottom of the barrel defense..coming into the game we were top 5 in football outsiders. He still needs to figure out this head coaching thing...but it's a shame those closes losses earlier (that needed a defensive stop to win the game) is rearing it's head.

Need a talent overhaul. So got to hit on those picks and savvy FA pickups.
    The bolded part made me LOL! BK, YOU were posting plenty about, "what the heck - why aren't we playing Purcell and Johnson?"
    And you were right!
    Last edited by dbronco; 10-29-2019 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dbronco View Post
    The bolded part made me LOL! BK, YOU were posting plenty about, "what the heck - why are we playing Purcell and Johnson?"
    And you were right!
    Mainly more so for Purcell. That has always puzzled me for weeks knowing full well that Fangio had vouched for him from the start and he's, literally, the only NT on the roster. Just didn't make a lick of sense why he wasn't in there especially since we were getting gashed so much.

With A.J. This is actually quite a pleasant surprise. I had doubts that he would perform effectively because he's slow footed...but the man has got game. In fact, he's been everything that we expected Jewell to be. He alongside of Purcell changed the dynamics of the defense.

I don't particularly believe in Fangio's answer with AJ (in response to him waiting so long to play him) in that he "wasn't ready or didn't want to rush him" etc etc. My theory is that he just didn't think he would play well...because, again, he's a big man who's not that fast.

Both Purcell and A.J have been here from the start...they have had plenty of reps in this defense. I don't think "not ready" was a good alibi...especially since Corey Nelson started immediately in week 1 when he had 0 familiarity with this defense.

Either way. They are both playing well and A.J had himself a game against the Colts. Anyone else see this man provide some good pressure up the A gap with those blitzes? A.J is a player!

Flacc's tenure here reminds me of the past 3-4 qbs. look good for about 3-5 weeks till defenses figure out the few plays they can run and then they look completely useless. sucks that at 2-6 we could be at the 9th pick depending on tie breakers. Luckily these crappy teams are going to start playing each other and we will avoid all of them except for the browns this next week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast