Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Broncos @ Vikings

Good start but now Purcell is injured

Sutton with an amazing couch and we actually punch it into the endzone!

17-0 early in the second quarter! Wow!

oh man Allen has been pretty bad today. we are up by 20, but honestly its not on him.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    oh man Allen has been pretty bad today. we are up by 20, but honestly its not on him.
    Yeah he hasn't exactly been good

Have a 20-0 lead and still manage to lose the game. My goodness. They had to find an excruciating way to lose. That's 4 4th quarter losses, that we had leads in, this year.

And here I was pretty chill if Denver did lose this game....but nah...they had to lose it in the 20-0 lead variety.

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Have a 20-0 lead and still manage to lose the game. My goodness. They had to find an excruciating way to lose. That's 4 4th quarter losses, that we had leads in, this year.

And here I was pretty chill if Denver did lose this game....but nah...they had to lose it in the 20-0 lead variety.
    Scangs called an incredibly stupid game in the second half but that still doesn't excuse the defense getting torched. We need a second corner so bad

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Scangs called an incredibly stupid game in the second half but that still doesn't excuse the defense getting torched. We need a second corner so bad
    Who is the first? Harris was abused today too. Actually has been pretty regularly this year.

Scangs called his best game of the year. Deep balls were flying and he actually showed some ingenuity. But play calling doesn't take into account stupidity, which has been our achilles heel all season. Allen was fine. Scangs was fine and Sutton is a beast and Fant has a long way to go.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Who is the first? Harris was abused today too. Actually has been pretty regularly this year.

Scangs called his best game of the year. Deep balls were flying and he actually showed some ingenuity. But play calling doesn't take into account stupidity, which has been our achilles heel all season. Allen was fine. Scangs was fine and Sutton is a beast and Fant has a long way to go.
    The play calling in the second half was far to conservative... Running a draw on 3rd and 7 when we had a chance to effectively put the game away if we got in the end zone was pathetic. And just to let you know, he's been calling those deep routes all year. Flacco just didn't want to throw them. But overall I'm okay with Scangs. He's a young coach and like a young player, he needs to develop.

Fant is a rookie, so obviously he's got some ways to go. But overall I'm very pleased of what I've seen from him.

Allen overall did his job. He wasn't great, but he's serviceable.

Didn't get to see the first half but I heard that Scangs simply took the foot of the gas in the second half. Times like these are where we need to realize....he's a rookie too.

However, it's a 20-0 lead folks. The Vikings had 4 drives in the second half. ALL went for TD's. They went no huddle and converted a few 4th downs...we simply couldn't stop them. It's like all the limitations of the defense showed up at once. The reality that we literally only have Von Miller as a pass rushing threat, Scrap Harris is our only CB. They kept preventing us from substituting and boy did it ever show how we couldn't handle no huddle.

Simply sucks folks. We're really just limited when it comes down to it. And we lost Jano for the rest of the year.

Tim Patrick is a welcomed sight though. Anything we get from Allen is just icing on the cake and thus far I'm just fine with him.

Did anybody really think he would look good in that environment against that defense? We had 3 really good shots to win that game at the end. That was a good looking drive at the end of the game....just came up short...story of the season.

nykol is offline PSD's D.B.F. Nostradamus
    Scangs lost that game with his poor playcalling in the 2nd half. A 3rd end around on a must have 3rd down in the 4th? Shotgun on goal to go, twice? Lindsay has a nose for the endzone but he had what.. 2 carries in the redzone? Its bad because at half time all i could think is how are they going to find a way to lose this one.

Regardless of how Allen plays next week, Lock needs to be named the starter in week 13 and we need to get a look at him. You cant go into the draft this year without some clarity at whether or not QB is the #1 priority in the 1st with another high draft pick

Bottom line: If McManus didn't badly miss a very makeable field goal, we would have a W.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Bottom line: If McManus didn't badly miss a very makeable field goal, we would have a W.
    Nah we would have just lost on a last second fg again lol

nykol is offline PSD's D.B.F. Nostradamus
    I think thats a small piece of the pie in terms of blame. When you're up 20 at half and you still are throwing more than running, especially when your running more efficiently than passing, thats on the play caller. We were running bootlegs over and over inside the redzone. Allen's mobility has been a huge asset to the offense but that sort of stuff needs to stay between the 20's, not when you're in scoring range.