Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Not going to lie. I was getting ready to type up a hot take on how our defense has been unclutch in these game winning situations.

There has been 3 times this year where the game has been on the line. A defensive stop means a win...and we've lost them all.

Until today.

That was a pleasant experience. Broncos country completely needed that.

What a game for you Brandon Allen! Scangs comes back with a vengeance as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Not going to lie. I was getting ready to type up a hot take on how our defense has been unclutch in these game winning situations.

There has been 3 times this year where the game has been on the line. A defensive stop means a win...and we've lost them all.

Until today.
    Right? They're always tough until it matters and then they get sliced up like fresh bread.

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    That was a pleasant experience. Broncos country completely needed that.

What a game for you Brandon Allen! Scangs comes back with a vengeance as well.
    Play calling was beautiful and Allen was great at finding his receivers for his first game... Pocket presence left something to be desired, but it was the kids first NFL action lol.

pretty good game for the broncos. Held Nick chubb/Hillard to 73 yards on 25 carries. offense had a few too many 3 and outs, Allen took a few too many sack, and some bad penalties, but can't complain with a first start for a rookie. I not just hope Allen doesn't block Lock from getting snaps. Fant looked like a first round TE today at least. Lindsay had a few of his trademake huge plays. Sutton had some incredible catches. the core of this offense has a chance to be pretty good if we can ever figure out the qb position.

Andrew Mason

Verified account

@MaseDenver

The Broncos averaged 7.02 yards per play today. That is their highest single-game average since the last regular-season game of Peyton Manning’s career (when he replaced Brock Osweiler in the third quarter against the Chargers) — a span of 60 games, regular season and playoffs.

Until today, the Broncos were the ONLY team in the NFL to not have a single game since the start of the 2016 season in which they averaged at least 7 yards per play.

All other NFL teams averaged 5.8 games in which they averaged 7+ yards per play in that time frame.

I don't care how green Allen looked...he's still apart of something we haven't done in 3+ years...and again...Scangs may just have been given a shot in the arm.

Let Allen take the live bullets AT Minnesota and AT Buffalo then we'll see where Lock is at.

You want some drama though? How about we win these next two games while Allen looks steady to a formidable level starting QB..while we're 1 game away from .500 with a game coming at home against the Chargers...

and Drew Lock is ready......WITH..us being in range of a WC spot.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    pretty good game for the broncos. Held Nick chubb/Hillard to 73 yards on 25 carries. offense had a few too many 3 and outs, Allen took a few too many sack, and some bad penalties, but can't complain with a first start for a rookie. I not just hope Allen doesn't block Lock from getting snaps. Fant looked like a first round TE today at least. Lindsay had a few of his trademake huge plays. Sutton had some incredible catches. the core of this offense has a chance to be pretty good if we can ever figure out the qb position.
    Allen's not a rookie. He's been in the league for 4 years. This is just his first start.

I'll ride this wave of victory emotion, but I didn't see anything out there that we haven't done this entire year. Those TD passes have been thrown every game this year, we just made them work today.due to amazing effort by the guys catching the ball.

Impressed with Allen's first start, but there were really only 2 differences at QB tonight vs the rest of the year. Allen was able to get rid of the ball and he didn't turn it over. Almost did twice though.

However, good riddance Flacco.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Wow. That was a VERY encouraging game. I am ready to take Elway off my sh** list. I understand going after Flacco, a seasoned veteran. Really glad though that we've seen the last of him.

And, I certainly did not understand why we would cut Kevin Hogan, who had NFL experience, to sign Brandon Allen, with no experience in NFL games that count. Now, it looks like a great decision.

I am really intrigued to see if Allen can continue to play this well and improve on his play and give us another QB issue between him and Lock.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12