Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2020 Draft Prospects to watch

It's early but I love talking draft picks so I thought we could use a thread for one.

Going into the 2020 draft I still want the Vikings to use an early pick on the OL. T Trey Adams of Washington, T Austin Jackson of USC or T Walker Little Stanford are guys I like right now and could be available at our pick. I would be thrilled if we could get C Tyler Biadasz from Wisconsin. I think getting him, with Bradbury, Samia and Elflein as backup, are interior OL would be set for the future.

Also, QB Jacob Eason from Washington is the guy I want the Vikes to grab if he comes out and is available for us. Big, strong, athletic, big arm. Love this guy right now.

I'm just going to assume QB isn't on the list right now, unless we see a big drop from one of the top guys, or we grab a guy late to develop. Tua probably won't fall out of the first, but it's hard to say until we start hearing about his rehab.

I know we've invested a lot of draft picks on defense, but other than OL, I think our main needs are DE, DT, and CB. Everson is getting old, Linval is getting old, we don't have a great 3T, and Rhodes/Waynes are essentially worthless at this point.

I don't know a ton about this draft class yet, but there are a handful of d-linemen I really like. I'm sure a few of the other guys on this sub would love to see us get Epenesa from Iowa, Penn St has a really good DE that has a weird name, and Raekwon Davis from Alabama would be nice, too. Kinlaw, from South Carolina, could be a great DT to grab in the first.

I don't know much about the o-line prospects yet.

Other than that, the other Diggs would be a good one to watch at CB. The receivers I've heard of all seem to be projected ahead of where we'll likely be picking, but ya never know (Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs, Shenault).

Needs
    OL, DE, DT, CB, WR

Here's a nice little breakdown on Kinlaw. I really want to get this d-line back to the top.

I've been looking at a lot of Henry Ruggs today and my god. I know WR isn't our first need, but if he's available, we might have the most talented offensive weapons in the league with Ruggs, Diggs, Thielen, Cook, and Smith. He would automatically be one of the fastest players in the NFL. He can jump and has insane hands.

He ran a 4.25 in his junior pro-day. The NFL combine record is 4.22.

I don't think we need DE at all, even if Griff is gone, which is likely. I say left tackle is #1.

Quote Originally Posted by herdapop View Post
    I don't think we need DE at all, even if Griff is gone, which is likely. I say left tackle is #1.
    Our defensive line is good, our secondary is our biggest problem. Mike Hughes is definitely not going to help and hopefully rhodes is gone.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

I think you got to give Hughes a little break, he is coming off a acl injury. Rhodes seemed to get old really quick, not sure what is going on with him.

Quote Originally Posted by herdapop View Post
    I agree that o-line is probably our biggest need, but the d-line needs help. Everson has played well this year, but Hunter is really the only sure thing they have moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    I'm just going to assume QB isn't on the list right now, unless we see a big drop from one of the top guys, or we grab a guy late to develop. Tua probably won't fall out of the first, but it's hard to say until we start hearing about his rehab.

I know we've invested a lot of draft picks on defense, but other than OL, I think our main needs are DE, DT, and CB. Everson is getting old, Linval is getting old, we don't have a great 3T, and Rhodes/Waynes are essentially worthless at this point.

I don't know a ton about this draft class yet, but there are a handful of d-linemen I really like. I'm sure a few of the other guys on this sub would love to see us get Epenesa from Iowa, Penn St has a really good DE that has a weird name, and Raekwon Davis from Alabama would be nice, too. Kinlaw, from South Carolina, could be a great DT to grab in the first.

I don't know much about the o-line prospects yet.

Other than that, the other Diggs would be a good one to watch at CB. The receivers I've heard of all seem to be projected ahead of where we'll likely be picking, but ya never know (Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs, Shenault).

Needs
    OL, DE, DT, CB, WR
    I'm with ya on Kinlaw. He certainly is my favorite DT so far. And I would be pretty pumped if we got Diggs brother in the late first. I think Zim could coach him up a lot. I love Ruggs too, he would be so damn dangerous to have. He certainly has that Tyreek-speed and that can kill, especially with our offense's play-action ability.
    Tho I would like us to get an Olineman in the First, I would be fine If we took something else instead. I am adamant that we need another lineman taken with our First or Second picks. We would be set for years then.

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    Our defensive line is good, our secondary is our biggest problem. Mike Hughes is definitely not going to help and hopefully rhodes is gone.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    I think Holton Hill will help down the stretch, just needs to get back in the groove of things. Tho it probably wouldn't be smart to rely on him for the next few years because of his history.

Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    I agree that o-line is probably our biggest need, but the d-line needs help. Everson has played well this year, but Hunter is really the only sure thing they have moving forward.
    If the OL continues to play like they have so far then we might not need to address it early. Right now 4 of our 5 starters are at least average by PFF grades. Bradbury has been the worst so far but he's been steadily improving. Reiff has had a really strong season so far.

I think a DT is going to be high on the list. We're getting next to no pressure up the middle. Joseph is going to be 31 next year. Shamar Stephen is ok but not going to be your answer at DT.

I wouldn't be surprised if WR is high on the list too. I love Thielen but he does turn 30 next year. We've seen our offense look sluggish at times trying to pass to a WR not named Diggs. This class is going to be loaded at WR.

CB will also be high depending on what we do with Rhodes, Waynes, and Mack. At they very least, one of them is gone. Kearse also could be gone. I think a DB will be high on the list.
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

if I had a wish list (not necessarily before day 3) I can't decide which I'd like more....a big WR (like we thought we had with Treadwell and maybe do have with Irv) or a really quick little back/WR like a lot of teams are adding lately
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    if I had a wish list (not necessarily before day 3) I can't decide which I'd like more....a big WR (like we thought we had with Treadwell and maybe do have with Irv) or a really quick little back/WR like a lot of teams are adding lately
    Ruggs seems like he could kind of fill both roles. Insanely fast, like fastest in the league fast, but can also jump and has amazing hands. He has the "just get the ball in his hands and see what he can do" thing that CP84 had, but he also can take the top off the defense and is a red zone threat.

Of course Iím going to go with my Iowa guys. Epenesa would be amazing for Zimmer, but he is a top five pick. Tristan Wirfs and Alaric Jackson make sense so we can finally get rid of Reiff

Nate Stanley is the next Big Ben minus all the raping.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    Of course Iím going to go with my Iowa guys. Epenesa would be amazing for Zimmer, but he is a top five pick. Tristan Wirfs and Alaric Jackson make sense so we can finally get rid of Reiff

Nate Stanley is the next Big Ben minus all the raping.
    I get that we have a stud in OíNeil but why are you guys so adamant about getting rid of Reiff? Heís having a really good season. I mean heís not the best out there but weíve seen what happens when you go from an average/above average starter to a rookie/below average starter. Itís like night and day. If it aint broke donít fix it IMO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast