Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Ideas

they sat gr3 and burkes tonight......hopefully they dont trade them for anything less than quality players or lotto picks.... otherwise we might as well keep them to avoid the crap show we saw tonight. draymond cant carry this team by himself- even when the nets are missing their 2 all stars

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    i dont read any of his full articles..... i just saw tweets yesterday about him advising that the warriors stay away from wiggins trade talks.... not understanding what the warriors were looking to get in the deal.

As a warriors fan.... i would not be in favor of wiggins for russell. However- if i didnt have any interest in either team..... i would think the trade was reasonable for both sides. (Matt steinmetz and guru were talking about that today)- i listened to them when i was at the dentist a couple hrs ago.
    DLo for Wiggins and 3 first round picks over the next few years would easily be worth the try on Wiggins.

Quote Originally Posted by Burrzy View Post
    As a Wolves fan here, what drives me nuts is that you guys gave up nothing to get Russell, you guys had KD walk and signed Russell same day/week? You guys are blessed with truly some fantastic drafting, but also it is a fun place to live (compared to MN). You guys get to win multiple championships assembling a team that shouldn't be allowed, but the bump in salaries that one year made it possible to get KD. (Some great front office management), but in the end you guys get one down year with injuries, and you tank to the bottom and the reward will be a top 4 pick to bolster an already stacked team.

The reality is that even if you guys traded DLo for a few picks and an expiring contract, you guys would be able to sign a free agent this summer to fill the cap space as your a destination people want to play at.

If we had open cap space, we might get a chance to sign someone, but doubt it. If we traded Wiggins, you guys would probably turn him into the superstar he should have been for us. He just doesn't have the championship pedigree of role models around him. You guys would be thrilled with him. Asking for 2 first rounders are pretty brazen, let alone 3, even as dejected of a fan I am right now, I wouldn't let 3 go. I could see Wiggins, Brooklyn Nets 1st round pick, and Okogie, and a few second rounders which would still be a pretty solid hall for a player you guys signed with the intention of trading.

Curious to see your guys' thoughts, after the trade last night I am feeling sick of being a Timberwolves fan. I am hoping there is more to it. But we just gave Covington away for a #16 draft pick essentially. We had him for 2 more years after this, you draft at #16 hoping they turn into a Covington.

At the end of the day, we traded our best asset, we still have Wiggins, Dieng, and no Russell.

Just kick us when we are down. lol
    Warriors traded KD for DLo.

It sucked to be a Warriors fan for decades, and you had KG. It all balances out over time ... unless you are the Lakers.

warriors would not have cap space if they just let d lo go for draft picks..... otherwise they would have used kds space to go after leonard. Thats why wiggins would need to be in the deal.

I think the warriors are asking for a lot for d lo (but they may be asking for a lot to take in wiggins contract) warriors know the twolves and townes really want d lo.... and the warriors are throwing the season away anyway- so there is no urgency for the warriors to settle.

in regards to the trade last night- it would have been exciting for the warriors to be involved in a blockbuster deal because it would have given us a glimpse of the teams future but if the warriors didnt get what they wanted.... its kinda like whatevs. Warriors have said all along they wouldnt make a deal mid season unless they were blown away. If theyre looking to get blown away- lol they arent looking to make a "fair deal" for both sides.
    Good post.

KD walked, my point is that it cost you guys nothing but cap space to get DLo. You guys are a destination that players would want to play at.

To someone else’s post regarding Draft picks wouldn’t be enough, obviously that’s the case. My only point is that if we could trade two draft picks (which wouldn’t fly anyways) for DLo and freed up cap space for you guys. You’d have another all star type player this summer to replace him and two draft picks richer.

From my standpoint, the way that trade went last night... it tells me we better trade for DLo. We might get lucky in the draft, but I want to just make sure we have an all star PG to go along with Towns and see if we can have a season of that for a change.

KD walked, my point is that it cost you guys nothing but cap space to get DLo. You guys are a destination that players would want to play at.

To someone else’s post regarding Draft picks wouldn’t be enough, obviously that’s the case. My only point is that if we could trade two draft picks (which wouldn’t fly anyways) for DLo and freed up cap space for you guys. You’d have another all star type player this summer to replace him and two draft picks richer.

From my standpoint, the way that trade went last night... it tells me we better trade for DLo. We might get lucky in the draft, but I want to just make sure we have an all star PG to go along with Towns and see if we can have a season of that for a change.
    Seems like you all need to include those picks...

seems like the warriors have a lot of value in late 2nd round picks- its unlikely anybody picked with those 2nd round picks will be as productive as alex burkes. Heck- Burkes and robinson are more productive than most lottery picked wings this season.

i heard tim kawakami say the warriors should be going after ben simmons from the 76ers.... yet apparently they are more interested in the 76ers late second round picks

The Warriors didn't have an cap space for DLo. If there wasn't a trade he couldn't have been on the roster.

The Warriors can't free up cap space without moving one of Curry, Klay, or Green as well as DLo.

seems like the warriors have a lot of value in late 2nd round picks- its unlikely anybody picked with those 2nd round picks will be as productive as alex burkes. Heck- Burkes and robinson are more productive than most lottery picked wings this season.
    Yes, and they are on prove-it deals to look good and the Warriors are helping them.

If we agree that Giannis is the goal then Burks and GR3 are just pawns to be moved around and they don't matter beyond this year.

i heard tim kawakami say the warriors should be going after ben simmons from the 76ers.... yet apparently they are more interested in the 76ers late second round picks
    What makes you (or Tim) think the Warriors are particularly interested in 76ers late 2nd round picks? ... edit ... I see it now. It's not that they were desperate for 2nd round picks but were looking for moving the money out. They want to reset their repeater tax.

Simmons is an odd one. Bogut likes him, but I do wonder about his passion for the game, and that really does matter as a career goes on. He may have enough money already to never feel the need to develop and get better.
    Last edited by Scoots; 02-06-2020 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    I like that trade from the Warriors standpoint. Especially if the Wolves keep losing
    wolves did not lose this trade.... and if twolves tank next year and get a top 3 pick.... bob myers should be fired. Absolutely zero reason to even allow the possability of the warriors getting screwed that hard in a deal.

wolves did not lose this trade.... and if twolves tank next year and get a top 3 pick.... bob myers should be fired. Absolutely zero reason to even allow the possability of the warriors getting screwed that hard in a deal.
    Do you think that if the Wolves get a top 3 pick the Warriors get nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Do you think that if the Wolves get a top 3 pick the Warriors get nothing?
    I did until i learned about the 2022 pick being the warriors no matter what. problem is- even if the warriors get a solid player then- curry will be 34, draymond and klay will be 32- their windows will be closing.

We need guys who can come in and contribute now to take advantage of our stars in their primes (another reason id be in favor of trading the picks for proven players

I did until i learned about the 2022 pick being the warriors no matter what. problem is- even if the warriors get a solid player then- curry will be 34, draymond and klay will be 32- their windows will be closing.

We need guys who can come in and contribute now to take advantage of our stars in their primes (another reason id be in favor of trading the picks for proven players
    They will move the pick if they need but I suspect their trying to load up with back to back top young players to develop and take over from Curry, Klay and Dray as they begin to age out. Curry and Klays skillset will age well and their personalities should get in the way of them playing smaller roles as they get older. Dray is wildcard.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast