Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Ideas

looks like the warriors are dropping the ball on trade talks.... gonna punt till the summer. Hopefully the twolves can up their offer and make something happen here.

I'd rather have Ingram

Quote Originally Posted by Vallejo Raiders View Post
    I'd rather have Ingram
    me too... but ingram makes like 7 million/yr

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine

not sure if new orleans does this....warriors want picks tho

Supposedly Warriors want to get their pick back from iguodala trade, and want a pick next year too.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Supposedly Warriors want to get their pick back from iguodala trade, and want a pick next year too.
    So we're talking the Wolves 2020 unprotected first round pick, the Nets 2020 first rounder, a 2021 first rounder and a 2024 first rounder? They'd also have to take back a contract, like Wiggins, since both teams are over the cap. Thats an awful lot to ask for Russell, but if they're desperate enough, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    So we're talking the Wolves 2020 unprotected first round pick, the Nets 2020 first rounder, a 2021 first rounder and a 2024 first rounder? They'd also have to take back a contract, like Wiggins, since both teams are over the cap. Thats an awful lot to ask for Russell, but if they're desperate enough, why not?
    I actually think the warriors are expecting too much back for russell, but it doesnt sound like the twolves are ending the negotiation. If there was ever a time to get greedy in a trade- the warriors are in that position. The warriors are prepared to leave the table if they dont get what they want for d lo. Twolves on the other hand.... really dont want to leave the table.

If the warriors pull this trade off- there will be writers out there like tim kawakami ripping the warriors for trading d lo for wiggins.... not understanding that wiggins is literally only in there to make salaries work- warriors are after the draft picks.

Here is one crazy scenario:

Minnesota
    Outgoing: Andrew Wiggins, 2020 1st Round pick, the Nets 2020 1st round pick and a 2024 1st round pick.
    Incoming: D'Angelo Russell and JRue Holiday

New Orleans
    Outgoing: Brandon Ingram and Jrue Holiday
    Incoming: Andrew Wiggins and the Warriors 2020 unprotected 1st round pick and the Nets 2020 1st round pick (from Minnesota)

Golden State
    Outgoing: D'Angelo Russell and their 2020 1st round unprotected pick.
    Incoming: Brandon Ingram, Gorgui Deng, Minnesota's 2020 unprotected 1st round pick and an unprotected Minnesota 1st round pick in 2024.

I like that trade from the Warriors standpoint. Especially if the Wolves keep losing

I'd perfer we'd keep our pick in that scenario. But I'd take it for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    I think they may be asking for the 2021 1st and 2024 first and Wiggins.

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    I actually think the warriors are expecting too much back for russell, but it doesnt sound like the twolves are ending the negotiation. If there was ever a time to get greedy in a trade- the warriors are in that position. The warriors are prepared to leave the table if they dont get what they want for d lo. Twolves on the other hand.... really dont want to leave the table.

If the warriors pull this trade off- there will be writers out there like tim kawakami ripping the warriors for trading d lo for wiggins.... not understanding that wiggins is literally only in there to make salaries work- warriors are after the draft picks.
    Don't read Kawakami. I think we just got an insight into your negative point of view all these years.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Don't read Kawakami. I think we just got an insight into your negative point of view all these years.
    i dont read any of his full articles..... i just saw tweets yesterday about him advising that the warriors stay away from wiggins trade talks.... not understanding what the warriors were looking to get in the deal.

As a warriors fan.... i would not be in favor of wiggins for russell. However- if i didnt have any interest in either team..... i would think the trade was reasonable for both sides. (Matt steinmetz and guru were talking about that today)- i listened to them when i was at the dentist a couple hrs ago.

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    i dont read any of his full articles..... i just saw tweets yesterday about him advising that the warriors stay away from wiggins trade talks.... not understanding what the warriors were looking to get in the deal.

As a warriors fan.... i would not be in favor of wiggins for russell. However- if i didnt have any interest in either team..... i would think the trade was reasonable for both sides. (Matt steinmetz and guru were talking about that today)- i listened to them when i was at the dentist a couple hrs ago.
    As a Wolves fan here, what drives me nuts is that you guys gave up nothing to get Russell, you guys had KD walk and signed Russell same day/week? You guys are blessed with truly some fantastic drafting, but also it is a fun place to live (compared to MN). You guys get to win multiple championships assembling a team that shouldn't be allowed, but the bump in salaries that one year made it possible to get KD. (Some great front office management), but in the end you guys get one down year with injuries, and you tank to the bottom and the reward will be a top 4 pick to bolster an already stacked team.

The reality is that even if you guys traded DLo for a few picks and an expiring contract, you guys would be able to sign a free agent this summer to fill the cap space as your a destination people want to play at.

If we had open cap space, we might get a chance to sign someone, but doubt it. If we traded Wiggins, you guys would probably turn him into the superstar he should have been for us. He just doesn't have the championship pedigree of role models around him. You guys would be thrilled with him. Asking for 2 first rounders are pretty brazen, let alone 3, even as dejected of a fan I am right now, I wouldn't let 3 go. I could see Wiggins, Brooklyn Nets 1st round pick, and Okogie, and a few second rounders which would still be a pretty solid hall for a player you guys signed with the intention of trading.

Curious to see your guys' thoughts, after the trade last night I am feeling sick of being a Timberwolves fan. I am hoping there is more to it. But we just gave Covington away for a #16 draft pick essentially. We had him for 2 more years after this, you draft at #16 hoping they turn into a Covington.

At the end of the day, we traded our best asset, we still have Wiggins, Dieng, and no Russell.

Just kick us when we are down. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Burrzy View Post
    As a Wolves fan here, what drives me nuts is that you guys gave up nothing to get Russell, you guys had KD walk and signed Russell same day/week? You guys are blessed with truly some fantastic drafting, but also it is a fun place to live (compared to MN). You guys get to win multiple championships assembling a team that shouldn't be allowed, but the bump in salaries that one year made it possible to get KD. (Some great front office management), but in the end you guys get one down year with injuries, and you tank to the bottom and the reward will be a top 4 pick to bolster an already stacked team.

The reality is that even if you guys traded DLo for a few picks and an expiring contract, you guys would be able to sign a free agent this summer to fill the cap space as your a destination people want to play at.

If we had open cap space, we might get a chance to sign someone, but doubt it. If we traded Wiggins, you guys would probably turn him into the superstar he should have been for us. He just doesn't have the championship pedigree of role models around him. You guys would be thrilled with him. Asking for 2 first rounders are pretty brazen, let alone 3, even as dejected of a fan I am right now, I wouldn't let 3 go. I could see Wiggins, Brooklyn Nets 1st round pick, and Okogie, and a few second rounders which would still be a pretty solid hall for a player you guys signed with the intention of trading.

Curious to see your guys' thoughts, after the trade last night I am feeling sick of being a Timberwolves fan. I am hoping there is more to it. But we just gave Covington away for a #16 draft pick essentially. We had him for 2 more years after this, you draft at #16 hoping they turn into a Covington.

At the end of the day, we traded our best asset, we still have Wiggins, Dieng, and no Russell.

Just kick us when we are down. lol
    warriors would not have cap space if they just let d lo go for draft picks..... otherwise they would have used kds space to go after leonard. Thats why wiggins would need to be in the deal.

I think the warriors are asking for a lot for d lo (but they may be asking for a lot to take in wiggins contract) warriors know the twolves and townes really want d lo.... and the warriors are throwing the season away anyway- so there is no urgency for the warriors to settle.

in regards to the trade last night- it would have been exciting for the warriors to be involved in a blockbuster deal because it would have given us a glimpse of the teams future but if the warriors didnt get what they wanted.... its kinda like whatevs. Warriors have said all along they wouldnt make a deal mid season unless they were blown away. If theyre looking to get blown away- lol they arent looking to make a "fair deal" for both sides.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast