Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    interesting- a lot of reports coming out saying that the twolves have offered wiggins for D Lo, and saying that shows the t wolves want D lo really bad.

IMO- wiggins for D lo is the 1 for 1 trade that would have likely come up 1st if any type of discussion were to happen. Just seems to be the simplest way to make any sense.

Seeing as the warriors had no interest in that trade... here are my thoughts on their possible thinking

1) The warriors value d lo as more of a benefit on their team than they would value wiggins

2) The warriors think they could get more for D Lo from other teams/ or they think the right time to trade d lo is this summer when other teams have a better idea of their cap situations and rookies have been drafted.

3) They think they could get more for D lo from the twolves because the twolves really want d lo
    4) They just think DLo is better than Wiggins so the trade would be a reduction in talent on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    4) They just think DLo is better than Wiggins so the trade would be a reduction in talent on the team.
    I think thats my number 1

I don't want Drummond for a 2nd round pick, let alone a top 4 pick.
    you really better hope that the player the warriors get is clearly better than drummond. Drummond right now would be a top 5 player in the 2019 draft

I would trade DLo for Drummond straight up but not with the pick no way

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    I would trade DLo for Drummond straight up but not with the pick no way
    well if the warriors could flip alec burk or gr3 for a first round pick- would you trade the pick for drummond? (Salaries would become an issue though )

well if the warriors could flip alec burk or gr3 for a first round pick- would you trade the pick for drummond? (Salaries would become an issue though )
    Heís not worth that contract but a late pick yea. The issue is weíd never be able to match that without giving up one of Curry, Dlo, Klay, or Green and thatís just too steep of a price.

you really better hope that the player the warriors get is clearly better than drummond. Drummond right now would be a top 5 player in the 2019 draft
    Not with that contract.

And you should always be concerned with a team gives up on their "best" player.

And the "fit" with Drummond is terrible.

Wolves fan here, first of all, visited your city and loved it. Then drove down the coast and asked why I live in Minnesota...

Here are a few of my thoughts on the potential trade ideas...

Wiggins, I was a huge fan when he came into the league. He truly has incredible talent. Unfortunately the Wolves are terrible at developing all star talent. We draft solid role players but we never develop them into all stars. Wiggins in the right system, where someone else sets the tone with leadership could be monstrous. I think in Minnesota he doesnít have the ability to obtain the leadership he needs to develop into what he could be. If you can keep the on switch ďonĒ, he becomes unguardable. The games he is most efficient are when they go to him early for a few plays, gets him involved and then he tends to have a good night.

Covington, the stats arenít great but when you watch he is a game changer.

Josh Okogie... man I donít want to trade him. He is a player that just works hard and wants to defend the best player. Iíd rather trade a pair of 2nds if that did anything.

If the offer is D-Lo, I think as a Wolves fan we have to take that. This franchise will find ways to dodge drafting the right guy. Seems like every good team has their lead guard and their big man. Everything else just comes together after that.

I think if you guys want Covington, Dlo has to be traded by Thursday or Covington will be with another team.

Net result here, you guys donít need DLo, you have oodles Of scoring. Wiggins can score too, and I can only imagine what he will play like with Curry and Klay pulling all of the attention. Covington will light it up.

Okogie plus Covington are quite the defenders.

The only iffy thing here, is Wiggins contract. But I think you guys will be able to mold him into what he should be and the net result is that you guys are going to be winning more championships over the next 5 years.

I think thats my number 1
    I think talent and value are very different

Quote Originally Posted by Burrzy View Post
    Wolves fan here, first of all, visited your city and loved it. Then drove down the coast and asked why I live in Minnesota...

Here are a few of my thoughts on the potential trade ideas...

Wiggins, I was a huge fan when he came into the league. He truly has incredible talent. Unfortunately the Wolves are terrible at developing all star talent. We draft solid role players but we never develop them into all stars. Wiggins in the right system, where someone else sets the tone with leadership could be monstrous. I think in Minnesota he doesnít have the ability to obtain the leadership he needs to develop into what he could be. If you can keep the on switch ďonĒ, he becomes unguardable. The games he is most efficient are when they go to him early for a few plays, gets him involved and then he tends to have a good night.

Covington, the stats arenít great but when you watch he is a game changer.

Josh Okogie... man I donít want to trade him. He is a player that just works hard and wants to defend the best player. Iíd rather trade a pair of 2nds if that did anything.

If the offer is D-Lo, I think as a Wolves fan we have to take that. This franchise will find ways to dodge drafting the right guy. Seems like every good team has their lead guard and their big man. Everything else just comes together after that.

I think if you guys want Covington, Dlo has to be traded by Thursday or Covington will be with another team.

Net result here, you guys donít need DLo, you have oodles Of scoring. Wiggins can score too, and I can only imagine what he will play like with Curry and Klay pulling all of the attention. Covington will light it up.

Okogie plus Covington are quite the defenders.

The only iffy thing here, is Wiggins contract. But I think you guys will be able to mold him into what he should be and the net result is that you guys are going to be winning more championships over the next 5 years.
    Up the coast is better than down the coast. Next time maybe

I'd jump at DLo for Wigging, Covington, and Okogie.

Rumors have it, the knicks are interested in D Lo- they have absolutely nothing id be interested in though. TBH- they make Wiggins look like a great trade piece for d lo- and wiggins wouldnt do it for me

Up the coast is better than down the coast. Next time maybe

I'd jump at DLo for Wigging, Covington, and Okogie.
    do salaries work? I thought wiggins was pretty close to d lo by himself?

Rumors have it, the knicks are interested in D Lo- they have absolutely nothing id be interested in though. TBH- they make Wiggins look like a great trade piece for d lo- and wiggins wouldnt do it for me
    The Knicks have nothing you'd be interested in? Kevin Knox, RJ Barrett, Mitchell Robinson ... there is a lot of young talent on that horribly run team.

I'd be delighted with Knox and either Barrett or Robinson or their 1st round pick for DLo.

do salaries work? I thought wiggins was pretty close to d lo by himself?
    Need to throw a little more in I think.

Looks like a BS injury seemed to come out of nowhere for D lo for tonight? could this mean they are close- or just want to hear out offers? Or do you think the injury is legit?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast