Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Trade Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    So im wondering if any of this Ben Simmons talk has any weight. Im hearing it from a lot of sources... but nothing substantial. I hear things like "theres an internal debate going on whether they want simmons"... which obviously is something very unlikely to ever be proven right or wrong.

But some of the stuff is confusing- Yesterday on my phone google articles it said that the potential availability of lillard is preventing the warriors from getting simmons. But wait- a few weeks ago... werent they saying that the warriors turned down an offer for ben simmons? Hard to tell whats real.

Personally Im not a hater on ben simmons based on his recent finals. I think thats being a prisoner of the moment. I see a bigger more athletic draymond green that is just 25 yrs old. My biggest concern with simmons is not even the fit..... its what the warriors would have to give up to get him.

One thing that does seem consistent though- its becoming harder to see ben simmons showing up at training camp. If for no other reason.... just a huge distraction on a team that wants to be a contender.
    The Warriors were publicly "out" on Simmons a week before the draft. IF the deal went down to Wiggins for Simmons AND the Warriors felt Simmons was at all coachable they make take a long look.

Basically Simmons and Green probably don't work well together and Simmons mentally is maybe the opposite of Green.

Either way it would be a big scary move that could blow up in their faces.

I think Wiggins is going to stay a Warrior, and Simmons is going to get moved at some point this season.

If Draymond and Looney work then I think Ben Simmons and Draymond could work as well.

I’m glad we didn’t and won’t trade Kuminga, Wiseman AND Moody along with Wiggins for anyone outside of a bonafide superstar. And Beal and Simmons are neither that good.

Wiggins for Simmons straight up and even including a future first is a strong offer as the days roll on

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    If Draymond and Looney work then I think Ben Simmons and Draymond could work as well.

I’m glad we didn’t and won’t trade Kuminga, Wiseman AND Moody along with Wiggins for anyone outside of a bonafide superstar. And Beal and Simmons are neither that good.

Wiggins for Simmons straight up and even including a future first is a strong offer as the days roll on
    Looney doesn't need the ball, sets good screens, and plays very good team defense. Simmons does need the ball, doesn't set good screens, and plays very good man defense. Also Looney's cost is literally pennies on the dollar compared to Simmons.

I don't know that works as a parallel.

Last I heard was:

Dubs: Ben Simmons
    6ers: Andrew Wiggins, Moses Moody, a 2023 first-round pick swap, a 2025 first-round pick swap, and a 2026 first-round pick

The pick swaps seem fair, but giving up a '26 FRP is too much!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba...ors/ar-AAO9igg

Quote Originally Posted by jasonbourne View Post
    Last I heard was:

Dubs: Ben Simmons
    6ers: Andrew Wiggins, Moses Moody, a 2023 first-round pick swap, a 2025 first-round pick swap, and a 2026 first-round pick

The pick swaps seem fair, but giving up a '26 FRP is too much!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba...ors/ar-AAO9igg
    I really don't think the Warriors are that into Simmons. At this point it's a staring contest with Morey and Simmons ... and probably the Kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I really don't think the Warriors are that into Simmons. At this point it's a staring contest with Morey and Simmons ... and probably the Kings.
    The Dubs were interested as Dame nor Beal were available or requested a trade. The 6ers were too greedy with their offer.

"According to The Philadelphia Inquirer’s Keith Pompey, Morey sought a package including a pair of former No. 1 overall picks in Andrew Wiggins and James Wiseman, as well as picks nos. seven and 14 in the 2021 NBA draft. He was also said to covet two additional future first-round selections in the deal."

Obviously, the Dubs said no and moved on. Now, they're prolly waiting to see what happens as Ben has cut off all communications with 6ers and said he won't report to training camp.

The Dubs were interested as Dame nor Beal were available or requested a trade. The 6ers were too greedy with their offer.

"According to The Philadelphia Inquirer’s Keith Pompey, Morey sought a package including a pair of former No. 1 overall picks in Andrew Wiggins and James Wiseman, as well as picks nos. seven and 14 in the 2021 NBA draft. He was also said to covet two additional future first-round selections in the deal."

Obviously, the Dubs said no and moved on. Now, they're prolly waiting to see what happens as Ben has cut off all communications with 6ers and said he won't report to training camp.
    More has changed though in that the Warriors have now had Wiseman working out, and have drafted Moody and Kuminga.

The Warriors have backed away from Wiseman, Kuminga, or Moody being in the deal, and Green and Simmons are a problem together.

Unless the deal gets a LOT better I just don't think the Warriors are going to "win" the deal for Simmons, particularly when you consider the assets the Kings appear to be offering.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    More has changed though in that the Warriors have now had Wiseman working out, and have drafted Moody and Kuminga.

The Warriors have backed away from Wiseman, Kuminga, or Moody being in the deal, and Green and Simmons are a problem together.

Unless the deal gets a LOT better I just don't think the Warriors are going to "win" the deal for Simmons, particularly when you consider the assets the Kings appear to be offering.
    I am hearing this rumor too. I wouldnt want to give up all of those players to get simmons either..... but I think the warriors coming out and making a statement suggesting none of those guys are on the table to be traded might be a little bit of posturing as well as managing potential distractions.

Unless a deal is on the table and officially going down- there is no point in having a group of talented teenagers worried about what they are hearing on Steiny, Guru and Dibs while talking to Dave in Milpitas. Might as well put out the message that the organization is looking to move forward with their development...... and do what it takes to mitigate distractions for some young players who need to be 100% focused on moving towards their potential.

And heres the thing thats hard to hear for a lot of warriors fans who are emotionally invested in the core. The guy who makes the most sense in a deal for Ben Simmons.... is draymond green. You gotta have complete faith in Simmons to move green in a deal for him though.

I can't see Dubs trading Draymond for Simmons since he's an All-Star, backup PG and part of the Big 3 that won 3 rings. They do not have to make a trade like that unless it's for Dame or Beal.

The 6ers wanted De'Aaron Fox to pair with Embiid. However, the Kings said Fox, Haliburton and Mitchell were untouchable and were offering a Buddy Hield and Marvin Bagley package until talks broke off.

We can re-visit this trade during the season as Simmons will continue to lose value for the 6ers as he doesn't report to training camp or play games after the season starts.

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    I am hearing this rumor too. I wouldnt want to give up all of those players to get simmons either..... but I think the warriors coming out and making a statement suggesting none of those guys are on the table to be traded might be a little bit of posturing as well as managing potential distractions.

Unless a deal is on the table and officially going down- there is no point in having a group of talented teenagers worried about what they are hearing on Steiny, Guru and Dibs while talking to Dave in Milpitas. Might as well put out the message that the organization is looking to move forward with their development...... and do what it takes to mitigate distractions for some young players who need to be 100% focused on moving towards their potential.

And heres the thing thats hard to hear for a lot of warriors fans who are emotionally invested in the core. The guy who makes the most sense in a deal for Ben Simmons.... is draymond green. You gotta have complete faith in Simmons to move green in a deal for him though.
    Your last sentence is the only part that matters.

I can't see Dubs trading Draymond for Simmons since he's an All-Star, backup PG and part of the Big 3 that won 3 rings. They do not have to make a trade like that unless it's for Dame or Beal.

The 6ers wanted De'Aaron Fox to pair with Embiid. However, the Kings said Fox, Haliburton and Mitchell were untouchable and were offering a Buddy Hield and Marvin Bagley package until talks broke off.

We can re-visit this trade during the season as Simmons will continue to lose value for the 6ers as he doesn't report to training camp or play games after the season starts.
    It's kind of funny watching Sixers fans being mad at Simmons tanking his value, but really it makes total sense for him to do it. The worse his value the better the team he goes to is.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516