Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Trade Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    I wasnt suggesting the that trading wiggins would be with Oubre. I was saying- thats the only reason I think oubre is around (if wiggins was sent out in a deal AND we didnt get a quality wing back). Holding the salary for oubre sounds good- but it gets dicey when teams KNOW you need to unload him before X date.
    Sure, but he has value as a player and as a salary slot. If they can move him for a TPE that would be ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Sure, but he has value as a player and as a salary slot. If they can move him for a TPE that would be ideal.
    I agree he has value. But I dont think the front office is paying that much in luxury tax just to have a chance to create another TPE out of it. I think the front office consdiers it if they are turning it into a player or player(s) that will definitely help..... but its a huge tax bill for something that "might" help.

Im not in the front office, so I could be wrong. But I dont think its likely Oubre plays another game with the warriors. (Again unless wiggins is moved for damian lillard or some non wing star player).....but im not expecting that to happen either.

I agree he has value. But I dont think the front office is paying that much in luxury tax just to have a chance to create another TPE out of it. I think the front office consdiers it if they are turning it into a player or player(s) that will definitely help..... but its a huge tax bill for something that "might" help.

Im not in the front office, so I could be wrong. But I dont think its likely Oubre plays another game with the warriors. (Again unless wiggins is moved for damian lillard or some non wing star player).....but im not expecting that to happen either.
    That's the thing ... there is no tax bill if they pull it off. And the TPE could be used for any player for less than he's getting. So, if they are close, need a more expensive vet big, then having him on the roster gives them options they otherwise wouldn't have. I'm not sure at all that they would do it, but it is possible and it's interesting.

People are talking about the Warriors trading for Siakam ... his last year of his contract with the tax bill would be almost $200k for him for 1 year alone. I think the Warriors are going to have a lot of money this year with Chase center being booked solid since so many events have been postponed, but even I don't think they'd go for that Siakam tax bill

Heard on 95 7 today an interesting thought- Jarrett Allan could become available if the Cavs draft Evan Mobley which looks very likely.

Not sure what the asking price would be but I dont think hes making that much money.... would paschall and the 7th be ok?

Heard on 95 7 today an interesting thought- Jarrett Allan could become available if the Cavs draft Evan Mobley which looks very likely.

Not sure what the asking price would be but I dont think hes making that much money.... would paschall and the 7th be ok?
    I'd consider that. The issue would then be fit with Green/Wiseman.

Hes a lob threat and an active athletic body. hed be fine with green. Wiseman will have to work for playing time cuz jarrett allan is also a young center with potential

Hes a lob threat and an active athletic body. hed be fine with green. Wiseman will have to work for playing time cuz jarrett allan is also a young center with potential
    I could see Wiseman and Allen on the floor at the same time some, but they both need work on guarding away from the basket.

I could see Wiseman and Allen on the floor at the same time some, but they both need work on guarding away from the basket.
    They both need work doing basically anything productive away from the basket

Westbrook might be headed to LA which means Beal is leaving and we have a chance.

Wiggins, Wiseman, Paschall, 7&14 might just be enough to pull this off.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Westbrook might be headed to LA which means Beal is leaving and we have a chance.

I think I pass...
    not sure its a great fit.....also seems like a lot to give unless its sure to make us contenders. That leaves us with 2 shooting guards, no starting center and no dept on the wing. also no draft picks to address that.

I think I pass...
    not sure its a great fit.....also seems like a lot to give unless its sure to make us contenders. That leaves us with 2 shooting guards, no starting center and no dept on the wing. also no draft picks to address that.
    Its not perfect but hes immensely talented. Also takes all the pressure off Klay. We wont know what he is for a while. We can slowly integrate him and he can slide down to SF to close out games.

We land Beal and there will be top FA that would likely sign on as vet min to chase a ring.

I still don't like it. Trading 2 starters and 2 lottery picks for a player that plays the same position as one of your other starters just seems like a crazy move.

I still don't like it. Trading 2 starters and 2 lottery picks for a player that plays the same position as one of your other starters just seems like a crazy move.
    I hear ya and at 63 hes a little undersized but I still think with him were def in contention. Its not the smart long term play and I dont think it happens but wed get top FA on vet deals to chase a ring.

I hear ya and at 63 hes a little undersized but I still think with him were def in contention. Its not the smart long term play and I dont think it happens but wed get top FA on vet deals to chase a ring.
    Looks like they are not looking to move Beal anymore.

So im wondering if any of this Ben Simmons talk has any weight. Im hearing it from a lot of sources... but nothing substantial. I hear things like "theres an internal debate going on whether they want simmons"... which obviously is something very unlikely to ever be proven right or wrong.

But some of the stuff is confusing- Yesterday on my phone google articles it said that the potential availability of lillard is preventing the warriors from getting simmons. But wait- a few weeks ago... werent they saying that the warriors turned down an offer for ben simmons? Hard to tell whats real.

Personally Im not a hater on ben simmons based on his recent finals. I think thats being a prisoner of the moment. I see a bigger more athletic draymond green that is just 25 yrs old. My biggest concern with simmons is not even the fit..... its what the warriors would have to give up to get him.

One thing that does seem consistent though- its becoming harder to see ben simmons showing up at training camp. If for no other reason.... just a huge distraction on a team that wants to be a contender.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast