Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    With three coaches!

Let's not pretend that he *wasn't* good in the NZ before -- but it was part of the benefit.

Also, Braun makes $3.8M AND cost us a 2nd & a 3rd. So let's just all be honest when we're talking about resources invested.
    the trade was stupid for braun but he is gone after this season right? i hope at least lol... hagg and braun suck and ghost should be playing over them but he is likely going to be traded for peanuts at this point which def sucks but its far better than him continually being bad or being misused for the price tag he has remaining.... id force play him now at the top with g etc just to see if he can return to form or to at least up his stock for trade bait.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    the trade was stupid for braun but he is gone after this season right? i hope at least lol... hagg and braun suck and ghost should be playing over them but he is likely going to be traded for peanuts at this point which def sucks but its far better than him continually being bad or being misused for the price tag he has remaining.... id force play him now at the top with g etc just to see if he can return to form or to at least up his stock for trade bait.
    Why would you trade him for peanuts? He's had a bad 20 games. Big deal. He returns to something resembling decent form & hes a 40 to 50 point defenseman being paid $4.5M a season on a long term deal. That's the kind of contract that gets you an impact winger, not table scraps.

I don't doubt that he could be moved before 2021 season due to the expansion draft & development of Cam York, but I hope Fletcher is smart enough to make another team bleed to get him.

Why would you trade him for peanuts? He's had a bad 20 games. Big deal. He returns to something resembling decent form & hes a 40 to 50 point defenseman being paid $4.5M a season on a long term deal. That's the kind of contract that gets you an impact winger, not table scraps.

I don't doubt that he could be moved before 2021 season due to the expansion draft & development of Cam York, but I hope Fletcher is smart enough to make another team bleed to get him.
    i am not saying i would.. i am saying our coach/front office will at this point.... i mean my god he is giving braun 20 something minutes over him lol

the guy is admitting to battling confidence issues...AV has shown a resiliency to not bench rookies or sanheim due to mistakes and he needs to do the same thing with ghost. Give him his pp time when provorov falls off the pp streak. Give him myers as a partner, not braun. Lets sanheim be with braun for a few games and let ghost be free for a few games. We all hate on ghost but his "bad" seasons are a scoring low of 37 lol. In a bad year! This guy is definitely a 40+ pt dman and if/once we do trade him, he will heat up. Why? Because he will be put in a position to succeed. He will play in the top 4 and not with a guy who he has to drag around..

I think just 1 or 2 people hate on Ghost. At the top of his game, he is the second best defender on this team ... but let me tell you, Myers was an absolute monster last night. What a steal he is.

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    the guy is admitting to battling confidence issues...AV has shown a resiliency to not bench rookies or sanheim due to mistakes and he needs to do the same thing with ghost. Give him his pp time when provorov falls off the pp streak. Give him myers as a partner, not braun. Lets sanheim be with braun for a few games and let ghost be free for a few games. We all hate on ghost but his "bad" seasons are a scoring low of 37 lol. In a bad year! This guy is definitely a 40+ pt dman and if/once we do trade him, he will heat up. Why? Because he will be put in a position to succeed. He will play in the top 4 and not with a guy who he has to drag around..
    If he gets his swagger back, there's no reason he can't put up 0.6 or 0.7 PPG for the rest of the season, which would get him easily over 40 points on the season (58*0.6=~35 // 58*0.7=~41 plus 6 points currently = 41-47 points).

That's pretty damn good. He's talented enough to do it -- and there aren't many defensemen in the league who are. Let's all remember how lucky we are to have the luxury of a guy like Ghost.

If he gets his swagger back, there's no reason he can't put up 0.6 or 0.7 PPG for the rest of the season, which would get him easily over 40 points on the season (58*0.6=~35 // 58*0.7=~41 plus 6 points currently = 41-47 points).

That's pretty damn good. He's talented enough to do it -- and there aren't many defensemen in the league who are. Let's all remember how lucky we are to have the luxury of a guy like Ghost.
    to put up 40 on a team with many good dmen after a terible start is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    I think just 1 or 2 people hate on Ghost. At the top of his game, he is the second best defender on this team ... but let me tell you, Myers was an absolute monster last night. What a steal he is.
    Ghost may put up points but he is not a very good defender.

Quote Originally Posted by jc27 View Post
    He’s a fabulous defender, based on actual numbers and metrics that are not +/- ... which, as we all I think agree on, is a meaningless stat. So your random “he’s bad at defense” comment has no basis in anything besides what your own person opinion is ... statistics and measurable stats say he is a great defender.

if he is outscoring the opposition when is on the ice, playing the possession game so they don't have to play defense....what else do you want? To say that braun and hagg are better would be just plain wrong. No one had any issue with him when he scores lol

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    if he is outscoring the opposition when is on the ice, playing the possession game so they don't have to play defense....what else do you want? To say that braun and hagg are better would be just plain wrong. No one had any issue with him when he scores lol
    Ghost struggles on the boards and in front of his own net. He gets out muscled.

Ghost struggles on the boards and in front of his own net. He gets out muscled.
    its not worth it... ghost will be gone soon anyhow. Better to just agree to disagree. He is an offensive defensive guy who isnt a good defender and cant score anymore but its the coaching/system/players around him /organization/fans and just about everything that could be made to excuse his play.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    its not worth it... ghost will be gone soon anyhow. Better to just agree to disagree. He is an offensive defensive guy who isnt a good defender and cant score anymore but its the coaching/system/players around him /organization/fans and just about everything that could be made to excuse his play.
    And stats, don’t forget stats excusing his play.

So we're back to the nonsensical argument of +/- and Ghost being small to justify why he's bad? Anyone else feel like beating their head against a brick wall?

I really, really, really wish Fletcher wasn't stupid enough to trade for Braun and would have rolled with what we have and given Friedman a chance to work his way on this team. What a waste.

][The Inquirer] Flyers’ Robert Hagg earns another day in the lineup in place of slumping Shayne Gostisbehere

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast