Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    AV needs to get this team ready to play. Defensive structures have completely broken down. No defensive zone coverage. No accountability. Just trash.

san/prov literally stopped goals themselves tonight lolololol.

prov/san/kon/frost/couts did their best..... you wanna know what pisses me off? i am not sure vor even attempted a shot tonight.... why is he even out here exactly?

Letís just say the writing is on the wall for all these vets who are under performing; when Patrick comes back it is going to be super interesting

Happy for Frosty potting one.

Iíd be happier watching the young kids be allowed to learn and fail, get a high draft pick, and lose Voracek in expansion to move us forward.

Trading him would be ideal. As I previously said, he doesnít do anything well in AVís system. He is a Lavy system guy, east west. This north south game does nothing to match his skill set unless he is on the boards.

Also, our defense has an absurdly high % of our team points. Itís not sustainable.

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Letís just say the writing is on the wall for all these vets who are under performing; when Patrick comes back it is going to be super interesting

Happy for Frosty potting one.

Iíd be happier watching the young kids be allowed to learn and fail, get a high draft pick, and lose Voracek in expansion to move us forward.

Trading him would be ideal. As I previously said, he doesnít do anything well in AVís system. He is a Lavy system guy, east west. This north south game does nothing to match his skill set unless he is on the boards.
    i want him gone last year before any of this... we never trade guys when their stock is super high when we arent good... its annoying... we can still get a good bit for him right now and we wont trade him

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Also, our defense has an absurdly high % of our team points. Itís not sustainable.
    defensive scoring was always going to be a strenght. I definitely think its sustainable but they shouldn't be the primary scoring the team gets. Whats crazy is that ghost isn't even lighting it up with assists too.

AV I think said it best. He said earlier in the year that he was kind of shocked at the team because of how outsiders evaluated the skill. Once he got a full look and was able to actually coach the team, I think he was starting to really see the lack of elite talent. The team is still has ways to go and our depth is better now that it ever was. They still have a lot of work to do so that is the huge plus we have. We just need to get the scoring bug off our back and i think the team will run with it.

For the love of god, set the powerplay up and put ghost back on it too. I can't stand watching voracek and giroux rim the puck around the boards beacuse there are no options. Put couts back on the top pp, ghost back on...

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i want him gone last year before any of this... we never trade guys when their stock is super high when we arent good... its annoying... we can still get a good bit for him right now and we wont trade him
    its not that easy to trade a guy who has 8 million in cap to a team. the partner has to be an ideal fit

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    its not that easy to trade a guy who has 8 million in cap to a team. the partner has to be an ideal fit
    i never said it would be easy but it is impossible because...... our front office would never do it... they would never even look.... period.

i think that's more of a function of our forwards getting into a prolonged slump, rather than our defense outperforming their expectations.

posted on november 11:
    also i told you guys we were gonna come out the gate much better than people thought. : )
    the last time i posted something like this, the flyers lost 4 straight games....
    the flyers' record since then:
    0-2-2

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    posted on november 11:

0-2-2
    lol

i think that's more of a function of our forwards getting into a prolonged slump, rather than our defense outperforming their expectations.

posted on november 11:

0-2-2

whoops

at 5v5:
    TOI with couturier (in minutes); TOI without .... cf% (50% is average, 55% is very good); PDO (over 100 indicates good puck luck; under 100 indicates bad puck luck); OZ start %; plus/minus

hayes: 6; 286 .... 50% .... 91 .... 47% .... -9
    voracek: 8; 247 .... 53% .... 97 .... 54% .... -3
    JVR: 14; 255 .... 50% .... 102 .... 55% .... +2
    giroux: 37; 249 .... 55% .... 102 .... 49% .... +6

couturier: 59% CF% .... 97 PDO .... 53% OZ start% .... -2

i have no idea what to make of this team right now. many players have are underperforming in key areas, except their underlying performance is fairly strong...but then the team is managing to salvage some pretty good results, which means that even when the individual performances improve, it's likely that the team's overall performance will regress.

also possible:
    this team is actually extremely good, and if/when the individual luck evens out, they're going to go on a massive tear.

at 5v5:
    TOI with couturier (in minutes); TOI without .... cf% (50% is average, 55% is very good); PDO (over 100 indicates good puck luck; under 100 indicates bad puck luck); OZ start %; plus/minus

hayes: 6; 286 .... 50% .... 91 .... 47% .... -9
    voracek: 8; 247 .... 53% .... 97 .... 54% .... -3
    JVR: 14; 255 .... 50% .... 102 .... 55% .... +2
    giroux: 37; 249 .... 55% .... 102 .... 49% .... +6

couturier: 59% CF% .... 97 PDO .... 53% OZ start% .... -2

i have no idea what to make of this team right now. many players have are underperforming in key areas, except their underlying performance is fairly strong...but then the team is managing to salvage some pretty good results, which means that even when the individual performances improve, it's likely that the team's overall performance will regress.

also possible:
    this team is actually extremely good, and if/when the individual luck evens out, they're going to go on a massive tear.
    im hopefully leaning toward the 2nd one haha. I can't see the team being worse than they have in their losses. They have improved the pk and they aren't scoring. That should change and the team still has a lot of areas to improve. I have hope

Holy f it's painful.

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast