Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    what the hell is going on? seriously no one can score it seems. How many line changes does AV need to make?
    Not sure it is a line problem, it is too many players do the same thing. The team is reflective of the captains, and Voracek and G are unselfish, pass first players who like to have the puck on their stick ... who work hard but donít have the throat step mentality. That is why Gís penalty shot was so surprising this year when he ripped the slapper. It was out of character.

We need a leader who doesnít want to just win, they want to destroy the competition every single game ... one who will shoot first.

This game should have been 5-0 after 2 ... and over ... regardless of the crap 3rd where we didnít want to step on throats.

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Not sure it is a line problem, it is too many players do the same thing. The team is reflective of the captains, and Voracek and G are unselfish, pass first players who like to have the puck on their stick ... who work hard but donít have the throat step mentality. That is why Gís penalty shot was so surprising this year when he ripped the slapper. It was out of character.

We need a leader who doesnít want to just win, they want to destroy the competition every single game ... one who will shoot first.

This game should have been 5-0 after 2 ... and over ... regardless of the crap 3rd where we didnít want to step on throats.
    I dont think its on g, we have the right leaders. Voracek has been awful lately. We should take him off the damn powerplay until he gets going. G needs to be on the wing with couts. If we do that then we can have lindblom and tk on another line to make that line better as well. Couts will do his thing with anyone. It could be a line thing..right now we have all the producing guys on one line. The game was 3-0 but the isles easily could've scored 2-3 int he 2nd as well.

some options when laughts is back:

g-couts-farabee
    lindblom-hayes-tk
    jvr-laughton-voracek

g-couts-tk
    lindblom-hayes-voracek
    jvr-laughton-farabee

simply put tho, the team needs to be better int he third. We were lucky to get some earlier shootout wins or we would have been 3-4 points fewer in the standings. We could've gained on the isles and now we allowed them to get 2 and only get 1. These are huge points that will/could come back to haunt us in the end.

AV needs to somehow get Ghost past the whole Hak is not the coach and shoot the puck!

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    AV needs to somehow get Ghost past the whole Hak is not the coach and shoot the puck!
    Literally the least of our concerns is ghost.

How about Hayes, who has done nothing offensively in 8 games, or anyone not on couturierís line ... letís start there.

I agree but Ghost shooting more will lead to tips and rebounds that the forwards can try to put in.

It's not like the Flyers are the only team with this issue. A lot of teams rely heavily on one line to score including on of the best teams in the league in Boston. With the worst offender of this narrative being Edmonton simply because they don't have any depth behind McDavid, Draisaitl, RNH.

Getting Laughton back will help, but not fix everything. Even though Lindblom and Couturier were fine last night Without TK, I'd rather not seperate them.

Lindblom-Couturier-TK
    JVR-Hayes-Voracek
    Giroux-Laughton-Farabee
    Andreoff-Raffl-Pitlick

4th line is still a bit of an eyesore that could be fixed simply by Patrick being healthy.

I like those lines but I'd switch JVR and G.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    I like those lines but I'd switch JVR and G.
    I wouldn't for a couple reasons:

1. Giroux and Voracek hasn't worked for years aside from their time with Couturier because they get stuck in a pattern of over passing looking for the perfect shot. Couturier overwhelmingly led that line in shot attempts bc he was the only one looking to shoot 1st.

2. I like the dynamic of having 2 very different lines in the middle 6 and you have at least one guy on each of those lines with a shooters mentality. Each line also has a high end passer and a guy that excels at controlled zone entries. Hayes line can play a big man's game and control the puck down low. G's line can create a lot of dangerous chances off the rush using speed through the neutral zone...particularly if you line match them against other bottom 6 lines.

Don't get hung up with G being down on the 3rd line bc with the way AV deploys his lines it doesn't really matter where in the top 9 he plays. It's not really going to affect his minutes.

How about Hayes, who has done nothing offensively in 8 games, or anyone not on couturierís line ... letís start there.

see... when it comes to ghost its either excuses or downplaying his crap. You wanted him out there with so and so and on the powerplay...he didnt have a shot until 7 seconds left in the game.. there was wide open lanes for him and he refused to pull the trigger.... giving him the time on the power play is good but its also wasted if he wont take the shot which is suppose to be his strength... so yes its a major concern because it hurts us on the power play.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post

see... when it comes to ghost its either excuses or downplaying his crap. You wanted him out there with so and so and on the powerplay...he didnt have a shot until 7 seconds left in the game.. there was wide open lanes for him and he refused to pull the trigger.... giving him the time on the power play is good but its also wasted if he wont take the shot which is suppose to be his strength... so yes its a major concern because it hurts us on the power play.
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    It's not like the Flyers are the only team with this issue. A lot of teams rely heavily on one line to score including on of the best teams in the league in Boston. With the worst offender of this narrative being Edmonton simply because they don't have any depth behind McDavid, Draisaitl, RNH.

Getting Laughton back will help, but not fix everything. Even though Lindblom and Couturier were fine last night Without TK, I'd rather not seperate them.

Lindblom-Couturier-TK
    JVR-Hayes-Voracek
    Giroux-Laughton-Farabee
    Andreoff-Raffl-Pitlick

4th line is still a bit of an eyesore that could be fixed simply by Patrick being healthy.
    i don't like it at all and don't really fall into we are a one line team. We have way more offensive depth than boston and edm. I think couts can carry anyone at this point and i don't want laughton with giroux at all.
    Last edited by 3iverson3; 11-17-2019 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    I wouldn't for a couple reasons:

1. Giroux and Voracek hasn't worked for years aside from their time with Couturier because they get stuck in a pattern of over passing looking for the perfect shot. Couturier overwhelmingly led that line in shot attempts bc he was the only one looking to shoot 1st.

2. I like the dynamic of having 2 very different lines in the middle 6 and you have at least one guy on each of those lines with a shooters mentality. Each line also has a high end passer and a guy that excels at controlled zone entries. Hayes line can play a big man's game and control the puck down low. G's line can create a lot of dangerous chances off the rush using speed through the neutral zone...particularly if you line match them against other bottom 6 lines.

Don't get hung up with G being down on the 3rd line bc with the way AV deploys his lines it doesn't really matter where in the top 9 he plays. It's not really going to affect his minutes.

g-couts-tk
    jvr-hayes-farabee
    lindblom-laughton-voracek

bottom line...jvr, hayes, and voracek need to start producing. Once patrick is back, laughton can do down to the 4th line finally. I don't see a shooter ont he 3rd line at all. Farabee is still far from that. Also, Giroux's line would still always see the top d pair most likely and that line would not generate offense in my opinion. We ahve to get giroux with couts so that he doesn't have to carry the line and can do what he does best.

I also don't like voracek with jvr the way they both are playing.

seriously. People always criticize ghost harshly for the smallest mistakes but hayes, jvr, and voracek need to score more. These guys are being paid 22+ and haven't done a damn thing offensively. Hayes is so damn selfish and when he does pass he just loses it because he holds it for too long and the play dies or he is always offsides when he doesn't have the puck lol

Hayes is great on the pk tho..

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    seriously. People always criticize ghost harshly for the smallest mistakes but hayes, jvr, and voracek need to score more. These guys are being paid 22+ and haven't done a damn thing offensively. Hayes is so damn selfish and when he does pass he just loses it because he holds it for too long and the play dies or he is always offsides when he doesn't have the puck lol

Hayes is great on the pk tho..
    He just needs to get back to grinding down low & forcing the puck into HDSC areas. He's trying to be a skill player when he should be playing like a power forward.

Frost was recalled.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast